Ridgeline a pickup with car-like abilities [1.2.9] - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
ROC Founder, Admin

Ridgeline a pickup with car-like abilities [1.2.9]

Quote:
Southern California and Northern Quebec -- two locales that have little in common except where Honda and I are concerned.

The first is where I drove a Honda Ridgeline in 2005 and the second is where I got into a 2009 model to revisit what's probably the quirkiest truck in the Canadian market. And I mean this as a compliment to a company that is now best known for its Civic yet started as a motorcycle company and still figures it can build a truck.

For that matter, Honda also builds ATVs, outboard motors, generators, snow blowers, watercraft, even rototillers -- I know many Honda owners who swear these gadgets are the best.

In fact, the company counted on these loyalists to make a leap of faith when it introduced the Ridgeline. Well, they did and, since then, the Ridgeline has carved out a small but decent niche for itself (sales have averaged 4,200 units annually since its launch).

I was thinking about all this as I headed north into the Laurentians through a driving snow with the 2009 Ridgeline to a test site in Quebec to ride Honda's newest all-terrain-vehicle -- Big Red.
Click to read the entire review from The Star Phoenix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2008
Color: Formal Black
Re: Ridgeline a pickup with car-like abilities [1.2.9]

Thanks for this review, TMac. It's always seemed that the only thing missing in Ridgeline reporting is some reporter actually driving it. And when they do, it always gets glowing reviews. DUH!!

Tom - 2008 Formal Black RTL with some extra stuff on it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RT
Model Year: 2011
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

I used to think Honda made some great motorcycles, until I rode the Ossa Pioneer. The Ossa is an incredible bike, and anyone can look like an expert off-road rider on one. The hardest thing is not falling off the bike when looking to see if the wheels are really going over the ridges you see.

Here's a review by someone paid to sell newspapers. I refuse to be sucked in, so I won't click on the link to generate traffic to that site. If the writer really wanted me to read the review, he should've posted it here.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:37 PM
ROC Rank: 7k Comma Club

Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshark2 View Post
If the writer really wanted me to read the review, he should've posted it here.
Wow! Must have taken you a long time to pull this 3 year old Thread out of the archives!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2007
Color: Formal Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
Wow! Must have taken you a long time to pull this 3 year old Thread out of the archives!
Hahaha! No kidding! What the heck?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 PM

Model: EX-L NAVI
Model Year: 2012
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

That seems to be the case with so many Honda vehicles these days. Many make snap judgements based on the vehicles looks...a great example also is the Crosstour. Ridgeline and Crosstour are both quirky-looking vehicles but once a person gets behind the wheel they change their mind completely. The ride, handling, quality, etc....are all better than most of the competition.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2007
Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic
Send a message via Skype™ to MaDoGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
it seems it was a 2009 post, no ?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:00 AM

Model Year: 2013
Color: White/Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownRidge View Post
That seems to be the case with so many Honda vehicles these days. Many make snap judgements based on the vehicles looks...a great example also is the Crosstour. Ridgeline and Crosstour are both quirky-looking vehicles but once a person gets behind the wheel they change their mind completely. The ride, handling, quality, etc....are all better than most of the competition.
Im happy with mine for sure targets my needs family in mind with an edge!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode