Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2017 Feature Trim Walk

19K views 76 replies 41 participants last post by  fargin 
#1 ·
Talked with my dealer last Thursday. He said he was allowed to order one Ridgeline for June delivery. It will be a white RTL-T.

Attached is a chart he provided me with the range of models and their features. There are some confusing (to me) features beginning with the RT version. I'm really angry that to get the sunroof I will have to get the navigation.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
i'd be leaning toward rtl-e... but no lane watch if you get blind spot monitoring?

i guess there's only i place for cameras, they can only look down or behind

#11 · (Edited)
I'm also interested in the RTL-E. It's possible that you get Lane Watch separately. Look at the RTL-T. Still, you are probably right. If had to choose between the two, I'd much prefer the blind spot indicator, mostly because lane-watch functionality can be annoying at times.

This document really only covers the creature features. Some of the mechanical choices aren't listed, like AWD.

Honda has referred to HSS in talking about the addition in recent years of High-Strength Steel to stiffen the chassis of various Honda models. But that can't be what they are referring to here.

Thanks to OP for posting this.

#5 ·
The trim changes on the Sport (chrome grille bar, gloss black grille U-frame, black lower front bumper, gloss black window trim) intrigue me. I'll be interested in seeing what those look like and what exterior/interior color combinations will be available. I like black grilles and trim but don't care for black exterior/interior, which may be the only option in the Sport model.

#7 ·
With the exception of the "Sport" version, do you guys read these features as being cumulative as you move up the trim levels?

In other words, would all the features of the previous model carry up/over to the next higher model (except where they get replaced by something better)?

Next question: If I read this correctly, the "Sport" model seems to be primarily an exterior appearance package?

#10 ·
,,,would all the features of the previous model carry up/over to the next higher model (except where they get replaced by something better)?...the "Sport" model seems to be primarily an exterior appearance package
That's how I read it, but the diagram doesn't address every detail, like what might be available as optional equipment on some models (e.g., sensing package). It's also not entirely clear which trims will have the rear sliding window.

#8 · (Edited)
By Bozko: Does anyone know what "E911" is in the RTL-T? How about "HSS" in the RTL-E?

1.The E911 system is an emergency-calling system that provides emergency responders with the location of the emergency without the person calling for help having to provide it.

2.Upon receiving address update information from the E911 address database 22, the HSS/HLR 26 checks whether the record for a given subscriber has a flag indicating that the subscriber's IP address has been changed. If the flag is detected, the HSS/HLR 26 sends a confirmation notice to the IP address detector 30 to confirm that the IP address for a given subscriber in the IP address and database should be replaced with the detected new IP address.

#14 ·
Yep kind of confusing as to what some features can be had in some models. So the way it says rear temp control for one model RTS and the other RT says 2nd row HVAC. This seems wrong in the way you would read it. It should say Tri- Zone Climate control somewhere but not on that sheet. But the question is can some of the lower trim models be had with that feature of 2nd row HVAC. This is what I was referring to in some of my post with Ridgeline at the Detroit Auto not being complete with the rear climate control. It seemed as the models pictured either had rear Heat/ Air Condition climate control or did not have it. This is a great comfort feature if passengers are riding in back that want to control their heat or A/C.
They don't need to rely on driver to turn it up or down.
Looking at 2016 Pilot brochure Tri-zone climate control is added on EX & EX- L models not on base LX.

#13 ·
Next year, Honda will add another trim level called "RT-Classic":

- Delete seat-mounted armrests, add console armrest.
- Add large knobs for most-used infotainment controls.
- Add enhanced-clearance suspension (=Gen1).
- Front grille reminiscent of Gen1.
- Tires same size as shown on display models.
- Delete inbed audio.
:grin:

#15 · (Edited)
Its almost like Honda is forcing buyers into the higher-end trims. They know what features they want and they only makes them available on the upper trims. I'll bet they don't even make many RT, Sport and RTS models. I'm sure most of what they even build are RTL-T, RTL-E, and Black Editions. There making this just for the big boys with deep pockets. You almost never see a Pilot LX and even the EX are pretty rare. Our dealer only has EX-L and above.

#16 ·
I assumed the realtive size of the red circle representing each trim level on the diagram was indicative of the anticpated production volume for that trim level.

#19 ·
If they could retro fit my Gen 1 with all of that tech I'd be one happy camper. They can keep the lane watch but I'd LOVE to have the blind spot monitoring. Unfortunately they're wrapping this technological nectar in one of the most offensive "truck" bodies since Titan 1.

#64 ·
HSS = "High Beam Support System" = "automatic high-beam headlights"

Cadillac and Oldsmobile had this in 1952. It was called "Autronic Eye" and used a dash-mounted phototube to dim the headlights in the presence of oncoming traffic". This feature has been used on and off in various brands for decades.

#24 ·
I still maintain that properly adjusted side mirrors eliminate the need for any magical/expensive BSM systems.

And yet every vehicle I get into, (rental, loaner, etc.) the side mirrors are adjusted improperly creating blind spots.

#29 ·
I still maintain that properly adjusted side mirrors eliminate the need for any magical/expensive BSM systems.

And yet every vehicle I get into, (rental, loaner, etc.) the side mirrors are adjusted improperly creating blind spots.
I learned the proper mirror adjustment years ago. It's amazing how much of the blind spot is eliminated when done right.

What I find is that people have a hard time breaking the habit of seeing the side of their car in the mirror. For some reason they feel less secure if their own car is not in view.

#25 ·
I just noticed a discrepency between the "walk-through" document and the Honda website. At Honda's website, in the photo gallery for the new Ridgeline, there are two photos labelled "RLT-E with available accessories..."

I have to assume that's a typo on the website and they meant "RTL-E" as the walk-through document indicates. If not, these trim levels are even more confusing!

#27 ·
Obviously I can only speculate just like everyone else here, but I think the RL will closely follow the Pilot's package model. I know our Pilot EX-L has SiriusXM. I'm not positive, but I think the Pilot EX has SiriusXM, too. If the Ridgeline follows that same package model, we'll see SiriusXM on the RTS model and above. Satellite radio just isn't special enough to only be offered on the super high dollar packages.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
Correct looking at Pilot brochure EX & EX L adds SiriusXM Radio that basic LX model does not get.

#32 ·
So whats the deal with the +30hp? This is the first I've heard anything about different HP ratings by model. Does that mean there is an optional package that adds 30hp to the already 280ish hp or does it mean the base model get a detuned 250ish hp and upper models get 280 hp? 310hp with a 10 speed in the works sounds very very nice.

#38 ·
The blindspot monitoring is on the 16 Pilot's top "Elite" trim and actually replaces the lanewatch feature completely (which is lame).
I couldn't agree more. Although there is some overlapping functionality, each system has unique capabilities and both should co-exist. In fact, there should be an option to allow the blind spot monitor to activate the Lane Watch camera.

#36 ·
I've never driven a Honda with Lanewatch before, so I hope you can enlighten me. Does it come on EVERY TIME there is someone on your right side blindspot? Wouldn't that annoyingly interfere with lets say the navigation if you needed that information at the same time lane watch comes on the screen?

#37 ·
When you turn on your right turn signal or press the button at the end of the turn signal lever, an image from a right-rear facing camera located at the bottom of the passenger side mirror displays on a screen. The screen returns to normal either immediately or following a 2-second delay after the turn signal cancels depending on your settings. Pressing the button at the end of the turn signal lever turns on or off the Lane Watch image. You can keep it on all the time if you want or you can disable it completely. It does not come on automatically - only manually or with the right turn signal, if desired. I find it very useful and would prefer it on all my vehicles going forward.

#40 ·
I LOVE the Lane Watch camera in my CR-V. I first saw one in action on my brother's 2015 Civic then his 2016 Civic and passed it off as a novelty at the time. Now that I have it, I can't imagine being without it. I would NOT want to give up Lane Watch for the Blind Spot Information System.

I like being able to see if there's anyone to my right before moving over into the right lane without having to turn my head and take my eyes off the road ahead.

I also like to turn it on manually just to keep an eye on what's going on beside me when I'm on a multi-lane highway.

It also makes a decent parking aid.

#41 · (Edited)
The only thing I really care about on the trim walk---is that the black interior is available on more than one color in one trim line as it is now. It would be great to see black inside the obsidian blue, dark cherry pearl and the white pearl.

Reactions: JJ13
#42 ·
The only thing I really care about on the trim walk---is that the black interior is available on more than one color in one trim line as it is now. It would be great to see black on the obsidian blue, dark cherry pearl and the white pearl.
I agree. Black on black is my favorite, but my second favorite is the "tuxedo" look of a metallic white with black interior. I love it on my CR-V. Grays and silvers are too boring to me while colors are too..."unique", "colorful", and "specific".

Reactions: Map
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.