Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2017 Ridgeline to go on sale Memorial Day

8K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  JJ13 
#1 ·
I heard on the Car Pro Show today from a "connected" person on the show that the 2017 Ridgeline will go on sale on Memorial Day. I don't know if he literally meant Memorial Day or just Memorial Day weekend.

Reactions: ernieD
#6 ·
I want to get back to a mid size truck. The key is want and not a need. I really liked my 06 Tacoma. Not that impressed with the 3g 2016 Tacoma. It has some issues to be worked out and the lack of seating comfort.

I know a couple of friends that have the 1G RL. I like the way they ride and drive.

If Honda dealers don't go crazy on prices, I will definitely consider the new RL. I have looked at the new Pilots and the interior, imo, is much nicer that Toyota.

If prices are crazy, I will just wait till the newness of the 2G has run its course.

#7 ·
:act002:
yeah...which is about 5 weeks away and they have not released any specs or price yet...?
I find that hard to believe. What are they waiting for? If they are planning on releasing it memorial day, get the info out NOW. It is really a stupid move on Honda's part.

#14 ·
CCD

My thought exactly. Have never paid a mark up. Never paid full msrp. If Honda does what Toyota dealers did at the beginning of the 3G Tacoma sells of not budging from msrp, I won't buy for awhile. Will still go in and look and hopefully test drive a RL,

Would like a new truck (midsize). Don't need a new truck.

#15 ·
CCD
My thought exactly. Have never paid a mark up. Never paid full msrp.
Was led to believe- any dealers out there?- that dealerships get to order progressively more units based on previous units sold... that would seem to mitigate the desire to mark up in some locales. Sell em fast, get more kind of thing.

I have bought three brand new models cars in last 20 years within first 3 months and paid normal invoice-range prices for them, but am certainly willing to concede my market may not represent the norm.

Economic indicators still point to the maxim--- you are limited by the number of customers, not your inventory. So you earn customers, not sell units.

P.S. where we live, there are no more representative Sheeple than Toyota customers... they deserve what they get, full price.

#19 ·
Well, paying sticker is one thing, paying added markup quite another. I MIGHT pay sticker if it looked like it would be a long time to get one otherwise but no way would I pay above that. So far I have owned 9 new vehicles over the years and have never paid even sticker and do not expect that to change.

Really all about supply and demand and that is yet to be determined.

Good to see at least trim levels have shown up on the forum. I still would bet on specs and actual early days availability around EOM.

#20 ·
An Alabama newspaper website, AL.com, for the last few days has been publishing articles on production of the new Ridgeline at Honda's Lincoln, Alabama plant. Here is a link to the latest article which has 27 photos of the black edition of the Ridgeline:

First look at Alabama made 2017 Honda Ridgeline truck | AL.com

Sorry, couldn't get the link to post properly. You will have to cut and paste into your web browser.

#22 ·
Yea and being a screen that you need to look at it will be difficult in places as dusty as the desert southwest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.