2G Snow Thread! - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Sophomore
 
BrandoRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Anchorage, AK
Model: BLACK
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Posts: 152
Thumbs up 2G Snow Thread!

We got our first snow in Anchorage (Alaska) on the early morning hours of the 21st. I took my BE for a spin and was very impressed for how it handled with stock tires.

First thing I did was put it into snow mode and floor it (my rather empty street) and got it up to around 20 mph and jam on the brakes. It slide around 3-5 feet which is acceptable in the snow we had - which was around 3 inches. Out in traffic is handled like our 2012 CRV with AWD. Very nimble and non-truck like for the most part but it plowed through the snow with far more power.

Overall, nothing major impressive for city snow driving. Just the expected Honda engineering that I've grown to love. I'm hoping to take it in a spin in a really big, snow filled parking lot (empty of course) and do some donuts and see how well it slides around. Most of the snow in road and parking lots is gone or has been scraped up already so I'll have to wait for a bit.

Post your pictures and stories of your 2Gen Ridgeline in the snow!

Here's mine after being scraped off:
Attached Images
 
zroger73, Hot Rod, Rondo and 5 others like this.

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5, 1993 Ford Mustang, 1995 Buick Skylark, 1995 Honda Accord, 1999 Chevy Metro, 2003 Nissan Xterra, 2006 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CRV, 2017 Honda Ridge BE
BrandoRex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 03:23 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Louisiana
Model: RTL
Model Year: 2017
Color: Lunar Silver Metalic
Posts: 41
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoRex View Post
We got our first snow in Anchorage (Alaska) on the early morning hours of the 21st. I took my BE for a spin and was very impressed for how it handled with stock tires.

First thing I did was put it into snow mode and floor it (my rather empty street) and got it up to around 20 mph and jam on the brakes. It slide around 3-5 feet which is acceptable in the snow we had - which was around 3 inches. Out in traffic is handled like our 2012 CRV with AWD. Very nimble and non-truck like for the most part but it plowed through the snow with far more power.

Overall, nothing major impressive for city snow driving. Just the expected Honda engineering that I've grown to love. I'm hoping to take it in a spin in a really big, snow filled parking lot (empty of course) and do some donuts and see how well it slides around. Most of the snow in road and parking lots is gone or has been scraped up already so I'll have to wait for a bit.

Post your pictures and stories of your 2Gen Ridgeline in the snow!

Here's mine after being scraped off:
Nice, a video would be great to see. I'm glad to know it handles well in snow with stock tires as I plan on moving to Jersey soon.
Corey337 is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman
 
Silver 3.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: RTX
Model Year: 2008
Color: Billet Silver Metallic
Posts: 72
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Would this happen to be Geismar to Florham Park?
Silver 3.5 is offline  
 
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 07:16 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Taylor, MI
Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Lunar Silver Metalic
Posts: 80
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3.5 View Post
Would this happen to be Geismar to Florham Park?
Sorry to spin off topic but if so, that would sound a lot like BASF. PM me if I'm right.
Bozko is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:23 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl
Posts: 1,171
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandoRex View Post

Here's mine after being scraped off:


I hope you didnt actually scrape it off.....

First snowy drive for the G2! And the award goes to Brandorex!
BrandoRex likes this.
Shineaholic is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 08:55 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Model: RTL
Model Year: 2017
Color: Obsidian Blue Pearl
Posts: 157
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

I live in Massachusetts and was wondering about the Destination LE 2 in snow - they rate well on the TireRack reviews. I've always been a big fan of dedicated snows but not sure I'm going to do that with the RL. If the Destinations are not up to the task in the snow, I'm thinking about this new Continental: Continental
bp0416 is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 12:33 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Carlsbad, So. Calif.
Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Amazon Green / Olive
Posts: 5,619
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

"I'm hoping to take it in a spin in a really big, snow filled parking lot (empty of course) and do some donuts and see how well it slides around. "

Good Luck with those Donuts! It will be interesting to hear from you on that. I'm guessing it might be a bit of a challenge to get her to break loose for you like a RWD vehicle would (I'm presuming you have the AWD version.... 'might be even harder with FWD!).

Let us know how it went when you've been able to get those "fun runs" done.
BrandoRex likes this.

Dnick :0
Dnick is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Sophomore
 
BrandoRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Anchorage, AK
Model: BLACK
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Posts: 152
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post


I hope you didnt actually scrape it off.....

First snowy drive for the G2! And the award goes to Brandorex!
Sorry - I say scrape as a catch all term to clean the snow off. More often than not most folks are only scraping their glass so they can drive and then brush off the rest.

Sometimes, scraping the headlamps are required too. If I only had a garage... it probably would be filled with junk!

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5, 1993 Ford Mustang, 1995 Buick Skylark, 1995 Honda Accord, 1999 Chevy Metro, 2003 Nissan Xterra, 2006 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CRV, 2017 Honda Ridge BE
BrandoRex is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Sophomore
 
BrandoRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Anchorage, AK
Model: BLACK
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Posts: 152
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp0416 View Post
I live in Massachusetts and was wondering about the Destination LE 2 in snow - they rate well on the TireRack reviews. I've always been a big fan of dedicated snows but not sure I'm going to do that with the RL. If the Destinations are not up to the task in the snow, I'm thinking about this new Continental: Continental
So far so good. I haven't taken any major hills with them but if I had to drive that kind of terrain on a regular basis, studs would have to be had in my opinion. If it's just casual city driving, they should be fine.

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5, 1993 Ford Mustang, 1995 Buick Skylark, 1995 Honda Accord, 1999 Chevy Metro, 2003 Nissan Xterra, 2006 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CRV, 2017 Honda Ridge BE
BrandoRex is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Sophomore
 
BrandoRex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Anchorage, AK
Model: BLACK
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Posts: 152
Re: 2G Snow Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey337 View Post
Nice, a video would be great to see. I'm glad to know it handles well in snow with stock tires as I plan on moving to Jersey soon.
I guess this could my excuse to justify buying a GoPro or something similar
Shineaholic, Rondo, donski and 1 others like this.

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5, 1993 Ford Mustang, 1995 Buick Skylark, 1995 Honda Accord, 1999 Chevy Metro, 2003 Nissan Xterra, 2006 Honda Accord, 2012 Honda CRV, 2017 Honda Ridge BE
BrandoRex is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow Wolf snow shovel Matt08RTL The Ridge - Off-Topic Discussions 17 03-03-2014 03:34 AM
In the Snow Eschlane Image/Video Gallery 2 06-06-2008 01:01 PM
Who wants snow!!! nevadagarth Image/Video Gallery 48 01-28-2007 09:40 AM
Spray On Snow or Real Snow? CT RIDGELINE FAN Miscellaneous/General Honda Ridgeline Discussions 23 11-22-2006 07:40 AM
First snow! Amagreennj Greetings & Introductions 8 01-17-2006 08:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome