post #21 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2006
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige
Re: "Post-Embargo" Stories and Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatsup View Post
He mentions Canadian pricing as well as Honda Sensing available in lower trims Can't wait for official trim announcements from Honda Canada
Yes I picked up on that as well. Pretty much what I was predicting and expecting.48k! for a top model before accessories and taxes and no negotiating either. It's going to be nearing high 50's out the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:15 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Do we know when Honda is gonna update their site? I'd like to start playing around with their build a vehicle and see options and accessories.
post #23 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Model: RTL-T
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenswake View Post
Do we know when Honda is gonna update their site? I'd like to start playing around with their build a vehicle and see options and accessories.
I just tweeted them and asked the same thing, If they respond I will pass it along.

-----
2016-Current 2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
2003-2016 03 Element DX- Modded to SC
2000-2003 98 Prelude

post #24 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:01 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: RTL-T
Color: Lunar Silver Metalic
I can tell you. Pay more get more. The only thing the lower models get is push button start
post #25 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:16 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: *Not a Ridgeline Owner
Color: Aberdeen Green Metallic

From Truckyeah:

The 2017 Honda Ridgeline Is Solid, But A Little Too Much Accord For Its Own Good

The reviewer did not like the RL because it was too refined, and not raw and "alive" like the Tacoma

Last edited by Outahere; 05-09-2016 at 09:29 AM.
post #26 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM

MotorTrend has 187 photos to share, but not that much information to share in their review.

2017 Honda Ridgeline First Drive Review
post #27 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:34 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outahere View Post
From Truckyeah:

The 2017 Honda Ridgeline Is Solid, But A Little Too Much Accord For Its Own Good

The reviewer did not like the RL because it was too refined, and not raw and "alive" like the Tacoma
It's nice we now have a choice. Personally, I'd take a refined Ridgeline any day over a "raw and alive" Tacoma. I'll leave the raw and alive stuff for the under 30 crowd.
murderlicious and MR.Z06 like this.
post #28 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:37 AM

From LeftLaneNews:

First drive: 2017 Honda Ridgeline [Review] | LeftLaneNews

"...Despite their tough image, mid-size trucks spend the vast majority of their time of paved roads. In fact, Honda's data finds that just three-percent of mid-size truck owners actually take their trucks off-road.

That means that mid-size trucks are mostly used for mundane tasks like commuting to work or taking the kids to school. The most work a compact truck typically gets is a weekend run to the home improvement store for a load of mulch or a trip to the lake with the family boat. Yet every single mid-size truck on the market uses a separate frame like a full-size pickup. That's like wearing a helmet and shoulder pads in a game of flag football -- it's just unnecessary.

And the notion that a body-on-frame truck is stronger than a unibody truck is simply unfounded. The torsional stiffness of the Ridgeline is nearly double that of the Chevrolet Colorado, and the Honda's bending stiffness is close to double that of the Ford F-150Ö"
colorider and xrdad like this.
post #29 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:48 AM

AutomobileMag has a review worth reading:

2017 Honda Ridgeline Review

"...Here we see Hondaís strategy with the Ridgeline come full circle: itís not built like a traditional truck, it doesnít drive like a truck, its interior doesnít look or feel like a truckís, and itís not really aimed at truck people. Even though it has a bed and does everything a midsize truck should do (and does it all quite well), itís not a truck. Itís a crossover with a bedóboth in theory and in practice, being built largely of upgraded Pilot parts. Itís an un-truck.

If you hold prejudices that dictate what a truckís nationality should be (this oneís built in Alabama, by the way), or how it should be made, or what it should look like, un-truck yourself. Give the Ridgeline a look. You just might find itís as fun, capable, and practical as I didÖ"
xrdad and quickshoe like this.
post #30 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 AM

Model: RTL-E
Color: Modern Steel Metalic

So basically what we already knew:

1) This is a super truck for those who liked the Gen 1 but want more modern features and safety.

2) It will still not appeal to the macho big truck types. (On a personal note, I don't give a crap what those room temperature IQ guys think)

All the rest is details.

Bottom line for me is I still plan to trade my 06 when I can get a 17 with what I want.
Don't like black so will go for a Blue, Green, or Red E version.

That's about it for me.
xrdad likes this.

"Those dogs are not cold" - visitor to our place...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode