MISTAKE! Wife now driving the Ridgeline! - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
MISTAKE! Wife now driving the Ridgeline!

My wife's Camry is in the shop for maintenance at 175K miles. So she's been dropping me off at work and driving the rest of her 30 mile commute in the truck for the last few days. She gets compliments and questions everyday, ooohs and awwws. She says she's decided to drive "him" to work from now on. Of course, I had to ask her for all her specific reasons and she basically said "it's just such a nice vehicle to drive"...(for all the reasons that you already know.)

That's not really going to happen, though. It's my truck! And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige
Garage
Re: MISTAKE! Wife now driving the Ridgeline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeOwner3
My wife's Camry is in the shop for maintenance at 175K miles. So she's been dropping me off at work and driving the rest of her 30 mile commute in the truck for the last few days. She gets compliments and questions everyday, ooohs and awwws. She says she's decided to drive "him" to work from now on. Of course, I had to ask her for all her specific reasons and she basically said "it's just such a nice vehicle to drive"...(for all the reasons that you already know.)

That's not really going to happen, though. It's my truck! And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.
Hey RidgeOwner3, That may take quite awhile. Yota's last just as long as Hondas. We've got both so I do not forsee anything new until 2017 or there abouts.....

"Life is a Timed Event", you only get to take "One Lap Around!"
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Quote:
And the only reason we're maintaining her car (and not trading it in) is because she already said she wants to keep it until it dies.
It's a known fact that woman ARE allowed to change their minds. So...go buy her her own RidgeLine.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: RTL
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRidge
It's a known fact that woman ARE allowed to change their minds. So...go buy her her own RidgeLine.
well it happened to me. My wife said she would keep the 2000 odyssey till it died. then I purchased the ridgeline, she drove it, and wanted it all the time. So we trade the ody for a new pilot, she stills take the ridgeline for drving around on the weekends. Luckily, I have been towing stuff lately. no hitch on the pilot. so I get to keep the ridge.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: White / Olive

Quote:
So...go buy her her own RidgeLine.
Better yet - tell her to go buy her own.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridged
Better yet - tell her to go buy her own.
Now now..be nice Mr. Ocifer.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:17 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: White / Olive

Quote:
Now now..be nice Mr. Ocifer.
I grew up during the women's lib movement so I rest my case.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 01:25 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:

Maybe you are soon to be a TWO Ridgeline family
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Send a message via MSN to Erock40

Quote:

I know the feeling, my wife just about wrestles the key away from me to drive and she HATES driving. My poor RSX, she'll never get to 50K b/c all we go in now it the Ridge.

Erock40
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

Speaking of wives driving the Ridgeline, my wife reminded me one of the main reasons we bought the truck was for driving in the snow and she let me know the second snow was in the forcast so she could take it to work! Well, that's just part of the deal to owning one!! And by the way, we never got that snowfall they called for but she is driving herself happy with the Truck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode