Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER! - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 02:46 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2011
Color: Mocha Metallic
Re: Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER!

He's definitely the worst writer too. He fails to hold my attention after the second sentence. It takes him 2 1/2 (long) paragraphs to mention the Ridgeline's name, because he's too focused on talking about an ancient 1974 Ford F-250 that his beloved dead relative left him.

I actually had to force myself to read the article several times just to get to his specific complaints and subtle praises. And, I only did that because y'all were discussing the article.

And, I have real doubts about whether he test drove and used the Ridgeline. This is obvious when he stated that (and I quote) "It won’t haul a sheet of plywood for the worker types, and can’t even handle a large mountain bike". WHAT?? You're busted ... you didn't even try it, did you?

My conclusion is that he is a troll for the Ford Motor Company. His mission is to bash the heck out of the Ridgeline because it's a big threat to the Ford Ranger and other trucks of that size.

2011 Mocha Metallic RTL w/NAV.

Last edited by Keyboard; 08-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2010
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Now I am retired, I thought of writing reviews for extra income. I'm encouraged by the fact that you don't need to know much beyond reminiscing about 'Dad's old truck'.

Honda North, ClovisCA Sales 4 Service 3.5 (out of 5)
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
post #13 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model Year: 2008
Color: Formal Black

Wow. I wish I had read that before last weekend when I bought my RL. I had no idea that this was not the truck I wanted. I guess I should have gotten another Ford Ranger that like the one I had in '97 that leaked oil before it hit 15K miles. Although that wouldn't haul a sheet of plywood either. Wait, now i remember. I sold my old T-100 and Camry (wife's) to get a truck that looks and rides like a luxury car. Not to mention that I don't need to haul heavy machinery, just pull a bass boat and an occasional load of mulch. Truth be told that guy's work is so bad, it appears the editor didn't even read it.

post #14 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2007

Just sent the publisher the following email:

"I'll start off saying that, yes. I do own a Honda Ridgeline.

Now, I was expecting to read a review of the 2011 model, not a lament for a long passed pickup from the authors youth. Did he even drive the vehicle? It seems to me that he just read off statistics on Wikipedia or other reviews and chose out all the negatives. He also added some false information: The Ridgeline will handle a sheet of plywood and mountain bikes. He just forgot to mention the tailgate has to be down for the plywood to lie flat.
I understand the editors can not fact check every article before it is published, but that is why we the readers can point out opportunities of improvement. Please remind your writers that people read there writing and that it's not just a venting space for how much they detest any certain design."

Hunter bull bar
Truxedo soft tonneau
Dynolock tailgate lock
IPod dock

Future:
Remote Windows UP
Window tint
2" lift
post #15 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM

Model Year: 2006
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

I can handle criticism of the Ridgleine, but at least 'review' the vehicle. It reads like an 18 year old who believes that if it 'don't drive like granddaddy's truck, it ain't no truck, dad-burn it!'. I remember the first time we got a pick-up with 6 1/2 foot bed, instead of an 8 footer, thinking, "how could anybody use that?", but hey, giving up 1.5 ft isn't bad in exchange for extra-cab space and/or better manuverability, right? Or sometimes you just don't really need that much space. Change is good sometimes. It gives the impression that he looked it over in a dealership and drove it for about 10 minutes. What did you haul? How did it do off-road? Did you actually use it the way it was intended or just drive it around the block?

A much better review is the Truck Trend long term review, where a publication that seems to prefer the HD side of the pick-up industry actually gave the Ridgeline a fair shake, and admitted that they put about double (24k) the miles on a year-long trial than they usually do for other vehicles.

A better review would be a side by side between the Tacoma, Frontier, Colorado, Ranger, Sport-Trac, and Dakota. There was a good mid-size review a few years back on www.pickuptrucks.com, filled with drivers who are VERY biased against the Ridgeline, but the site actually rated the RL the highest of the trucks reviewed.
post #16 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 PM

Color: Steel Blue Metallic

How much bigger is the Silverado or Ford Bed comapred to the RL? I looked at the used lot about a year ago...I think the ridge was just slightly shorter...

You can fit 4x8 drywall in the ridge can't you?
post #17 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Model Year: 2009
Color: Bali Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt View Post
How much bigger is the Silverado or Ford Bed comapred to the RL? I looked at the used lot about a year ago...I think the ridge was just slightly shorter...

You can fit 4x8 drywall in the ridge can't you?
I've done it.
post #18 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2008
Color: Polished Metal Metallic

Hi guys,

I'm a fellow RL owner. I picked up my Ridgeline last week and I've enjoyed every moment that I've driven it. I know Hondas and even I'm surprised with my RL.

The writer of that article clearly is a "troll" for another car company or an ignorant fool who has never spent more than a few minutes in a Ridgeline. I believe everyone is entitled to an honest opinion or review of our truck (or any car/truck) as long as he or she has sincerely and objectively tested one for a reasonable amount of time and researches his or her claims.

Clearly the Ridgeline is a capable truck that rides and handles better than most cars. It's more truck than many will ever need. But this greatness comes with the envy of others. It always will.

I'm very happy with my purchase and plan on enjoying my RL for years to come....

Last edited by mafi83; 08-16-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spellcheck
post #19 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Other

He also ripped on the MDX as well which is getting rave reviews from legitimate car sites.

-Mike
Former 2006 NHBP RTS Operator
Current 2015 Subaru WRX Driver.
post #20 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2007

If I get a reply to my email to the editor of that site, I will let everyone know the outcome.

Hunter bull bar
Truxedo soft tonneau
Dynolock tailgate lock
IPod dock

Future:
Remote Windows UP
Window tint
2" lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode