Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Guests

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Long Gone 
#1 ·
Guests/An Invitation to you from Tex's Ridge & the ROC

There are over 33 of you viewing threads in our forum!!! Why not J O I N us? Jump right in and register and contribute!!!:D

#2 ·
YEAH!! What Tex said!! :)
It doesn't cost a thing. There is a wealth of knowledge one can find here and the members are friendly. This is a great place to share your experiences, troubles, photos of your ride (if you own a Ridgeline), or even posting questions (we know you have them)! So come out of the closet and JOIN!! I guarantee you'll be welcomed by all (try it...you'll like it). :D

#3 ·
SixOpRidge said:
YEAH!! What Tex said!! :)
It doesn't cost a thing. There is a wealth of knowledge one can find here and the members are friendly. This is a great place to share your experiences, troubles, photos of your ride (if you own a Ridgeline), or even posting questions (we know you have them)! So come out of the closet and JOIN!! I guarantee you'll be welcomed by all (try it...you'll like it). :D
Now there are 53 of you out there looking in!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!:D

#5 ·
vortmax said:
One of those was likely me. I often just pop in and look around without logging in.
You can still log in but choose the invisible mode. in this mode, no one will know you are lurking, but you can always jump in without have to log on first:)

#7 ·
One of those was probably me too. I don't log in until I want to post. I'm not trying to be invisible it's just easy to bring up the forum and not sign in.

RidgeInTheVille

#9 ·
I do what swampler does. If you are here, you are logged on.

#12 ·
Good idea Tex, but I would have made a more explicit title such as "A friendly challenge or invitation to our Guests".

I hope this will attract the attention of guests. Please go ahead and register. You will help the best Ridgeline site on the net become even better. You need not be an owner.

As far as using "remember me," I do too. However, the last few days it hasn't remembered me too well. I like to stay logged on because I know I will always find a thread I'm interested in and want to comment on. There are times that I log off, but now that there's a link after I've viewed all the threads to go back to the last 24 hours I don't have to do that very often.

#13 ·
Truckin' said:
now that there's a link after I've viewed all the threads to go back to the last 24 hours I don't have to do that very often.
There's also a "Today's Posts" under "Quick Links" at the top of the page, so you don't have to have viewed everything to see all of the recent stuff.

#14 ·
Another handy shortcut I was unaware of. Thanks. I seem to be a creature of habit. Once I find a way to do something, I keep doing it, even if a more efficient way exists. It's not that I don't prefer efficiency, because I truly do, it's just that it's no longer an issue if I have something that works OK.

I will be using quick links to do this from now on. Your guidance and advice is appreciated.

#15 ·
I would love to see every visitor to ROC sign up for an account and log in, but unfortunately, it's just not a reality. There are some people who just don't sign in becuase they either haven't checked the 'remember me' box, or are visiting from work or a friends computer. Others are new people looking at a Ridgeline, but just don't want to register just yet as they don't want to give the information out because they believe they will receive more spam than they already are (we, of course, know that our information is kept private here). I, myself, didn't register until I made a post. And then you get those people that think their truck is better than the Ridgeline, and just want to see what other people are saying so they can go trash it some more on www.autoweek.com.

In a perfect world, everyone would be a logged in member, but until then, welcome lurkers!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.