Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Anyone see the new Ridgeline in the wild?

95K views 610 replies 179 participants last post by  DrSkip 
#1 ·
Hey,

I know it's only been out a few weeks, but has anyone seen the new Ridgeline in the wild? :)

I finally saw one out in Amagansett, NY. Great looking truck. Hoping to add one to our driveway some time in the near future.

Thx

#3 ·
Every time I see a G1 RL my heartbeat speeds up a little. I saw two last Thursday and as usual got a little excited about them. Later that day I saw my first G2 out and about and didn't get the same kick. It was a grey metallic one in Dallas PA. I test drove an RTL-E at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved what's on offer, but I think I prefer the G1 body style.

Reactions: magic99
#4 ·
I get the same kick from both of them. I have only to walk out to my garage to see the G2, so in some senses I'm paying more attention to G1s. I've still never been inside one or driven one. To me they're like unicorns. There aren't all that many of them around my area. If Honda had just kept making that body style, I would've wound up buying one. Now I probably never will. It feels like a missed opportunity.

#6 ·
I've seen one other G2 on the road in the month I've owned mine. I do notice all the G1's out there now, however, and have seen several of them. Just the other day a G1 followed me all the way to the grocery store, then drove around my truck in circles (I parked it out a ways) as I walked into the store. When I came out, he was just getting into his G1 and drove off, so I believe he was checking the G2 out carefully. Found a nice hand print on the driver's window where he was looking inside.

#8 ·
I have not seen one in the wild yet only the 3 at my Honda Dealership RTL/RTL-E/Black Edition I am just waiting to see my first in the DC metro area.
However notice yesterday I saw 4 newer Pilot's in three short DC city blocks seeing many more of them lately waiting on G2 Ridgeline.

#12 ·
its funny you started this thread, I was thinking of this the other day. I have not seen a single G2 on the road but I have only saw 3 in dealers...that is the equivalent of captivity? Anyway, I saw a BE and RTL T in one dealer and a sport on another. I know the vin of the BE so it would be interesting to see it on the road and get a chance to talk to the owner. I REALLY want to see one at a store so I can ask the owner a few questions. like a few million. :act024:

#13 ·
I still haven't seen another G2 besides mine in Northeast Texas. I'm enjoying the exclusivity at the moment. I've gotten a few curious looks, but not as many as the G1. The G1 sticks out like a sore thumb (good or bad depending on your perspective) - the G2 blends in bit better and could pass as a refreshed Nissan Frontier to the unknowing. A decade after the introduction of the G1, I still got curious looks and neat comments about the trunk and tailgate from those who had no idea the Ridgeline existed.

Each time I meet a G1 coming the other way, I can't help but wonder if they notice my G2. :)

#19 ·
Last night, driving through my friend's neighborhood in Chino Hills, I saw a nice black RL in the driveway. I was nearly past the house when I realized what it was, but from the quick look, I thought it looked great as did my friend and both of us don't really care for G1 styling.

Surprised that it has taken a month to see one!

#23 ·
Another week has gone by and I still have not seen a G2 in the wild. If/when I do see one, I am guessing it will be black.

Reactions: Shineaholic
#24 · (Edited)
I doubt that I will see one around here for some time. There are a few G1 but this is cowboy country so all you see is RAMs and Fords and a few GM trucks. Plus the closest dealer is a hour away and they have only had about 4 that they have gotten (all sold, of course). Going to have an aftermarket place give me a date for a hood protector today - it will be interesting to see what they think.

#27 ·
I had a White RTL-T scoped out in Boulder, but it sold over the weekend. You snooze, you lose as they say.

Reactions: Hot Rod
#30 ·
Actually saw a blue one at Costco. I think it was the same one I drove at the dealer that had now been sold. If so, It was a T but it was driving by so could not be sure. Also had a guy stop me at Costco and ask how I liked the G2 - he owns TWO G1!

#32 · (Edited)
I haven't seen another G2 yet. I think its odd since there are at least four Honda dealers within a 30 minute drive from me. Of course, I drove an hour across the state to buy my BE.

When people ask about the truck I like showing off the truck bed audio. And then explain, no they aren't speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.