Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Vote - yes or no.

11K views 98 replies 83 participants last post by  richcoff1 
#1 ·
Vote yes or no if you have one of these three most annoying complaints.

I have to go to my dealear soon for service.

After he says "what water leaks" and "what wind whistle" and "what steering wheel creeking noise" I would like to show him some data that these issues are real.

Vote Yes or No if you have had any on these issues.

1. Water leaks into cab.
2. Wind/windshield noises.
3. Steering wheel noises.

G
#2 · (Edited)
1. Water leaks into cab. YES/FIXED
2. Wind/windshield noises. NO
3. Steering wheel noises. YES/FIXED ITSELF
#1830 off the line

4. I forgot about the rear bumper.

Paint is bubbling. Honda is going to repaint it after the NOPI. Thank goodness it's not noticable unless you look for it. But then again, that's the beauty of SILVER! :D
( Oh..sorry....had to go there. ) :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Water Leaks... We have had so little rain I don't know yet

Windshield Noise: Experienced the first whistle today, I was behind a truck in wind at 75+ and it was the only time I heard it. Hopefully the answer is no

Steering Wheel Creeks: Yes. Pretty bad too.

Additional problem:
Mystery clunk noise went away????

The pad inside the console that slides out is peeling off. Not a big problem though.

Worst Problem: I am having a hard time fending off my wife who wants to drive it!

#6 ·
Sorry ladyridge, I was trying to make this a voting poll like your "favorite color poll"

But I screwed it all up :confused: Tired to delete it. Maybe you could creat one that works better. Like the "color" survey.

But maybe this will work anyway, Thanks for your reply.

G
#8 ·
JOZ RIDG said:
Sorry ladyridge, I was trying to make this a voting poll like your "favorite color poll"

But I screwed it all up :confused: Tired to delete it. Maybe you could creat one that works better. Like the "color" survey.

But maybe this will work anyway, Thanks for your reply.
You did just fine here JOZ. Look at the responses already. :p

#10 ·
Bought my RTL in July '05, have about 1800 miles on it (already?!??)...

1. Water leaks into cab. -- not enough rain in SoCal to determine this yet
2. Wind/windshield noises. -- wind noises from roof rack, not windshield yet
3. Steering wheel noises. -- yes, started around 1100 miles, dealer fixed

Hope this helps!

#11 ·
ladyridge said:
You did just fine here JOZ. Look at the responses already. :p
WOW, I better fill my printer with paper and start printing! The ROC is such an awesome site/forum where you can learn so much and get such great information from a lot of knowledgeable and experienced people.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

#12 ·
1. no
2. no
3. yes, just started about 200 miles ago, around 3500 miles total

also, speaker rattles

inner door handle cover on passenger side fell off

side door moldings, ( you know the ones that fill the indentations), were ripply and had to be replaced.

This is a few more little issues than I was expecting from a Honda. My Accord was and still is flawless.

#13 ·
1) Yes / Fixed
2) Yes / Fixed to a tolerable level
3) No

#1145 off the line

#15 ·
I think it is
No
No
Yes

Assuming that I said yes to the steering wheel noise. It isn't very bad but I do notice it. I have heard a new rattle lately but I think it may be something we threw into the glove box and I have been too busy dealing with the other issues to worry about a little noise in the box. Maybe when I take it out this weekend I will notice what the issue is.

#16 ·
We also have a passenger side dash rattle.
Gretchen - Saw a post on this yesterday. Might be the right speaker grille/cover. It mentioned the dealers already have TSB on this.

I was thinking while I was reading it, how can they have a TSB already on an issue that sounds so NEW and not have one on all the older water leak,wind noise, and steering wheel creek issues that I'm sure they are well aware of.

Go figure. :(

#18 ·
1. No
2. No
3. No

D. I also have the front passenger speaker rattling, but only when the bass hits (I have the sub at "0" and the bass at "+1" and treble at "+4")

I have it turned up to about 10-12 on the volume, when this happens. I am afraid to go any higher...then the speaker would really BLOW!

Cheers,
George

#19 ·
1. Not yet (fingers remain crossed).
2. Yes (tolerating it while waiting for TSB).
3. Yes (theoretically fixed by dealer last week; holding my breath).

#24 ·
GJRUGBY said:
1. No
2. No
3. No

D. I also have the front passenger speaker rattling, but only when the bass hits (I have the sub at "0" and the bass at "+1" and treble at "+4")

I have it turned up to about 10-12 on the volume, when this happens. I am afraid to go any higher...then the speaker would really BLOW!

Cheers,
George
Geo:

When I rockin' out, it's not unusual for me to have the volume level at or around 30ish for awhile. I wouldn't be afraid of blowing the speakers at that level and especially not at 10-12. When you get the chance, point out the rattle to your dealer. I think it's mounted wrong or has a loose cover or something. Also, my bass, sub and treble are approximately set the way yours are.

Embo

#25 ·
1 no
2 no
3 yes it started

also the leather in the driver seat is bunching up would not of noticed this except someone mentioned this in another post and I looked at mine. It looks ok from the drivers side but you notice it from the passenger side looking at the drivers seat.

#26 ·
1. No
2. Nope
3. Not a bit
VIN >18800

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.