Votes: 8 6.8%
  • RTS

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • RT

Votes: 3 2.6%

Which model will you likely purchase?

9K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 ·
For me (if I get one), it would have to be the RTL-E. Not that I want some of the bells and whistles at that trim level - but to get some of the safety and convenience features I want.

#3 ·
RTL-T for me.

- Leather Heated seats
- Has the extra sound deadening (everything but the extra floor layer which only Elite and above has)
- Lane Keep is always nice for trips (don't need the extra sensing tech, i can sense my own business)
- Better stock sound system (225 watt instead of the lower trims 200 watt)

Wish it had the electric rear window, but meh.. not a big deal to me.

Reactions: Border411
#5 ·
It will be between the RTL-E and F-150 Lariat. Both seem to be priced in same range and Ford is the #1 selling pickup. Waiting to see G2 Ridgeline in person before I pull the trigger. Can't believe Honda added this many trim levels and pushed the moonroof and leather so far up the price scale. Until then, I keep driving my G1 2006 model as my daily driver (154K miles and running strong).

#6 ·
Although I would like the power rear window and more powerful audio, mine is going to have to be a RTL-T unless I can get a -E for under 40k out the door with my trade. Which won't be much for an 06 Pilot with over 270k on it.

#7 ·
I wish they offered a lesser trim Black Edition. Give me the moonroof and rear sliding window, but I don't need any of the sensing features, Nor the IBA. Price it around the RTL-T and that's a winner for me.

#8 ·
Poll doesn't reflect Canadian/USA models.

I'm going to get the Sport (likely not till the 2018), but with the Canadian trim level which is quite good :)

#9 ·
Which brings to mind, why can't a buyer, go to Canada (other than price) and buy a Canadian RL. Are there any issues bringing it to the US?

#10 ·
I would be pretty happy with the Sport; however, will begrudgingly go with RTL-E to get the safety features, as well as memory seats, for my wife (she likes the moonroof, too).

Actually, I'd prefer RTL-E over the Sport if not for the stupid leather seats. The leather might almost be tolerable if they were ventilated, but apparently that's a Honda sin in the U.S.

Far be it for Honda to be sensible and offer high-quality cloth seats, but then people might start to realize that they are actually better than high-profit leather....

#19 ·
Really? In Canada we get them and it's not even hot here :)

Additional high-end amenities include a standard 4.2-inch colour display, standard heated front seats and available heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and ventilated front seats. All models also come standard with a Class III towing hitch and AWD modes add a 7-pin wiring connector.

#14 ·
Black Edition for me don't want it for the in-bed audio system that's not high on my list. However most of all the other stuff it has I like or will give a try.
The Perforated seats red footwell ambient lighting front grille darken taillights extra sound insulation. This was the truck I had hoped for or at least a version.
I was looking at Acura MDX but don't need the seating and the bed is more useable for me. Remember I fell in love with the 2007 Black Ridgeline Street Sport Concept that was at SEMA & Gary Flint (Ridgeline Daddy) and gang had it for us in St Louis at 2007 St Louis Ridgeline Meet. Back then this was probably more suited for Acura line-up. But now some traces of that truck are in the Black Edition.

#16 ·
I find it interesting that the poll reflects what the (initial) buying public want: RTL-E. So why is every dealer supplied with a Black Edition when that is NOT what Ridgeline buyers are interested in? Honda Marketing is trying to field a "me too" black bling truck to mimic the Detroit manufacturers and clearly don't know their market!

#17 ·
The dealers I have talked to in my area seem to be focusing more on the RTL-E and RTL-T, as if geographics are playing a part in initial ordering and distribution.

#25 ·
Wonder if the management at the Lincoln plant will see the results from this post. If anywhere near accurate, production should be 50% "E" models. Very surprising to me. Must be the boom box in the bed!!

#29 ·
I wish I could trade leather seats with some of you guys getting cloth that want leather, but I need the power and memory, also. Cloth just works a lot better for me in my climate (very hot and very cold).

I've had several leather interiors and several cloth interiors, and the cloth are always superior.

#32 ·
One sin is that Honda is charging an extra $1,500 just for cosmetic differences between the RTL-E and the Black Edition. However, since the upholstery, wheels, and trim are specific to the Black Edition, I'll let it slide since there is some actual additional cost for those items - however small it may be. The rest reminds me of that $999.99 iPhone app that came out in 2008 that did nothing but display a red jewel and the phrase "I am rich, I deserv [sic] it I am good, healthy & successful" when pressed. Six people bought it.

The other sin is that Honda offers safety only to the wealthy. If the cheapest Civic can offer Honda Sensing, so can every other Honda. Reserve the luxury items for the top trims, but safety should be available to everyone.

#33 ·
It is a shame all RTL-E's are AWD only. That is what pisses me off more so than forcing moonroofs and power rear windows. I want white with that beautiful grey interior, but Honda is only offering beige. Come on Honda! Stupid design choices like this is why I left Ford and Nissan way back. I think I may wait till fall to see if I can order what I want.

#44 ·
I currently own a Accord Sport and I think i will stay with the Sport trim level on the RL; I may upgrade the radio system with an aftermarket system with Android auto/Apple car play if the OEM system is cheesy; the rest is nice to have but not necessary to me. If options were available I would either get moon roof or sliding rear window and the 120V plug in the bed ...
I love the 3 zones auto A/C available across the trims except base model and really don't care for the leather seats (cold in winter and hot in summer)
Less electronics means less potential troubles although Honda is pretty good about it ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.