Consumer Reports: Best overall pickup truck - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2009
Color: Other
Re: Consumer Reports: Best overall pickup truck

The worst part of any Honda is the rattles. All three of my Honda's (07 Pilot, 08 Civic and 09 Ridgeline) all have rattles but what I absolutely love about them is that I count on them 100% to take my family & I to work every day with zero problems. I had a 94 Explorer, 99 F-150, 01 Mustang, 97 Mustang and a 95 Grand Marquis and none of them ever rattled but all of them had me busy making countless repairs (I lemon lawed the 99 F-150, head gasket leaking oil dealer refused to repair the truck) Since I bought my first Honda a 03 Element I have done nothing but add accessories, rotate tires and change oil. It's crazy!! So I will gladly accept the rattles and interior noise for peace of mind and clean hands!! Consumer Reports is dead on about the Honda ownership experience thatís why my driveway is full of Hondaís today and not Fordís. The best part is that all my Hondaís were all built in the USA itís a win win situation!!! I donít feel unpatriotic by driving a Honda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 06:27 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green RTL View Post
The worst part of any Honda is the rattles. All three of my Honda's (07 Pilot, 08 Civic and 09 Ridgeline) all have rattles but what I absolutely love about them is that I count on them 100% to take my family & I to work every day with zero problems. I had a 94 Explorer, 99 F-150, 01 Mustang, 97 Mustang and a 95 Grand Marquis and none of them ever rattled but all of them had me busy making countless repairs (I lemon lawed the 99 F-150, head gasket leaking oil dealer refused to repair the truck) Since I bought my first Honda a 03 Element I have done nothing but add accessories, rotate tires and change oil. It's crazy!! So I will gladly accept the rattles and interior noise for peace of mind and clean hands!! Consumer Reports is dead on about the Honda ownership experience thatís why my driveway is full of Hondaís today and not Fordís. The best part is that all my Hondaís were all built in the USA itís a win win situation!!! I donít feel unpatriotic by driving a Honda.
It's amazing you say that because just about every car on the market has rattles of some kind. Only the most expensive cars are super quiet and if you really listen they rattle too.
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
It's amazing you say that because just about every car on the market has rattles of some kind. Only the most expensive cars are super quiet and if you really listen they rattle too.
That has been my personnel experience and I do not understand it. My 07 Pilot has so many rattles that I have to keep the radio on all the time just not to upset myself. The rear cargo shade is so bad I cannot keep it in the closed position because it drives me crazy. My 94 Explorer; and I have nothing great to say about this vehicle except that it did not have any rattles, it had a lot of mechanical repairs and I mean a lot of mechanical repairs! It's funny because I run into Explorer owners that claim that their Explorer was a great vehicle but it was a nightmare for me. I just wish the Honda's I own did not rattle because if they did away with the rattles they would be perfect!! But then again nothing is perfect in life and everything has a tradeoff; I guess.

post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:56 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2014
Color: White/Grey

I have have never had a Honda.
You are scaring me talking about rattles.
They are very annoying.

I have(HAD) an '07 Tundra
Why am I checking up on Ridgelines?
'Cuz I bought a DCP RTL 6/29/10
post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 04:26 AM

Model Year: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
They are very annoying.
Here are my experiences with rattles . . .

I had a Honda 2000 CR-V that I pulled behind a motorhome. On top of its use as a toad, I drove it another 125,000 miles without any rattles. Although certainly underpowered, it was a solid little car.

I also had a 1996 Honda Accord for 4 years before the CR-V. It had ample power and for those 4 years, I didn't have a single rattle. Again, it was a solid little car.

Now, I have a 2010 RL RTL. Although it's still brand new with only 1000 miles on it over the past couple weeks, it has yet to show any rattles. The build quality feels and looks very similar to my previous Hondas - perhaps even more solid in some ways. The dash feels firm, the doors shut tight and everything is working, closing, opening, turning and performing as it should. It feels just as solid as my previous Hondas, perhaps even more so in many ways, so I don't expect it to become a rattle-trap.

I hope my expereinces have calmed your fears somewhat.

~OnTheRoad
2010 RTL Navi - Taffeta White/Grey w/ Honda bodyside Mouldings - No Mods
post #16 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: VP
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

Quote:
They are very annoying.
Mention rattles, and everyone who has noticed rattles will chime in!

The only rattles that I notice are the ones that my smaller tools make now that I reloaded all of the interior compartments after a detailing job.

My 4Runner had a couple of interior rattles. It didn't make me think that it was a poorly constructed vehicle. My father's Silverado has no rattles, and it's stranded him in the middle of the bush a couple of times. Guess who's truck he like to borrow now?
post #17 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:52 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

I've got an 06 with 90,000 miles. Still tight as a drum. I haven't noticed any rattles.

2006 RTS Nighthawk Black, Honda Chrome Wheels, Rear Mud Flap, and other stuff.

Visit My Personal PhotoBucket Page Link
post #18 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 PM

Model Year: 2007

Only Rattle I get out of my RL is the loose Washer Fluid Neck that needs to be fixed. and Has 43K on it.
Sometimes I think folks ether have Uber Sensitive hearing and never turn on the radio or they just expect a 35K Truck to sound like a 80K Benz.
post #19 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model Year: 2008

Quote:
They are very annoying.
Only occasional rattle is glove box door (or stuff in it?) Past Honda's have been rattle free.

past friends; 76 Accord, 78 Accord, 83 Prelude, 89 Accord, current ones; 99 Civic, 07 CR-V, 08 RTL over 800,000 total miles and counting
post #20 of 122 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Been driving mine for 5 months. No rattles.

- Chip

Hey look! My Fuelly average is creeping up...slowly!
OEM bug deflector, rear mud guards & floor mats. Romik tube step bars and Black Horse 'roo bar' from Burtman Industries. Bakflip HD. 5S Dude's awesome cubby cover. Hitchstep. OEM wheels powder coated by Billy Hoang. Color Lugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode