LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl
It had my name on it

even before I called.
Thats right, I signed the papers on *MY* New RTL-E (in deep scarlet pearl) today! It is being built between Feb 28 and March 5 and is scheduled to be delivered by 3/16-3/17. Time has suddenly just about stopped. This is going to be a long month...

Long story short, I called about an RTL-E in DSP and told them what I want and what I didn't want. That was NO miles on the car, as in a demo or raced over from another dealer. He says, "March 17th". I said what? he said he ALREADY order that exact truck and it will be here on 3/17
So, it was meant to be. Soichiro Honda was listening and since I have bought 4 new Honda Motorcycles in my life, I am thinking, he thought would get it ready for me. Thanks Soichiro!
I have only bought one BRAND new truck/car in my lifetime and that was a 2002 S-10 pickup. I was hoping that would be the only new truck I would ever need to buy....heh, turns out, it's wasn't even close.
So, I am hoping this truck lasts for the rest of my life. I have more hope since it is a Honda!

Test drove an RTL-E they had on the lot, in white. WOW, is that smooth AND quiet! I walk up to the truck, open the door and get in. I ask how the key works and how you start it up. He points to the button and says you just push the button, I look at the tach and see it is already running! I could not hear it running, at all. Pulling out of the parking lot, I already notice how extremely smooth it is. Out the exit, I hit the gas slightly, trying to baby a brand spanking new truck with out 3 miles on it. Wow, that is fast!
Heading down the road, all my first impressions are confirmed. This TRUCK, is a TRUCK, I can tell by the bed, and it is fast and it is smooth. The rear door entrance is not as narrow for me as is reported but sitting in the back seat with the front seat adjust for me (5'10") was snug. My knees did NOT hit the seat, but there is no stretching room. But I always need to stretch out my legs, hey, I am not young and flexible anymore!

The rear traffic warning system (NOT the correct name...) worked perfectly, as if on cue. He was talking about it and suddenly someone drove past to test it for me.
I did not travel for nor fast enough to test the other features.
Tested the in Bed audio, worked great. Not as loud as I thought, but it was a busy road.
Sun roof was awesome.
Brakes were awesome.
Did I mention I cannot wait till 3/17/17?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTS
Color: White Diamond Pearl
Re: It had my name on it

Congrats, hope all goes to schedule. Which dealer? I used to live in Wantagh purchased an Odyssey from Huntington Honda back in 04.
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
Congrats, hope all goes to schedule. Which dealer? I used to live in Wantagh purchased an Odyssey from Huntington Honda back in 04.
Thanks! Nardy In St James.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Model: RTS
Color: White Diamond Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
Thanks! Nardy In St James.
Ah, out East it's really nice out there with a lot more room.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Congrats. I beat on a demo model that the dealership uses as a loaner, test drives, etc. Had demo model written on the windshield. They first wanted me to take a new one out and I said no, ain't gonna beat on someone's new truck. They were concerned the demo was dirty, etc. Who cares! I beat on it like a red eased stepchild. When you wfo, it moves, briskly. Great power and transmission. You'll be a happy owner.
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
Ah, out East it's really nice out there with a lot more room.
and less traffic, as long as splish splash is not open!
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 09:19 AM

Model: BLACK
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Congrats on your new ride - when you look back after you get your truck you'll be surprised how fast the wait passed. Of course that doesn't make you feel any better now.
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidewater BE View Post
Congrats on your new ride - when you look back after you get your truck you'll be surprised how fast the wait passed. Of course that doesn't make you feel any better now.
yep. thanks for trying to distract my one track mind! Didn't work.
I am spending the time looking for the upgrades I want. So far, only got the front seat covers from shear comfort. I am beginning to think the best aftermarket wheel in the stock RL wheel. Maybe I will get them powder coated or get a set of BE wheels. That way they are hub centric and no other issues with fitment. I also gave up on the 17" winter wheel, I am sticking with the stock size for my winter set.
I will use this thread for all my truck updates and mods, as detailed as I can be. Too many merges and moved threads make it hard to find info. oh well.
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

aaaand we have a couple of snowstorms that will assure I will not get my truck on the 17th. One is today, 3-7" and one is next monday night to wednesday. THAT one is supposed to be huge, over 1' closer to 2'. It would be nice if it got in early so I can play in the snow but lets just hope they do not decide to deliver it IN the middle of the snow storm. Car carrier drivers are not known a patient people...
Haymoose likes this.

Formerly known as 100MPG
Viair 88P compressor
Shear Comfort seat covers
PIAA 400hz/500hz 115db Sports Horn
KOYA Extreme 18W 5.5'' Cree LED Flood light back up light.
Husky Liners Front Floor Liners
Husky Liners 2nd Seat Floor Liner
Bull Bar
WTB BE wheels
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:00 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: RTL-T
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

We signed for ours before it was delivered as well. All dates were set. Damn thing still showed up a full two weeks early. I would say yours could show up any day now.

17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T AWD Black/Black. Truxxx 1.5" level. 18x8 XD Heist wheels. 265/60/18 MT Baja STZs. Truxedo Bed Cover.
15 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium with Nav on factory 20s.
14 Suzuki V-Strom 1000.
06 Ford F350 Lariat CC 4x4 PSD.
02 Ford Taurus SEL DOHC.
88 Suzuki Samurai.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode