2014 Honda Ridgeline - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2013
Color: Other
2014 Honda Ridgeline

Does anyone have any info on a redesign for the RL. I have read some posts but they seem like they have not been updated for a while. I am sitting on a deal to pull the trigger on a 2013 sport for 26,394 but the hopes that an updated 2014 is around the corner is keeping me from doing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 06:18 AM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model: RTL
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
Re: 2014 Honda Ridgeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter827 View Post
Does anyone have any info on a redesign for the RL. I have read some posts but they seem like they have not been updated for a while. I am sitting on a deal to pull the trigger on a 2013 sport for 26,394 but the hopes that an updated 2014 is around the corner is keeping me from doing this.
Apparently Honda is very secretive about the 2014 or even if there will be one.

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model Year: 2012
Color: White/Grey

Some folks are certain there will be a 2014. I hopeful, but not convinced yet...

Catastrophic fail today

Robert

2012 RTL/Navi
USA SPEC PA15-Hon2 iPod Adapter
Rear Splash Guards
Hertz D16 Dash Tweeters (used from ROC member)
JBL GT6-6 Speakers (4)
Dynamat added to doors
BedRug (floor and tailgate only)
BakFlip G2 (used from ROC member)
Weathertech Mats (front and rear)
DynoLock tailgate lock installed
Electric Pop&Lock replaced failed DynoLock
Figgs hood prop kit (NIB from ROC member)
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: RT
Model Year: 2006
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

I think there are a few people in your shoes. Trying to figure out when or if there is going to be a new Ridgeline. Plus concerns if there is a new RL will it be as good as the existing RL.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM

Makes you wonder about Honda; on the forum there is a "Dear Honda" thread that says "Honda does read this forum and they do take their customers' satisfaction seriously. If you have suggestions on ways to improve the Ridgeline or if you even want to compliment them on a certain aspect of the design - do it here." I seriously doubt they even frequent this forum. If they did they would know they are losing customers to other brands due to failure to enhance the current generation. They are also loosing sales 0f the 2013 for those waiting on the may or may not be 2014. Just makes no sense to me! Puts me in a situation where I want to trade up today for a 2013, but had rather wait on a 2014 if changed, but screwed if nothing happens with Honda in 2014.

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Year Honda Owner View Post
Makes you wonder about Honda; on the forum there is a "Dear Honda" thread that says "Honda does read this forum and they do take their customers' satisfaction seriously. If you have suggestions on ways to improve the Ridgeline or if you even want to compliment them on a certain aspect of the design - do it here." I seriously doubt they even frequent this forum. If they did they would know they are losing customers to other brands due to failure to enhance the current generation. They are also loosing sales 0f the 2013 for those waiting on the may or may not be 2014. Just makes no sense to me! Puts me in a situation where I want to trade up today for a 2013, but had rather wait on a 2014 if changed, but screwed if nothing happens with Honda in 2014.
So would or will you buy a "13" if/when Honda doesn't manufacture a 2014? I'm kind of in the same boat as you. It's about time for a new one but............................

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feetdry View Post
So would or will you buy a "13" if/when Honda doesn't manufacture a 2014? I'm kind of in the same boat as you. It's about time for a new one but............................
No doubt about it, my warranty will be out in a month. I have an immaculate 2008 RTL with under 30K miles that will trade good now. Normally would have traded a couple of years ago, just waiting.

25 Year Honda Owner
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Model Year: 2012
Color: White/Grey

I prefer to avoid a first year or two of a all new vehicle/powertrain/engine design, so I decided to get a 2012 RL since it fits my needs.

If the Ridgeline is discontinued, I'm good.
If there is a 2014 Ridgeline and I don't like it, I'm good.
If there is a 2014/2015 Ridgeline, and I like it more, then I'll trade in two years.

Robert

2012 RTL/Navi
USA SPEC PA15-Hon2 iPod Adapter
Rear Splash Guards
Hertz D16 Dash Tweeters (used from ROC member)
JBL GT6-6 Speakers (4)
Dynamat added to doors
BedRug (floor and tailgate only)
BakFlip G2 (used from ROC member)
Weathertech Mats (front and rear)
DynoLock tailgate lock installed
Electric Pop&Lock replaced failed DynoLock
Figgs hood prop kit (NIB from ROC member)
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbob View Post
I prefer to avoid a first year or two of a all new vehicle/powertrain/engine design, so I decided to get a 2012 RL since it fits my needs.

If the Ridgeline is discontinued, I'm good.
If there is a 2014 Ridgeline and I don't like it, I'm good.
If there is a 2014/2015 Ridgeline, and I like it more, then I'll trade in two years.
Sounds like a plan.

25 Year Honda Owner
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

You've got a plan and your quote is right on!
Someone above suggested some feedback for Honda so here goes even though it's rehash.
Dear Honda,
Thank you for re imagining the pickup and creating a useful, flexible, honey of a multipurpose vehicle. I like the smoothness, driveline design, trunk, right sized bed, no hump floors, two way tailgate, towing capacity, overall size is just right, most excellent traction control and reliability. I have 118K miles on my 2006 with no mentionable problems. I'm not fond of the styling, it's a little lacking on torque for towing, but gets the job done and the timing belt maintenance is overly expensive. A bump in MPG would also be nice.
My current dream, adjusted by many hints of what is and isn't going to happen for 2014 would be: A little more crispy styling, more lumbar support on the seats, the 3.5 direct injection engine, the ZF 9HP transmission, and rear view camera. Don't mess up the good stuff mentioned above. That's all, simple huh! Thanks again Honda,
Trying to be patient,
FrankC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > First Generation (2006-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode