2010 Ridgeline Article - PickupTrucks.com - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Re: 2010 Ridgeline Article - PickupTrucks.com

Still got my 72 F-250 with that smooth twin I beam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2008
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerCS View Post
Funny how times change. Actually Ford started the "works like a truck, drives like a car" theme in 1965.

When I was a youngster in the fall of 1964, I remember our neighbor bought a new 1965 turquoise and white F-100 truck with a new suspension that provided a car-like ride, yet still worked like a truck. The truck had power steering, power brakes, radio, and under the dash air-conditioning. The seats had some kind of turquoise cloth and black vinyl covers.

When they drove it home the first day, I went over to see it and his teen age daughter was sitting in the cab listening to KAAY 1090 AM on the radio. When The Supremes song "Baby, baby, where did our love go?" came on, we turned up the volume. Then her dad came up and told us to turn off the radio and get out. I think that must have been the first truck I had seen with a radio.

Later I remember some other neighbors teasing him about the "sissy truck" with that "no good" Twin I Beam suspension.

Does anybody here remember the following (and similar) advertisement when Twin I Beam was new?

If a Ford owner ever disses a Ridgeline owner, you can remind them of 1965 "rides like a car' campaign, and the unibody Econoline pick-up.

I absolutely remember those TV ads (and I thought it was a great idea. The South Dakota roads where I grew up weren't exactly smooth!). But in the long run, it took Honda to get it right.

...effjay
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model Year: 2009
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

Well I was one of those guys less than a year ago. I had to have the cool looking 4x4 truck and even lifted most of them and put 35 in tires or bigger. Gas went to $4 plus a gallon and I drive 30000 plus a year and really only tow only a bass boat. Well I used my friends ridge for about a month when I was between vehicles when I sold my 08 tundra 4x4. Now I know the fuel they say is the same but I'm telling you I have owned them all and the Chevy was the best full size stock at 16.5 average for me and 12 towing. Now I am averaging 20.1 mpg with my 09 ridge after 6 m onths 15000 miles. The sticker shows the same but actual it is better. That is a lot of money with my miles I put on in a year even at 2.50 a gallon. I also fell in love with the inbed trunk space all summer. It was perfect for hauling our lake stuff that was wet. It also fits great in the garage where my trucks filled up ever inch. I'm glad I tryed one and own one today. I was one of these guys talking bad about it a year ago. Boy was I wrong.I hope they don't stop production for I want a new one in 2011.

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 PM

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

yeah i don't get it...i love all my past trucks, 98 ram diesel, 81 chevy c10 (350TPI), and 83f150....had em all, and never loved a truck (well the ram was awesome i have to admit, but i did have stacks, 35's, etc) as much as this, and also never used those trucks like they should be, hence the decision to get this....people act like we never had trucks and don't know what a truck "should" be, maybe but i know what i want my truck TO be and this is it...
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:18 AM

Model: RTS
Color: Mocha Metallic

I think Honda definately has to look at making the seats able to move back further for taller drivers. I think this is one of the first things any full size truck owner will notice when they get into a ridgeline for the first time. I'm 6-2 and I have enough room but if you want to stretch your legs you can't or even stretch out to get something out of your pocket. Also the seats again are too tight around the side of your rib cage. I find they can be painful on a long trip. One more is they should hav e the door moldings as standard features, my ridgeline, I opted not to get them and already have a few door dings from people in parking lots so now it's no sense in putting them on after the damge is done.
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 10:18 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Color: Amazon Green / Olive
Send a message via AIM to kanji Send a message via Yahoo to kanji

hahaha....

I posted just for kicks

like everyone here said, its like talking to a wall

Anthony aka Kanji

"My personal world has collapsed, and seeing the outside world around me, I feel lost and confused with desire and nothing to focus on." -Anonymous
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 11:31 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2007
Color: Aberdeen Green Metallic

it wont let me post, keeps coming up with "Sorry we can not accept this data" I have never seen that before.

but this is what I was going to say:

"2007 RTL with 32K. 470mi road trip to South Dakota on one tank of gas for and average Highway mpg of 21.9. I average 18.6mpg in the cityon my weekly comute to work and back. Also my wife and I use the Ridgeline for our everyday use. This is NOT a full size truck. Max tow is 5000lbs not 4500lbs. I have hauled 1100lbs in the bed reguraly and have never had a problem. Along with a trailer this moved my entire house in one day. For a city truck you can not beat this and I would highly recommend one to look at this over a Tacoma, Cheyenne i.e. Colorado, or any other medium or small truck.

I must add, Ford Fan Boy you are the funniest poster I have every read on the internet. Your juvenile backpeddling is hilarious. When presented with the true facts you buckled. Man up and learn how to retourt in a debate or get out of it."

07 RTL SB/Navi
04 Acura TL 6 speed/Navi
1981 Kawasaki GPz550
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 07:29 AM

Let ford fan boy talk, he had never tried to drive the rl. I also have a neighbor, a ford lover, he got 3 fords. I think that was last feb. He traded his f150 for a flex. When i got my rl. Last june he made a comment thats not a real man's truck.....f150 is. I just smiled and answer him this is honda not ford three weeks ago he ask me if he can test drive my rl. And i gave him the key he was amazed, he was shock, he likes everything, the handling the comfort and everything. He told me i never drive a honda before this truck drive's better than my flex. He dont want to get down from my truck i can see it in his eyes.
Last thu. When i came home from work i see a white rts rl. In his driveway when he saw me comming he jump and told me i traded my flex for this rl......i never see him that happy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:36 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Not to start a mpg thread, but I just returned from New England after hauling a riding mower up there in the back of the 'truck'. 1,563 miles round trip. Going up loaded, 18.5 mpg. Returning empty, 24 mpg. I'm happy with that.

I too owned Dodge, Chevy, and Ford trucks previously. What I am enjoying now is not having to deal with those moron service departments.....

Hawk

(Too smart for NASCAR, too dumb for opera.)
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Not to start a mpg thread, but I just returned from New England after hauling a riding mower up there in the back of the 'truck'. 1,563 miles round trip. Going up loaded, 18.5 mpg. Returning empty, 24 mpg. I'm happy with that.

I too owned Dodge, Chevy, and Ford trucks previously. What I am enjoying now is not having to deal with those moron service departments.....
your're right hawk, we've been nieghbor for eight years and i've seen him in and out of the dealer theres always a problem w/ their FORDS.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode