Looking for a specific review - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Looking for a specific review

I've been reading a lot of reviews on the new ridgeline recently. I read one a week or 2 ago and I am looking for it again and not having any luck. I checked the review posts on this forum, but did not see it and do not have access to post there. The review I believe was a professional review, but he seemed to be by someone who had purchased the vehicles rather than just had a chance to test it for the review. At one point they mention how they were trying to pick which trim level they wanted and I believe they said they were leaning towards the RTL due to wanting either the leather or power seat option. But I believe there is something they wanted from one of the higher level packages, but that they dreaded stepping up to the packages with the touchscreen. I don't recall which one they picked in the end, but I would like to read that review again if anyone remembers it and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 PM

Model: *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Re: Looking for a specific review

Any luck finding this review?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Lunar Silver Metalic

Good luck.
So many posts have been moved its hard to find a lot of stuff and a bunch of folks seem to have stopped visiting.
I sent out four PMs the other day and nobody has read 'em.
Shineaholic likes this.

1966 Corvair Convertible, 1967 VW Camper, 1976 VW Rabbit, 1981 Mazda RX 7, 1983 Mazda 626,
1986 Isuzu Trooper, 1989 Nissan Pathfinder, 1995 Toyota T100 SR 5, 2006 Highlander Hybrid, 2007 Tundra Crew Cab,
2010 Toyota Venza 4 cyl., 2015 Mazda CX 5 GT

2017 Silver RTL-E

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:54 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL-E
Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner67 View Post
Good luck.
So many posts have been moved its hard to find a lot of stuff and a bunch of folks seem to have stopped visiting.
I sent out four PMs the other day and nobody has read 'em.
yes, moving the posts kills a thread.

Formerly known as 100MPG
Viair 88P compressor
Shear Comfort seat covers
PIAA 400hz/500hz 115db Sports Horn
KOYA Extreme 18W 5.5'' Cree LED Flood light back up light.
Husky Liners Front Floor Liners
Husky Liners 2nd Seat Floor Liner
Bull Bar
WTB BE wheels
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Model: BLACK
Color: Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike208 View Post
I've been reading a lot of reviews on the new ridgeline recently. I read one a week or 2 ago and I am looking for it again and not having any luck. I checked the review posts on this forum, but did not see it and do not have access to post there. The review I believe was a professional review, but he seemed to be by someone who had purchased the vehicles rather than just had a chance to test it for the review. At one point they mention how they were trying to pick which trim level they wanted and I believe they said they were leaning towards the RTL due to wanting either the leather or power seat option. But I believe there is something they wanted from one of the higher level packages, but that they dreaded stepping up to the packages with the touchscreen. I don't recall which one they picked in the end, but I would like to read that review again if anyone remembers it and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks!
FWIW, get the RTL-E or Black Edition. You won't be disappointed.

Some people whine about the touchscreen, but they shouldn't. It works excellent, and the lack of a volume knob is a non-issue. The slider on the infotainment works great as do the steering wheel buttons. And since when do you need to adjust volume from 0-20 immediately or vice versa? Easy enough to hit the power "button" or pause if you need to stop sound for second.

The top level trims have all the best features Honda offers, and it's worth the money.
Max57 likes this.

--------------------------
2017 Black Edition with OEM tonneau cover (daily driver)
2015 Land Cruiser (weekend adventure rig)
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe (the toy!)
2015 Sienna SE (obviously the best one of all!)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:45 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: TOURING
Color: White Diamond Pearl

Just to add to the above post. One assumes "all" you get is what is on the equipment list however after reading these forums for the last 6 months one realizes there is much more than just equipment. There are a vast amount of settings that come with those upgrades found on the higher trims which really adds to the flexibility/customization which cannot be done on lower trims. I certainly think the E or BE is the best way to go.
Max57 likes this.

Cheers, Hans
Montreal, Canada
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Crystal Black Pearl

I remember the post you are referring to. That person dreaded stepping up to get the sliding rear window.

Nervey
2017 Honda Ridgeline, Black Edition
Delivery: Sept, 2016 - Serial 13,5xx
  • Self Installed: Honda Tonneau
  • Self Installed: Cast Running Boards
  • Ridgeline deep-well floor mats
  • Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection
-
Link: My RL Annoyances, So Far
Link: Some RL Issues I've Experienced So Far

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:38 PM

Get this months "Truck Trends" ...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:54 AM

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner67 View Post
Good luck.
So many posts have been moved its hard to find a lot of stuff and a bunch of folks seem to have stopped visiting. I sent out four PMs the other day and nobody has read 'em.
SERIOUSLY?, the forum used to be somewhat organized, now about 1/2 the G2 members complained that they wanted some organization and sub forums, so additional sections were added and many countless hours were spent moving and attempting to organize this. As soon as this work begun, here came the we can't find stuff, because it's been moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shineaholic View Post
yes, moving the posts kills a thread.
No, starting multiple threads about "How do the walk away door looks work", "Why do the Canadian Versions get a CD player and so many other options". Some of the early and best members from the G2 users, got frustrated and are rarely here, because it's the same question, comment or complaint every week. They got bored, frustrated and tired.

As for this review, if reviews were put where they should be in the REVIEWS section then they wouldn't need to be moved and they would be in one logical place. Which is where I would start searching. Further more if threads were given a title, which provided some amount of detail, things could be found, because there would be something to search for.

Which brings me to using the search function, there are two, the vB Search, which searches within the forum, and the Google search, which is basically a Google "Power Search", There is also the "Search this Forum" which narrows down the vB Search to a Sub Forum, within the Forum.
nac386 likes this.

2015 Fit LX, CVT, Alabaster Silver, Build Date, 12/14

2006 Ridgeline RTS, Steel Blue, Build Date 03/05

1996 Del Sol S, Grenada Black, Build Date 02/96
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:53 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsmak View Post
SERIOUSLY?
To translate :
* You're boring
* Don't ask questions that have been asked before
* Put your stuff away and keep it organized

User experience:
* Its like Windows... things are everywhere not necessarily organized intuitively. So, your example of Reviews are not particular to 1G/2G. It is general.
* Even using search, the results noise is so great, you cannot find the threads easily
* Doesn't explain weird things like Active Topics, not being active topics
* Nowhere is there an explanation why subtopics cannot be shown as activity, which would help users see the thread that SUDDENLY disappeared.
* If someone has a problem with "using" something on the vehicle... its a crap shoot to find PROBLEMS/FIXES/TSBSr it's proper section. Problems is not a vehicle-TYPE as the other topics are organized, so it breaks the organization-decision tree. Your topics should be broken down by the type, each with a problem area.
* There is no sub area for BODY, PAINT, BOX, HITCH, TOWING... Sometimes I don't have a clue where to place. For example, I wanted to know if the Honda primer under black is black or white. Where do I file that? (answer by the way is white from what I can see makes for lovely scratches).
* Terms like Active Topics and Recent Discussions doesn't distinguish things well.
* Recent users like me has taken nearly 5 months of HEAVY usage to understand this layout. An evidently I still don't.
* The site designer should consider placing search operator examples displayed in the search window to explain to the user HOW to break down the search.
* I know the site is ad driven, very ad driven, extremely ad driven, don't ignore that factor when people don't revisit. May not be many, just saying
* Usually like this truck. If one person complains, it might be the person. If several complain, it might be the product.

Agree with:
* Titling the topic.

I sense it's time for a round of drinks. First off, Carsmak, you do an excellent job. Second, these are the problems you want, user activity... it creates Google Indexes and traffic to your site.

EDIT: *** and here is a "thought" for your site designers. Include a "Digress" check box (flag) in the thread. When the users deviate from the topic, flag it. That would allow those comments to COLLAPSE (temporarily hide). And the search operator could include those or not. This would help visitors just see the topic.

I like cornbread, and they should include a heated speedometer.

There see, I do like cornbread, and my current obsession with cornbread has me not thinking clearly about our unheated speedometer... so the topic deviates!, put a check mark by it and collapse it). It is a big design task, but maybe that can start a thought for your designers in the future.

Mic drop
Carsmak likes this.

Nervey
2017 Honda Ridgeline, Black Edition
Delivery: Sept, 2016 - Serial 13,5xx
  • Self Installed: Honda Tonneau
  • Self Installed: Cast Running Boards
  • Ridgeline deep-well floor mats
  • Ceramic Pro 9H Paint Protection
-
Link: My RL Annoyances, So Far
Link: Some RL Issues I've Experienced So Far

Last edited by Nervey; 03-18-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode