Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

What's with all the beeping when I exit my truck?

19K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  mertz44 
#1 ·
I have Black Edition Ridgeline and when ever I exit the truck I usually get a single beep, sometime I get a rapid series of beeps, but I honestly have no idea what the truck is trying to tell me. I have my keys in my pocket, lights on auto, engine off, and I haven't stepped away from the truck before it beeps at me.

#2 ·
You have the walk away lock feature set to on correct? Multiple beeps mean the vehicle is not locked, double check to make sure all your doors are fully closed if/when you hear the multiple beeps. I have had that happen to me on several occasions, each time it was due to a door not being fully closed.

#4 ·
I’ve had this happen several times for no reason, no doors were open only one key and it’s in my pocket. The first beep tells you the walk-away door lock is active and your key is still in range and doors are still unlocked, the second beep is conformation that the doors locked and your key is out of range. The multiple beeps are an error warring but I have no idea why mine errors 1 out of every 5-6 times for no reason.

#8 ·
I have found that if I put the fob in my pocket and then put my cell phone the same pocket and the cell phone is between the fob and the truck, the truck won't recognize the key all the time. I have to get really close to the truck to have it recognize the key and even then sometimes it won't. It is like the cell phone is shielding the fob. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing, but thought I would mention it.

#19 ·
I agree with davegct: walking away too quickly, especially behind the truck, will make the rapid beeps happen and then the truck doesn't lock. If you wait for a second near the truck until you hear a single beep, that gets the auto lock ready. Then you can walk away and the second single beep happens and the truck is locked. The rapid beeps stopped happening once I figured this out. It's slightly annoying but it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.