B43
Banned

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver Metallic
Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepuydt View Post
OK...enlighten us with your vast wisdom there B43. Do you have reasons/facts/data to back up your jibberish...or is it just that...jibberish?

Did you even read the article I posted? ....
1) You couldn't afford my enlightenment

2) I will post exactly as many facts and data as you (0) <----That's you! (LOL, looks exactly like you, too.)

3) The "article" you posted was an "opinion" piece in a rightwing rag and in your own words...
Quote:
I just get a little fatigued when left-leaning folks, like yourself, post things to support your viewpoint, when it is obvious it is basically the rantings of a lefty/progressive/liberal. All you are doing is finding somebody with your same opinion and posting the same tripe. You should save yourself some effort and not post the links...because you are just basically repeating yourself....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
1) You couldn't afford my enlightenment
Reading things out of the latest union handbook is not enlightenment...it's regurgitating lefty rhetoric. Probably pretty cheap too...as they give those things away.

Seriously, back up the statements you made above...or at least attempt to. I mean, obviously, you think you are the smartest guy in the room. If you are so GD smart, explain to us how you have come to the place you are. I would like to see how you come up with your conclusions. I think it would be kinda interesting...like watching an ant struggle with a dead fly.

Quote:
2) I will post exactly as many facts and data as you (0) <----That's you! (LOL, looks exactly like you, too.)
Translation: I have nothing to back up my lefty rants.

Quote:
3) The "article" you posted was an "opinion" piece in a rightwing rag and in your own words...
The Wisconsin State Journal "a rightwing rag"?!?!? Haha...man you have posted your share of inane things on this thread, but definitely takes the cake. Calling the WSJ a rightwing rag is like calling Nancy Pelosi a rightwing hack.

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #11373 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
B43
Banned

Apparently, things in California are so darn bad, as Romney used to say during his fake campaign, and taxes are so darn high there, and the annoying liberals are bankrupting the state so much, that Romney himself (with his wife) is allegedly moving there on a full-time basis. I'm sure California welcomes another high tax bracket resident to sweep the beaches with his metal detector (a la Richard Nixon). But from what I understand, Romney's not all that welcome in his own community. Oh well, I'm sure he can find plenty of places to hide in his $12 million mansion in La Jolla.

He looks a little worse for wear, pictured here filling his own gas tank. (Oh, the horror!)
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...-election.html

http://observer.com/2012/06/everybod...r-mitt-romney/

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19872304/t...-la-jolla-home
post #11374 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Apparently, things in California are so darn bad, as Romney used to say during his fake campaign, and taxes are so darn high there, and the annoying liberals are bankrupting the state so much, that Romney himself (with his wife) is allegedly moving there on a full-time basis. I'm sure California welcomes another high tax bracket resident to sweep the beaches with his metal detector (a la Richard Nixon). But from what I understand, Romney's not all that welcome in his own community. Oh well, I'm sure he can find plenty of places to hide in his $12 million mansion in La Jolla.

He looks a little worse for wear, pictured here filling his own gas tank. (Oh, the horror!)
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...-election.html

http://observer.com/2012/06/everybod...r-mitt-romney/

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19872304/t...-la-jolla-home
WTH does that have to do with the inane comments you made above? Try staying on topic for more than 12 seconds. You have the attention span of a 5 year old.

(I applogize to any 5 year olds I may have offended with the above comment).

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #11375 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
B43
Banned

Quote:
Reading things out of the latest union handbook is not enlightenment...it's regurgitating lefty rhetoric.
I've never been in a union and, unlike you, my employer doesn't have a PAC and doesn't pass out political memorandum telling me how to vote, or how to think. And before you make more of an "assumption" out of yourself, I also don't read sites such as the Huffington Post or MSNBC or whatever lefty rhetoric with which you are desperate to associate me.

Quote:
The Wisconsin State Journal "a rightwing rag"?!?!? Haha...man you have posted your share of inane things on this thread, but definitely takes the cake. Calling the WSJ a rightwing rag is like calling Nancy Pelosi a rightwing hack.
You don't even know your own source? It was the WSJ as in Wall Street Journal owned by the infamous Murdoch New's Corp. And it was clearly from that rightwing rags OPINION page, written as an OPINION piece filled with hypotheticals by a fellow of the Conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute.

Here's the link you posted, in case you want to do a Discount DoubleCheck of your own sources...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...s_opinion_main
post #11376 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

there are obviously "news" sources that back Obama/Repubs/lefts/rights..... State your opinion of what is a central source, one that does not lean one way or the other on average.

To not have one or more of these, quoting slanted sources is just silly.

-Keith
Was: 2006 Ridgeline RTS, 2008 Ridgeline RTS
Now: 2015 Ford Mustang GT V8, 2004 Nissan Murano
post #11377 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: RT
Model Year: 2009
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Year Honda Owner View Post
Take a few minutes and watch/listen to this Canadian's explanation about what happened to our econony and where it is leading us!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWkUa...source=message
Very nice. Why can't the rest of this thread be more like that?

Complete;
Sony XAV601BT, Polk DB coaxial/sail tweets, Dynamat, V-LED Ext./Int./Dash, GE NightHawk Platinum, Plastidiped Steels/Grill, Duralast Platinum AGM, OEM Tow Harness/Rear Mud Guards, Weathertech F&R Mats/Visors/Bug Shield.
post #11378 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2013
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpevehouse View Post
Very nice. Why can't the rest of this thread be more like that?
I think most of us were aware of the cause and effects along with where it is leading us. This guy lays it out very well. Shame we have to have a Canadian spell it out for us!!!

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #11379 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I've never been in a union and, unlike you, my employer doesn't have a PAC and doesn't pass out political memorandum telling me how to vote, or how to think. And before you make more of an "assumption" out of yourself, I also don't read sites such as the Huffington Post or MSNBC or whatever lefty rhetoric with which you are desperate to associate me.
So, tell me where you get your left leaning information from then. You are obviously not bright enough to come up with your own opinion...so, where do you get your information from...if you claim not to associate yourself with lefty spewing so-called "news sources"?

Quote:
You don't even know your own source? It was the WSJ as in Wall Street Journal owned by the infamous Murdoch New's Corp. And it was clearly from that rightwing rags OPINION page, written as an OPINION piece filled with hypotheticals by a fellow of the Conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute.

Here's the link you posted, in case you want to do a Discount DoubleCheck of your own sources...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...s_opinion_main
Ooops, my bad...I was going between reading the WSJ and the WSJ and got them mixed up.

So, tell me how what is stated in that opinion piece is wrong? It's not wrong just because you disagree with it. It would be wrong if the facts were wrong. I don't see any facts that are misquoted or skewed in that article. Give me some solid stats that show that piece is wrong.

Oh, so I see...any pro-business publication is a right-wing rag. Gotcha. Just gotta mark that in my list of lefty talking points. Right next to all conservatives hate old people, poor people, minorities, women, and they eat puppies....

With that being said...you continue to avoid my very simple, straight forward, question. How did you come to your opinion you noted above...still have not got a simple answer to my simple question. The New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, The National Enquirer, your mommy...where?

post #11380 of 13342 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model Year: 2007
Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Alabama, lol

Quote:
Derrick Belcher, Man Behind Alabama Secession Petition, Mad About Losing Topless Car Wash

Meet Derrick Belcher, a 45-year-old from Chunchula, Ala. Belcher is a truck driver, knife collector, "absolute Libertarian" and previously owned a topless car wash -- that is, until the government shut down his business, he claims.

According to Alabama.com, Belcher is so upset with the government, he's petitioning for Alabama to secede from the United States.

“I don’t think any one state can stand alone. But if we’ve got 20 of them, then that starts to be something,” Belcher said of the secession movement. “If you look at a map of the red states, we have all of the oil and we produce all of the food. We’re the ones that are carrying the rest of the nation.”

The Alabama native blames the federal government for shutting down his topless car wash, Euro Details, which he claims was successful for a decade in Mobile, according to Alabama.com. In 2001, Belcher was arrested and charged with obscenity. “The government ripped my business away, and now they’re choking America to death with rules and regulations,” he said.

Alabama enacted its anti-obscenity law in 1998, prohibiting private businesses and clubs from allowing breasts, genitalia and buttocks to be shown for entertainment, the Chicago Tribune previously reported. Although legislators claimed the law was instituted to stop nude dancing, "opponents argue the statute is so broad that it could be used to censor any type of entity that shows nudity," the Tribute explained.

Belcher's topless car wash fell under this umbrella.

So, last Friday, he started the Alabama secession petition in hopes that his state will be granted the right to secede from the Union, according to WKRG, a CBS News affiliate. Petitions to secede from the U.S. have been filed in all 50 states.

“The American people are being mistreated by the federal government and there is absolutley no reason why we shouldn't end this treatment from the federal government,” Belcher told WKRG. “And I guess there is a part of me that is angry because my government has mistreated me year after year after year and I am fed up with it and I know there are several other people in this state and all across the country that are fed up with it as well.”

As of this writing, the Alabama secession petition had garnered 29,113 signatures on the White House's "We The People" online petition tool. According to the petition, 25,000 signatures are required for the White House to review it.

Last edited by manida; 11-20-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode