post #11361 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2008
Color: White / Beige
Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
B43, we are glad to have you here to keep us on the straight and narrow path of absolute knowledge.
In his defense I'm pretty sure that not a single person bitching about it on this board has read the bill.

mevers

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." George S. Patton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11362 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2013
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevers View Post
In his defense I'm pretty sure that not a single person bitching about it on this board has read the bill.
I seriously doubt that anyone has read the bill, liberal or conservative. I am sure that no one in congress has ever read it or intends to read it!!!

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #11363 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2007
Color: White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevers View Post
Not a bet that I'd take. I suspect that there are others here who tried to read it. I had to give up after about 100 pages of painfully trudging through what was mostly gibberish, mixed with obtuse references to other laws and regulations. However, I've also never read a single book by Danielle Steele or Barbara Cartland, but I'm pretty sure I'd never want to spend the rest of my life with any of their characters.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
post #11364 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
You guys are hilarious!

1) They've had months/years to prepare for this decision, and
2) they aren't opting out of Obamacare,
3) although if you'd like to opt out, apparently you can try your luck here...http://patientoptout.com/ Good luck!

If ignorance is bliss, you guys must be really happy!
OK...enlighten us with your vast wisdom there B43. Do you have reasons/facts/data to back up your jibberish...or is it just that...jibberish?

Did you even read the article I posted? Did you even bother to take your head outta your a$$ for even that long? Oh wait, it's obvious you have not, will not, and will never EVER pull your head outta your a$$...never mind.

I guess that is why as many as 36 states are looking at opting out...and/or...not setting up the state run healthcare exchanges. That's why teams of lawyers are recommending that states do not set up the exchanges. Too bad they don't have somebody like you on their staffs to guide them in the right direction...sure would save them a lot of money on legal staff, that's for sure...!!!!

Try looking up the term "state nullification". For an example look up Real ID Act.

There's another lesson for you, B. Class is adjourned.

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #11365 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

No one who is not in the health care business has read the Patient Protection Act (Obamacare). It is too long and too complicated. I'm sure some lawyers and health insurance officials, along with hospital administrators and doctors have taken it apart bit by bit as to what is important to them but for most of us it is just a bunch of complex rules and strategies. However, someone has done a fairly good job (assuming it is accurate) of putting it all in capsul form, sort of a synopsis of the highlights, timetables and significant provisions that will impact most of us. If you have a few minutes, you can probably glean as much sense about this bill from the link below as you will anywhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act
post #11366 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
No one who is not in the health care business has read the Patient Protection Act (Obamacare). It is too long and too complicated. I'm sure some lawyers and health insurance officials, along with hospital administrators and doctors have taken it apart bit by bit as to what is important to them but for most of us it is just a bunch of complex rules and strategies. However, someone has done a fairly good job (assuming it is accurate) of putting it all in capsul form, sort of a synopsis of the highlights, timetables and significant provisions that will impact most of us. If you have a few minutes, you can probably glean as much sense about this bill from the link below as you will anywhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act
The thing about Obamacare is that it is one of the worst written bills/laws ever put on the books. It's impossible to read. I know, I tried. If you try to read it, you would need a couple boxes of page markers, as different parts of the bill refer back and forth of different parts of the bill and other legislation, and it is impossible to follow. Plus, you have a rule or regulation stated in one part of the bill but then, a couple hundred pages further into the document, you have another rule/regulation that recinds or supercedes the previous one.

Plus, there are boards, committees, controling bodies that need to be set up, and the adminsitration of that will be a nightmare...not to mention nobody knows how they will act or what other rules/regulations will come out of those ruling bodies.

That's part of the reason business are so scared of this legislation, because they don't know what is going to happen. Part of business planning is trying to predict the future...with Obamare, there is too much uncertainty, and that is what is driving so much money to the sidelines right now. Even the "experts" on Obamacare can't tell you what is going to happen in the next year or so.

It's a complete POS and needs to be, at the very least, rewritten.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 11-20-2012 at 09:21 AM.
post #11367 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2013
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Take a few minutes and watch/listen to this Canadian's explanation about what happened to our econony and where it is leading us!!

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #11368 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

back to Denny's (lol)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...nny_s_ceo.html

Quote:
I did a column on chain restaurant owners' absurd whining about Obamacare with special attention to John Metz who owns a bunch of Denny's franchises. Metz said he was going to start placing a special Obamacare surcharge on customers' checks, and advised people that if they didn't like it they could just tip their servers less. Today the news comes that he got a stern talking-to from the Denny's CEO and is backing down on the plan.

Good for the CEO. But, again, this is just good business sense. As I wrote in the column, evidence from San Francisco suggests we should be very suspicious of firms pleading poverty as they charge surcharges. The city adopted pioneering universal health care legislation that, like Obamacare, imposed higher costs on some classes of employers. Many of them responded with special health care surcharges. Upon investigation, much of this surcharge money just ended up in the pockets of business owners, as with any other price increase.

Businesses, obviously, are free to raise prices if they think that's the best strategy. And if they think the best way to market a 5 percent price increase is to call it an "Obamacare surcharge" then why not? But my strong suspicion is that the CEO is right about this and that's actually a terrible way to market a 5 percent price increase. The basic business proposition at any restaurant is the idea that we're giving you a dining experience that's more valuable to you than the money we're asking for. It's a good deal, come eat our tasty food. Whining about the fact that your servers now have health insurance is neither here nor there in terms of the value proposition on offer, and is only going to serve to alienate people by making you look like an *******.
post #11369 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manida View Post
So, what is your point? Still trying to figure that one out. Are you trying to villify a business owner, because he has to raise prices to cover the cost of a federal mandate? Do you think because the gov't is forcing increase cost of doing business, they should eat those expenses at the cost of his business?

If so, that's typical lefty BS. The same line we have been hearing from the current administration..."you didn't build this"...that somehow the federal gov't is more important than private individuals or private businesses. Somehow they think that the gov't can survive without private industry and it is the gov't that is the engine of this economy. Let me let you in on a little secret...without private businesses, there is no gov't. Got it?

Right now the BO administration is trying to avoid the fiscal cliff by raising taxes on anybody who makes over $200k a year. That will include over a million small business owners. The kind of businesses that employ over %75 of the working population of this country. With the full implementaiton of Obamacare, increased taxes, several things are going to happen:

First, you are going have employment costs increase. That means businesses, large and small laike, are not going to expand the number of employees on their payroll; and will probably end up laying people off. There are exemptions in Obamacare for companies with 50 employees or less. If a company has say 55-60 employees and their choice is to lay people off or have to put up the administrative nightmare that is Obamacare...what do you think they are gong to do?

Second, you are going to have increases in taxes, which will adversely affect business bottom lines. They have a couple choices: They can eat the increased cost, lay employees off, or raise the prices of their goods and services. I can already tell you that most businesses will refuse to eat the increase cost of federal mandates. So, chances are they will raise prices and/or lay employees off. Either way, it is probably going to drive up the price of...well, everything. With average incomes declining...this is not good news to anybody trying to save for their retirement, pay their bills, etc.

Bottom line, with businesses being hit by the perfect storm...increased taxes, more gov't regulation, and Obamacare, the price of everything is going to go up and business investment will be going down...significantly. Look for increased unemployment, inflation, anemic growth, and stagnant investment. In other words...the Obama-nation.

What, did you lefties think Obamacare was gonna be "free"...like your Obama-phone?!?

post #11370 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Im curious how many bumper stickers you have on your Ridgeline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode