2010 Ridgeline Article - PickupTrucks.com - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RT
Model Year: 2007
Color: Aberdeen Green Metallic
Re: 2010 Ridgeline Article - PickupTrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Not to start a mpg thread, but I just returned from New England after hauling a riding mower up there in the back of the 'truck'. 1,563 miles round trip. Going up loaded, 18.5 mpg. Returning empty, 24 mpg. I'm happy with that.

I too owned Dodge, Chevy, and Ford trucks previously. What I am enjoying now is not having to deal with those moron service departments.....
This is my 9th truck. I will never go back to the other ones.

Roof rack, splash guards, OEM hitch, bed mat, tinted front windows, Leer cap, OEM hood deflector, door moldings, black chrome wheels,
Garmin 680 GPS, Wet Okoles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: BLACK
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerCS View Post
Here's a PickupTrucks.com article about the 2010 Ridgeline. Come on members and jump in on the comments.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/08...ridgeline.html

:-)

I just posted a comment on their website. Hopefully they keep it posted. My name is Patrick, if you wish to see the post.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Model Year: 2009
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

I thouroughly enjoy my RL, but I will always be a Ford man too. I grew up in a Ford family and I still own a 75 F100. I drove it in high school after rebuilding the engine. I now have a modified 351 setting in it. I must say you cant replace a classic. I would not trade that truck for any RL. For my family and every day commuting though the RL is the exact fit for me at this time in my life. You cant fault a person for feeling backed into a corner and come across defensive when something as new as the RL is on the market challenging the mindset of how a truck should be. It takes time for people to feel ok with new or fairly new concepts. This may rub a few the wrong way but its possible to like both and to support both. It doesnt mean the way you feel about a truck is right or wrong because we all like and dislike trucks for different reasons. My sermon for this Sunday.

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:05 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

I wonder if my post will get deleted...

but here it is... I hope I make someone angry in that comment section.

Yeah, so what the Ridgeline has a unibody design... I bet if any of the Big 3 or Big 2 ( I lost count... does Fiat count?), had done what Honda did... people like Ford FanBoy (name fail), would be all over it.

But stick with the 3-piece trucks... I'm sure they will do you proud. And while the domestic automakers keep siphoning your money via Federal Government, because they want it, you gladly bow to them. I had a 95 Yukon... I loved that truck, but I will admit, the Ridgeline is possibly the best truck I have ever driven. Im not knocking Dodge, Ford, and Chevy... but the RL shouldn't be compared to full-sized trucks... or SUV's. Its got every characteristic as any truck on the market. Use it within its designed capabilities and it will do you well. I guarantee 5 yrs. from now... this truck will have a higher resale value than any Ford on the market.
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 01:06 AM

Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

ha ha ha, "Name Fail"... thats so funny to me!!!
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
I wonder if my post will get deleted...

but here it is... I hope I make someone angry in that comment section.

Yeah, so what the Ridgeline has a unibody design... I bet if any of the Big 3 or Big 2 ( I lost count... does Fiat count?), had done what Honda did... people like Ford FanBoy (name fail), would be all over it.

But stick with the 3-piece trucks... I'm sure they will do you proud. And while the domestic automakers keep siphoning your money via Federal Government, because they want it, you gladly bow to them. I had a 95 Yukon... I loved that truck, but I will admit, the Ridgeline is possibly the best truck I have ever driven. Im not knocking Dodge, Ford, and Chevy... but the RL shouldn't be compared to full-sized trucks... or SUV's. Its got every characteristic as any truck on the market. Use it within its designed capabilities and it will do you well. I guarantee 5 yrs. from now... this truck will have a higher resale value than any Ford on the market.
I agree with you that the Honda will have a higher resale value in 5 years but I beleive Ford will still out sale the RL due to the need for a truck to haul bigger loads and the fact that American pride is at stake.
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 03:15 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Color: Aberdeen Green Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockstwrt View Post
Is there any weight to the comments about stopping production after 2010? I realize that the auto market changes every quarter and nothing is for sure but aren't there a few guys on here that are in the know with honda? Please say it ain't so!!
They should never halt production of this vehicle. Just try marketing.
The ROC should be given a large budget and put in charge of this.

Roof rack, splash guards, OEM hitch, bed mat, tinted front windows, Leer cap, OEM hood deflector, door moldings, black chrome wheels,
Garmin 680 GPS, Wet Okoles
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Honda will not stop sellng ridgelines...they are selling awesome for Honda...
is 2011 going to be a new style?
has anyone seen pics yet?
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 PM

All they gotta do is drive one for a week. They'll shut up. **** 'em.
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Model Year: 2006
Color: White / Olive

So I was always a die-hard Ford guy. I think it started with my granddad's 70s era F-100 Explorer. I've owned a Ranger, Bronco II, another Ranger, and lastly an Expedition (in that order). When Honda released the Ridgeline, I laughed hysterically saying something to the effect of "who in the hell would buy a truck made by Honda"?

The first time I saw my buddy pulling out and returning his muddy mountain biking gear from the trunk and then later riding in his Ridgeline, I was sold instantly! It turns out I'm who in the hell would buy a truck made by Honda. I never thought I'd buy a non-Ford vehicle....let alone a Honda truck. I couldn't be happier with Ridgeline, except for maybe a little better fuel economy. Still...I'm getting better MPG that my Expedition got. I've been seeing more and more Ridgelines on the road since I got mine a year and a half ago so hopefully it's a truck that's here to stay and will be available for me in a couple of hundred thousand miles.

And I must say this forum has greatly amplified my enjoyment and appreciation for my Ridgeline. I was helping a friend with specing and installing some speakers in a Forerunner and it's dang near impossible to find the quantity, quality, and detail of information, reviews, and pics of such upgrades as can be found here for the Ridgeline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode