post #11511 of 13343 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Re: Vote em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
The disinformation ministers are very adept in these tactics, and they count on the likes of Cdep to disseminate their propaganda hoping no one will notice....
What "propaganda" do I "disseminate"? The fact that our gov't wastes our money? That our representatives are not representing us? That more taxation will drag down an already sluggish economy? That the continuation of massive spending on unending entitlement programs is unsustainable? The continuation of unresponsible spending and printing money like there is no tomorrow is...well, unresponsible...and eventually this whole house of cards will come tumbling down? What part of that is "propaganda"?

The only thing I am trying to disseminate is the truth and the facts. If you can't see that, your loss. As the old saying goes...You can lead a horse to water...

My whole stance on taxes is...the more money you take away from the people of this country, the less they spend/save/invest. Economics 101. Pretty simple.

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.

Last edited by cdepuydt; 11-30-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11512 of 13343 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by B43 View Post
They love to do this when talking about the climate, too.
Are you talking about the folks who "cooked the books" to make their research show that climate change/global warming/global cooling/or whatever the buzz word is this week...was really happening...?...so, you know, those research grants/dollars would keep rolling in? You mean, those folks.

Yeah, why would we ever want to challenge those intellectual types...I mean, they're always soooooooooooo freaking honest...!!!!! Give me a break.

Oh, and you want to talk climate change...I agree, we've had climate change on this planet for the last...oh what is it now...4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). You know, ever since there has been a climate.

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #11513 of 13343 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 PM
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2007
Color: White / Beige

Nice sense of humor there Manida (for your graph here and 239 beans on the Jokes thread)! Who knew?

All of this back and forth between the Ds and Rs is fine for verbal discourse and mental exercise, but the truth of the matter is that neither party has a clue about how to solve this mess that they've jointly created or any intention of paying more than lip service to actually reducing spending, balancing the budget or doing anything about the federal debt other than increasing it.

It's a sad and tragic truth and unfortunately for our children and grandchildren (and those of you here who are under 40) the future does not look very rosy as the combination of out of control spending, unsustainable debt and runaway entitlements has got to come home to roost at some point. Like others here have said, there are no easy solutions, particularly when our elected officials aren't even really trying and would rather keep on kicking that troublesome can down the road.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
post #11514 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 AM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2013
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Can't wait until spring when the POTUS will spend more time on the links that screwing up the government.
Attached Images

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #11515 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 AM
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 Year Honda Owner View Post
Can't wait until spring when the POTUS will spend more time on the links that screwing up the government.
Not to worry, he's got Air Force One and can head to Hawaii, Florida, the Caribbean, Cabo, Australia/New Zealand, etc. anytime he feels like it!

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles!
post #11516 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:41 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Color: Other

Every time I see john boehner on tv he looks and talks like he is drunk, not hard to tell he cares more about getting his way and he's just faking and buying time, willing to punish everybody if republicans don't get their way.
post #11517 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Model Year: 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserguy View Post
Every time I see john boehner on tv he looks and talks like he is drunk, not hard to tell he cares more about getting his way and he's just faking and buying time, willing to punish everybody if republicans don't get their way.
I am surprised he was not replaced. Apparently seniority rules!!

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #11518 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Model Year: 2010

The longer things stay around, the less chance they will ever get moved. (Sounds like my garage).

Honda North, ClovisCA Sales 4 Service 3.5 (out of 5)
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
post #11519 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model Year: 2009
Color: Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY PAT View Post
At this point I believe we'll end up with a slightly left of center compromise for both the debt ceiling and fiscal cliff. The GOP could have crafted a right of center solution and pushed it trough this past spring but they got greedy. In any case, the world isn't going to end, the sun is going to come up for the next four years and the country will be just fine. I've had my share of disappointments after Election Day the last 25 years yet here I am still making a decent living and living my life. I've got enough respect for the Office if the President that you'll never hear me bashing the inhabitant to my kids or anyone else. The fact is President Obama won handily, an electoral landslide. He's my guy for another four years. I do hope the GOP retools for 2016 and bring forth an approach I can get behind again.
Yep, thats the way the system works.
post #11520 of 13343 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinhonda View Post
The longer things stay around, the less chance they will ever get moved. (Sounds like my garage).
Well said!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode