Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Remote Start not working poperly

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BolivarS 
#1 ·
It starts just fine, but when I get in the vehicle to drive it and follow the instructions “press break peddle and push Start Button” it kills the ignition every time. How do you drive your RL after a remote start, am I missing something or is mine not working.

#2 ·
Mine works fine. Are you pressing and holding the brake pedal down while pushing the start button instead of just tapping the brake pedal? That's the only thing I can think you may be doing.

It's the same scenario as normal start procedure without remote start. The only time mine hasn't worked right is when I get in after remote starting, get side tracked and forget to hold the brake pedal when pushing the start button.

#5 ·
By chance is the theft light on when the vehicle kills the motor? Are you using 1 fob to remote start and then the 2nd when you get in the vehicle? I haven't experienced any issues the couple times I have used the remote start. Just trying to help troubleshoot.

#7 ·
Doesn't sound like you're missing anything. Mine works per the book. You might try turning remote start off then on again but that's a long shot at best. You can find it under Settings-Vehicle-Keyless Access-Remote Start. Please let us know when you find the answer. Good luck!

#8 ·
You might try turning remote start off then on again but that's a long shot at best. You can find it under Settings-Vehicle-Keyless Access-Remote Start.
...assuming the OP has an RTL-T or higher trim with the touch screen. There's no setting to disable the remote start in the RTS, Sport, or RTL. :)

#11 ·
Strange. All I do is press LOCK momentarily then hold START until the light blinks again on the keyfob (about a second). After a delay of a few seconds, the engine starts. When I get in, I press the brake pedal then the START button momentarily and rest of the vehicle powers up while the engine continues to run. I don't hold the START button - the total "press time" is only the amount of time it takes for my finger to depress the button then let go which is about 2/10ths of a second.

Reactions: flyboy76
#13 ·
I would love remote start for hot days. I hate going for a run when it is in the 90s and you are all hot and sweaty and because the car has been in the hot sun it is 110 inside until you get it started and air conditioning kicks in. I would love to stand outside for a few minutes and let it cool off a bit before climbing in. It would be quite the luxury and I wouldn't buy a car just to get it, but if I had it, I would certainly use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.