Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

My new 2017 Ridgeline Black Edition

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Honda 4 Life 
#1 ·
Bought this past Saturday but just got the running boards and roof rails installed today. I like the look much better with them. Loving the Ridgeline so far. My previous vehicle was a Audi Q7 and a Tundra CrewMax Limited before that. I missed the truck bed but wanted something that would fit in my garage, and ended up loving all the bells and whistles of the Ridgeline (not to mention it rides as good/better than my Q7).

LOVE the in-bed trunk, in-bed audio (came in handy when I was putting out pine straw this weekend), and Apple Carplay. Not much I've found that I don't like, yet. Not in love with the location of the parking brake or the startup time of the entertainment system, but the functionality of it is fine for me... I actually think it works well.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Tonneau cover next.
I don't think I'm going to get a cover. I had an Avalanche a long, long time ago and the bed cover was always a hassle. When I need to use the bed, I want to just be able to throw stuff in there. I don't plan on using it for long-term storage or anything.

But who knows, I could always change my mind. I definitely do like the LOOK of the Ridgeline with the bed cover.

#12 ·
All of the covers are designed to be folded or rolled pretty quickly. I put one on to keep snow and ice out in the winter and keep things that I'm carrying dry in the rain. Plus I think it gives the look that Polished Look. I have the BAK cover on my 2010 RTL.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#14 ·
When I purchased my 2010 RTL in Bali Blue, I installed the black roof rack. Since the paint is a dark blue ,the roof rack sorta disappears when you look at it quick. Wanted rack to transport my 17ft canoe.
I also installed the chrome side steps,(tubes). In the rear i got what's called the super bumper. An aftermarket bumper et. It has a rubber insert to help absorb impact from a rear hit. Helps absorb impact energy from a rear ender. Also round and chrome, it kinda pulls your eye around to the rear and finishes theo ok know of the side rails.
All the chrome looks good with the blue paint. Good contrast.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#16 ·
The dealership actually had the Tonneau cover they ordered for someone who later backed out of buying mine. They offered it to me, of course, but at full retail. I told them if they wanted to make me a good deal on it, I might consider it but they didn't. I know I can buy it online and install it myself so I wasn't about to pay them full retail + installation when they were going to be stuck with it or have to ship it back. In the end they didn't seem like they wanted to budge on the price so I didn't bother.

If I ever decide to pull the trigger, Bernardi has the cover for $699 vs their $1000 plus install fees.

#19 ·
Congrats on your, New G2 BE

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

Reactions: SXM Gator
#21 ·
For sure these are nice words to hear.
As good as better than just like almost like when compared to other vehicles that you think are much better than G2.
The other pickup trucks can't claim this kind of stuff.

#23 ·
Very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.