60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2017
Color: Lunar Silver Metalic
What do you LOVE about your RL?

Am I the only one who's a little tired of all the whining going on in this forum? I now have 900 miles on my 2017 RTS and I LOVE the quiet smooth ride, roomy interior, large flexible storage spaces, comfortable seats, excellent stereo, and great gas mileage! On top of that there have been ZERO issues!
Rondo, phineas, flyboy76 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:10 PM

Model: RTL-T
Color: White/Black
re: What do you LOVE about your RL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl P View Post
Am I the only one who's a little tired of all the whining going on in this forum? I now have 900 miles on my 2017 RTS and I LOVE the quiet smooth ride, roomy interior, large flexible storage spaces, comfortable seats, excellent stereo, and great gas mileage! On top of that there have been ZERO issues!
No, you're not. I actually left the forum for a while because I was so sick of all the pessimism. As to what I love about my RL.

I love the fact that it rides and handles like a large car from the late 1960's to early 1970's, instead of like a WW2 era tank. BTW, I have an Accord, and despite what people say, the RL does not drive like an Accord.

I love that it is an excellent replacement for my old 2003 GMC Sierra 1500, having almost the same capabilities while getting 10 MPG better gas mileage.

I love that it is more capable than most people think. I have had mine in snow and mud, and could not get it stuck. Have watched videos of others doing the same. I can't wait for summer when I can take it out on the back roads in the mountains.

I love that it is rare. In the approx. 3 months that I have owned mine, I have seen only one other, a Touring model, same color as mine, owned by a guy from British Columbia.

I love that the macho-truck crowd hates it. This appeals to the strong rebellion/non-conformist in me.

I could go on, but you get the idea.
Rondo, phineas, MJWayne and 5 others like this.

2015 Accord Touring
2017 RTL-T White ext. / Black Int.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

I think there was a thread that is similar to this but I am more than willing to chime in.

I used to hate the look of it, but now I love it.

I enjoy the auto-lock feature, it doesn't work 100% of the time but pretty close to it. Just gotta wait for the beep to be sure.

I love the ride and the room.

The swinging tailgate is awesome.

I also enjoy the fact that it's rarely seen, although I wouldn't object to seeing them around a bit more frequently. It gets lonely, sometimes I feel like a panda in Africa.

I enjoy the mileage and quickness of it.

Etc etc etc etc
phineas, MJWayne and hondaridge17 like this.

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:40 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: BLACK
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl P View Post
Heh. You came from a '96 two wheel drive Toyota. And you have 900 whole miles with a 23k VIN and a trim where not much can frustrate you. You better like it, or you're in trouble. There's a lot of us in not such an equal fit.

But, I'll play. I already have it in a list... But I like:
  • Anti-rollback on a large incline.
  • Lane assist/Blind Spot/Forward Collision Alert/Side Approaching Traffic in reverse, are all pretty good. With exception of the parking sensors.
  • Awesome bed-liner material/construction.
  • Remote start.
  • The premium stereo sounds good for factory.
  • The ride is fantastic for a truck.
  • The payload capability is impressive for the ride.
  • Ok turning radius for a truck.
  • Tows pretty well.
  • Cabin is pretty quiet.
  • Brakingis smooth and not grabby (albeit, brakes have become spongy lately).
  • Love the built in AC-110v inverter in the box.
  • Steering feels good, and isn't electric and lifeless like most drive-by-wire.
  • Bed Audio is a neat.
  • Good Height / Climb in access.
  • Not a lot of Body roll.
  • Extending sun visors.
  • Tire pressure assist is nice. As you are filling, it will beep.

All good things.

Nervey
2017 Honda Ridgeline, Black Edition
Delivery: Sept, 2016 - Serial 13,5xx
  • Self Installed: Honda Tonneau
  • Self Installed: Cast Running Boards
  • Ridgeline deep-well floor mats
  • Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection
-
Link: My RL Annoyances, So Far
Link: Some RL Issues I've Experienced So Far

Last edited by Nervey; 03-03-2017 at 08:45 AM.
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:40 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: BLACK

I love the comfort, ride, mileage, overall quality & tech. But most of all I just love driving it! I look forward to my quiet time in the morning on my way to work & at night on the way home all in my BE.
phineas, flyboy76 and hondaridge17 like this.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:44 PM

I have a 2017 Black RTL-T, and I absolutely love it, dare I say obsessed, I am pretty sure my wife and co-workers would agree. I had a car salesman at a Ford dealer say that the Ridgeline is an Accord with a truck bed on the back, well because of that statement, I purchased the Ridgeline and I traded my 2006 Accord in on it, which I happened to love. After I bought the Ridgeline, I did a slow drive-by along the front of the Ford dealership and flipped them off, felt great.
  • Nobody that I know of or in my neighborhood has one! I am not a fan of following the crowds!
  • Easy to park compared to a 2016 F150 quad cab!
  • Pretty good on gas. 21 MPG combined.
  • Tons of room and storage compartments.
  • In bed trunk is awesome.
  • I really like the way it looks, sure anything could look more aggressive, but I didn't buy it to scare little children and older ladies. I have nothing to prove or over compensate for to go out and buy the domestic man truck.
  • In the past 2 months of ownership, I have hauled drywall, 2X4's, a shower and tub combo, concrete, furniture and groceries, and with that swinging tailgate, made loading and unloading a breeze
  • The interior is very stylish and comfortable, so what if there are a couple of rattles, but for the most part very quiet ride.
  • I think it has tons of power, when I shut the Econ off, it takes off like a bat out of hell and handles corners rather well for a truck.

The Ridgeline was exactly what I needed and I am completely satisfied, unfortunately nobody is ever going to be happy, people will always complain just to complain.

I maybe a Honda fan boy, I have owned a 1998 and 2005 Honda Civic, 2006 Honda Accord(5MT), currently have a 2014 Honda CR-V and the 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T, I love the way Honda's feel, every time I have test drove a Honda it has always felt right and leaves no question in my mind that it is the best brand for the money, in my honest opinion of course.
Outside of Honda I have had a 1987 Dodge Ram 50, 1996 Chrysler Sebring coupe, 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe, 2004 GMC Envoy XUV (V8) and currently have a 1987 Nissan 300ZX (Z31) and the Hondas are by far the best vehicles I have owned.
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Model: RT
Color: Modern Steel Metalic

It fixes all the things I disliked about my last four pickups.

Rides well.
Can maintain speed through a corner as well as most sedans.
Doesn't spin when accelerating from a stop across a painted line in the rain.
AWD is gonna be incredibly handy on greasy boat ramps.
I thought the swinging tailgate was gimmicky, but damn is it handy.
Sparkland and hondaridge17 like this.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Model: RTS
Love it! As a Toyota Boy I just assumed I would get a Tacoma. Drove one and it was OK. Stopped at the Honda dealer next door just for grins and the Ridgeline was like night & day.
Sparkland and hondaridge17 like this.
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL
Color: Modern Steel Metalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salish Seagull View Post
BTW, I have an Accord, and despite what people say, the RL does not drive like an Accord.
I test drove an Accord coupe as one of the many cars I test drove... I agree that the RL does not drive like an Accord, and I thought the Accord coupe wasn't nearly as fun as it looked. lol

But I love my RL! I finally don't need to ask my dad to take me to the feed store in his truck and I have a daily driver that isn't a potential death trap. LOL
hondaridge17 likes this.
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 12:42 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2006
Color: Other

Hmm...most ROCers validate Consumer Reports' owner satisfaction scores for "compact pickups":

Ridgeline - Best (5 on scale of 5)
Tacoma and Colorado - Average (3 on scale of 5)
Johjhas and hondaridge17 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode