Anyone see the new Ridgeline in the wild? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Formal Black
Anyone see the new Ridgeline in the wild?

Hey,

I know it's only been out a few weeks, but has anyone seen the new Ridgeline in the wild?

I finally saw one out in Amagansett, NY. Great looking truck. Hoping to add one to our driveway some time in the near future.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 12:59 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Modern Steel Metalic
Re: Anyone see the new Ridgeline in the wild?

Only walking back to mine from the store.
post #3 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 01:01 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: SE
Model Year: 2014
Color: White/Black

Every time I see a G1 RL my heartbeat speeds up a little. I saw two last Thursday and as usual got a little excited about them. Later that day I saw my first G2 out and about and didn't get the same kick. It was a grey metallic one in Dallas PA. I test drove an RTL-E at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved what's on offer, but I think I prefer the G1 body style.
magic99 likes this.

Kenwood DNX893S HU & CMOS camera, Headrest DVD's, JBL GT7-6 speakers, JBL GT018 tweeters, Boss 200CE Sub Amp, Romik Side Steps, AVS Moon-Roof, Hood & Window Visors, DIY Tailgate Lock, Peragon Bed Cover, Fig's Hood Props, SSDudes Cubby & License Plate Covers, Muth Signal Side-View Mirrors. Dynamat in doors + rear wall. Sportwing body side moldings with Black painted Emblems. Engine Block Heater. 30" Led Light bar in Front Bumper.

post #4 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl
Garage

I get the same kick from both of them. I have only to walk out to my garage to see the G2, so in some senses I'm paying more attention to G1s. I've still never been inside one or driven one. To me they're like unicorns. There aren't all that many of them around my area. If Honda had just kept making that body style, I would've wound up buying one. Now I probably never will. It feels like a missed opportunity.

Posted with speech-recognition software. Please forgive dictation errors.

Honda Experience: 1978 Honda Civic CVCC (first new car, gift), 1989 Accord SE-i, 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E
post #5 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 01:10 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: BLACK
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Garage

I've seen quite a few Maryland posters on the board, but I have yet to see another G2 on the road. However, I get a lot of looks from the abundant G1 owners in the area.

2009 Mocha Metallic RTL (sold)
2017 Black Edition
post #6 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 01:20 PM

Color: White Diamond Pearl

I've seen one other G2 on the road in the month I've owned mine. I do notice all the G1's out there now, however, and have seen several of them. Just the other day a G1 followed me all the way to the grocery store, then drove around my truck in circles (I parked it out a ways) as I walked into the store. When I came out, he was just getting into his G1 and drove off, so I believe he was checking the G2 out carefully. Found a nice hand print on the driver's window where he was looking inside.
post #7 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 02:44 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Modern Steel Metalic

I've only seen 3 not on a dealer lot since getting mine. Two were red without a sunroof or AWD badge and one was a silver E towing a cargo trailer.
post #8 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 04:00 PM
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club

Location: Washington,DC Pax River Naval Air Station Area Southern Maryland
Model: RTL
Model Year: 2007
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

I have not seen one in the wild yet only the 3 at my Honda Dealership RTL/RTL-E/Black Edition I am just waiting to see my first in the DC metro area.
However notice yesterday I saw 4 newer Pilot's in three short DC city blocks seeing many more of them lately waiting on G2 Ridgeline.

2007 DARK CHERRY PEARL/BEIGE RTLNAV
OEM FOGLIGHTS+ BLACK TUBE SIDE STEPS+ FENDER FLARES+ BACK-UP CAM +TONNEAU COVER+
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers
Honda Ridgeline Truck Utility with Crossover DriveAbility & Versatility
2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
post #9 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 04:40 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: BLACK
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

We just picked up a G2 Black Edition. The dealer had seven others in stock. Other than ours, haven't seen a single G2 in the wild, and very few G1s......I'm in the Space Coast area of Florida.

2006 Ridgeline RTL-Navi
2006 Pilot EX-L w/Navi
post #10 of 367 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 04:49 PM

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

I've seen one on the highway, going same direction but in front. No sliding rear glass and Forest Mist.

The other, the owner's work is by mine. Seen this one a couple a three times. Sport 2wd. Easy to spot due to the wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode