Things you may not have noticed about your G2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Things you may not have noticed about your G2

In the spirit of similar threads for the G1, I figured I would start a similar thread for the G2. Here are two...

1. The RTL-E and Black Edition have a memory driver's seat and side mirrors. If you have the mirror control set to L or R, the corresponding mirror will tilt down in reverse. What surprised me was if you toggle between L and R while still in reverse you can tilt the other mirror - however, the one you switch away from tilts back up. They can't both tilt down at the same time.

2. While sitting in the garage with the ignition on and engine off, I heard a fan running under the hood. At first, I thought it was the radiator/condensor fans, but I had the climate control off. Upon closer inspection, I discovered the battery has a cooling fan mounted on the enclosure.
FTM1, Hot Rod, lbjgh and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:17 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Amazon Green / Olive
Re: Things you may not have noticed about your G2

Great Start Z! This should be a great thread.

Dnick :0
post #3 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:31 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
In the spirit of similar threads for the G1, I figured I would start a similar thread for the G2. Here are two...

1. The RTL-E and Black Edition have a memory driver's seat and side mirrors. If you have the mirror control set to L or R, the corresponding mirror will tilt down in reverse. What surprised me was if you toggle between L and R while still in reverse you can tilt the other mirror - however, the one you switch away from tilts back up. They can't both tilt down at the same time.
Love this idea for a thread! Especially since you answered my question on the very day that I had it. I noticed the mirror today for the first time. I had known that this feature was part of the package but couldn't figure out how to turn it on. The positioning button was left on the left mirror and that mirror started dunking and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. Thanks.

Posted with speech-recognition software. Please forgive dictation errors.

Honda Experience: 1978 Honda Civic CVCC (first new car, gift), 1989 Accord SE-i, 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E

post #4 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 06:59 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Color: Obsidian Blue Pearl
I hope this qualifies:

Being a "capless" fuel tank, you need to use the special funnel located in the in bed trunk spare wheel slot to decant gasoline from a gas can/bottle/container or "portable fuel container" as the manual words it!

Thing is...I just went to look for it I my new RTL-E .... and .....it's not there despite the sticker on the fuel cap and owners manual stating it was supplied and located in the trunk!

Can everyone please check to see if their emergency funnel was supplied and where it is located? I think I can see the cutout of where it was supposed to be in the styrofoam insert of the spare tire.
AnimalRescue likes this.
post #5 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:06 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2 Ridgeling View Post
I hope this qualifies:

Being a "capless" fuel tank, you need to use the special funnel located in the in bed trunk spare wheel slot to decant gasoline from a gas can/bottle/container or "portable fuel container" as the manual words it!

Thing is...I just went to look for it I my new RTL-E .... and .....it's not there despite the sticker on the fuel cap and owners manual stating it was supplied and located in the trunk!

Can everyone please check to see if their emergency funnel was supplied and where it is located? I think I can see the cutout of where it was supposed to be in the styrofoam insert of the spare tire.
Mine is there. I checked it about a week ago. It's wedged into the foam -like tool storage area that is wedged into the center of the spare. Mine was on the left side of that. It's kind of grayish white, as I recall. Maybe you should look again. I don't think it's being offered for sale yet, but I'm certain places like Bernardi Parts will have them in the near future.

Honda Experience: 1978 Honda Civic CVCC (first new car, gift), 1989 Accord SE-i, 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E
post #6 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:07 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Help me envision this..... what is the advantage to the mirror tilt down?
post #7 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:17 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2013
Color: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
I discovered the battery has a cooling fan mounted on the enclosure.
Borrowed from the TLX....cooked batteries from the engine heat are huge warranty claims for V6 models.

Three former G1 RL's, all sold.
Now: 2015 F150 Supercrew 4x4 2.7L Ecoboost
post #8 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:18 PM

Garage

Whoops. Bernardi parts has it now. It's PartNo: 17675-TG7-A01, NOZZLE, EMERGENCY. They sell it for $1.10.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-N...5-TG7-A01.aspx
zroger73 likes this.

Last edited by phineas; 07-13-2016 at 07:25 PM.
post #9 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:32 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Lunar Silver Metalic

On my Silverado I used it to see the edge of my driveway and curbs when backing up. Very useful. Does the G1 do that too? (2009 RTL-Nav)
post #10 of 247 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Amazon Green / Olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2 Ridgeling View Post
I hope this qualifies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineas View Post
Mine is there. I checked it about a week ago. It's wedged into the foam -like tool storage area that is wedged into the center of the spare. Mine was on the left side of that. It's kind of grayish white, as I recall. Maybe you should look again. I don't think it's being offered for sale yet, but I'm certain places like Bernardi Parts will have them in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phineas View Post
Whoops. Bernardi parts has it now. It's PartNo: 17675-TG7-A01, NOZZLE, EMERGENCY. They sell it for $1.10.

17675-TG7-A01 | Honda NOZZLE, EMERGENCY - Bernardi Parts
Don't you dare buy that thing. That's on your dealer, and they should provide it to you without issue. Give them a call.

My guess is this may be part of vehicle prep that got overlooked. But even if it's not, they need to provide it to you gratis if it was never there.
zroger73 and Steve Kay like this.

Dnick :0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode