fire and brimstone - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige
Angry fire and brimstone

While driving on the interstate today a dump truck was dropping rocks everywhere. Lucky me I got caught in it. It was like fire and brimstone. The fire was me being mad about it and the brimstone was the rocks bounceing all over the road. I got a body shop estimate for $1,965.00 plus an additional $250 for car rental. The trucking company will call me back tomorrow to see how they want to handle it. I told the manager what had happened and told him if it was an old car I would care but it was a 2006 Honda ridgeline and then he said " aagh ,I dont blame you for wanting it fixed.

Living the beach life

www.seasidescrapbook.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club

Model: RTS
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige
Re: fire and brimstone

Sorry to hear that. Most of those truckers have "stay back" and "not responsible for damage" on them. Good luck with getting reimbursed...there's always insurance if they refuse to pay.

Click here to vote for Black as your favorite color.

Steve
2006 Ridgeline Nighthawk Black Pearl RTS
2001 Accord Dark Emerald Pearl LX V6
Local Sports Photos
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

My wife has luck like your, luckily, I drive the ridge, but I feel sorry for her pilot knowing what is in store for her.

She used to have the odyssey, by the time we traded it it looked like a dart board

I hope they fix it for you!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler
Sorry to hear that. Most of those truckers have "stay back" and "not responsible for damage" on them. Good luck with getting reimbursed...there's always insurance if they refuse to pay.
They can post all the signs they want, but they are still responsible for any damage they cause as a result of their failure to make the vehicle safe for others on the road.

Don't let them tell you no, get the trucks insurance comapany name and number and file a complaint, (it is probably against the law for them to withhold the information) file a report with the local police dept in the town you were hit if possible!!

You'll probably get the damages you incurred if you pursue it with vengance.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:10 PM

I have seen dump trucks getting pulled over that come out of a nearby rock quarry. Apparently debris was falling out of the truck.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2007
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
Send a message via AIM to ridgeln

They were probably being cited for "failure to secure the load" or something similar - the same can happen w/ us if we have unsecured cargo in our trucks that flies out and lands on the road causing a hazard.

-ridgeln
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Junior

My wife is a paralegal and she laughs at those signs on trucks that say " stay back 200 feet , not responsible for rock damage" These are totally bogus and do not hold up in court. At least here in Indiana it doesnt. I see what they sat tomorrow.

Living the beach life

www.seasidescrapbook.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

Model: SPORT
Model Year: 2014
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Send a message via Yahoo to steveberger

I am (sort of) in the shippng business. I mostly ship radioactive materials. At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I consider myself expert at Department of Transportation regulations. The appropriate regulation in this case applys to any commercial carrier.

The Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49 Transportation, Part 393, Subpart I - Protection Against Shifting or Falling Cargo, contains all of the regulations for load securement.

A trucking company can put all the "...not responsible..." signs they want on their trucks but...

49CFR393.100(c) states, "Each commercial motor vehicle must, when transporting cargo on public roads, be loaded and equipped, and cargo secured, in accordance with this subpart to prevent the cargo from leaking, spilling, blowing or falling from the motor vehicle."

They are responsible! Quote this to them or have your lawyer do it if necessary. They will have to pay.

The object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride"!

Last edited by steveberger; 10-17-2005 at 08:43 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up Re: fire and brimstone

Brag Away!

DOT experts, lawyers, ya gotta love this place!

We need a judge, we need Texas Judge Larry Joe!

Book 'em Dano!

Hey Steve, what kind of radioactive material do you ship? For industry or healthcare? Just interested because hubby works in Oak Ridge (although not at ORNL) and I have responsibility at my job for the production of some radiopharmaceuticals in a hot lab, radiopharmacy and Cyclotron. I have physicists and folks that work for me that are experts about it, so I only know enough to be dangerous! (We do ship some of our FDG out to other healthcare facilities and also we import some of our other radiopharmaceuticals)

~ Living My Dash ~

www.thedashmovie.com
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 08:41 PM

Model: SPORT
Model Year: 2014
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Send a message via Yahoo to steveberger

Worked at an operating nuclear power plant in Vermont for many years. From there I managed an industrial laundry that cleaned the yellow protective clothing worn at nuclear facilities-had to ship the stuff back and forth in company trucks. Currently I am decommissioning the Connecticut Yankee plant so I'm shipping tons and tons of contaminated demolition debris using contract carriers.

I have been to Oak Ridge while working for Duratek on Gallaher Road in Kingston, TN.

The object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride"!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode