Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER! - Page 3 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2008
Color: Polished Metal Metallic
Re: Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanML View Post
He also ripped on the MDX as well which is getting rave reviews from legitimate car sites.

That's funny! My wife just bought a 2010 MDX Advance / Tech and she loves it. Not to mention most people also compliment the MDX for its looks (inside and out) features and performance. The only flaw I see in the MDX is I feel the accelaration is a bit sluggish when in full auto mode. The Ridgeline's throttle feels more responsive on the highway or when changing lanes at a steady pace.

But I will admit I AM BIASED toward Hondas. My other two cars are an '01 Acura Type-R and an '08 Civic Si 4door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2009
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Kind of telling that he would post his article without any way of contacting him to respond.

Some would even say cowardly...

This is what passes for journalism these days.

Tom Dunn
2009 RTL, Dark Cherry Pearl.
2003 Element EX AT 4WD, Eternal Blue Pearl
2006 Piaggio X9 (500 cc maxi scooter)
2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500 (500cc maxi scooter)
post #23 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model Year: 2006
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt View Post
How much bigger is the Silverado or Ford Bed comapred to the RL? I looked at the used lot about a year ago...I think the ridge was just slightly shorter...

You can fit 4x8 drywall in the ridge can't you?
Most crew cab trucks (speaking about full size Chevy, Ford, Dodge) are about 5'5" long with the tailgate up. They're 1/2 foot longer than the RL and a little wider, and a little deeper. I believe the RL's bed is comparable, and slightly wider and deeper than other mid-size short bed p'ups. The RL will hold the 4x8 drywall, but will hang over the lowered tailgate by about 1 1/2 feet. I'd tie your load down, but you'll be fine.

post #24 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 03:32 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model Year: 2010
Color: White / Beige

There is no greater display of ignorance....than the expression of an uninformed opinion.
post #25 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 03:41 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray

What about the comment, "Sure, my old Fordís bed may have looked like hell after its three-and-half decades of service, but it wasnít anything that couldnít be remedied by a spray in bedliner. The Ridgeline, on the other hand, may find its bed has simply worn away just after half that period of time".

OK...can't put a spray in bedliner in a RL bed? Also, "worn away"...? Has anybody "worn away" a RL bed?

I especially love the "Of course, further inspection of the body brought up a few other sore points with the truckís build; most notably that downright atrocious panel alignment and subsequently irregular gaps all over the place.", comment. I think he was looking at that "borrowed" pickup he spoke so fondly of.

What a moron. Well said, 3ftputt...well said...

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #26 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Send a message via AIM to Redridercr250r
Angry Re: Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER!

He should have a word with the writers of motor trend since it was named 2006 TRUCK OF THE EFFIN YEAR!!!
post #27 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridercr250r View Post
He should have a word with the writers of motor trend since it was named 2006 TRUCK OF THE EFFIN YEAR!!!
Great point! I'd like to read what positive points MT made, that he did not agree with.

Honda North, ClovisCA Sales 4 Service 3.5 (out of 5)
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
post #28 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 06:14 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: SPORT
Model Year: 2014
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Send a message via Yahoo to steveberger

There is so much wrong with his comments that I don't belive he drove one. Maybe he looked at one in a dealership.

The object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride"!
post #29 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

I don't know why he didnt mention that this truck is WAY slower than a corvette.
post #30 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner

I'm ashamed to live in the same part of the country as this dolt. I apologize on behalf of my fellow BC'ers. This guys is an idiot.

I just read the part about the door trim (WTF?) has he even sat in a RL? I don't see how it is possible to rest your arm on the seam where the two interior panels meet, that's down beside the arm rest. Is he talking about the top of the trim near the window? I can see maybe a molding issue on the very edge, but that seems like an awkward way of resting your arm (there is an arm rest) besides isn't there something about not putting part of your body there due to the airbag sensor? His article is so poorly written that its almost impossible to understand his intent. He must have had a deadline and nothing to write about so he picked what he thought would be an easy target.

Funny, when he talks about driving his old massive truck in Vancouver and people staying out of his way - probably due to all the blue smoke trailing from it. I see these beasts on the road all the time - they're nothing to look longingly at. As a matter of fact, most should be legislated off the road so we and our children can breath. This guy is living in the stone age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode