Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER! - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige
Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER!

This guy just doesn't have a clue. He compares the Ridgeline to the typical misconstrued competitor, the Avalanche and the Hummer truck which you can't even get anymore and then compares it to some huge purpose built off road vehicle he grew up with.

I think the article writer had a bad day or his dog died the day before he wrote this article because all he does is bash the Ridgeline.

http://www.carguideweb.com/articles/8231/

I anxiously await this guys next article when he does head to head comparison between a Cessna 172 and a F-22.

I could compare the truck that he describes in the 1st few paragraphs to an Abrams M1A1 tank and my article would be just as fair.

2006 RTL w/o Navi & 2007 RTX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Re: Possibly the most retarded article on the Ridgeline EVER!

It is obvious Mr. Fritter had it in for the Ridgeline all along. He compares the Ridgeline to work trucks without taking the time to understand why this truck was built and the intended target market. Without that consideration, any reviewer will miss the mark completely. As such, I would pay little attention to what he has to say.
post #3 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:36 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2009
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

Agreed, this guy is clueless. It seems most reviewers love to compare the Ridgeline to typical trucks(which of course it isn't.) I sometimes wish that Honda would have named it something other than a truck, thus there would be nothing to compare it to. Then most people would see it for what it is...one great vehicle.

post #4 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 AM
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Surprise: A Ridgeline is not the same vehicle as his rusted-out F-250.

He probably complains that the ride in a Lexus LS-460 is too soft, too.

Chip H.
post #5 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Other

What a noob. Especially the assumptions he made about us owners.

-Mike
Former 2006 NHBP RTS Operator
Current 2015 Subaru WRX Driver.

Last edited by SpartanML; 08-19-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: For having the guts to show up, I have adjusted my original statement.
post #6 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:53 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model Year: 2009
Color: Bali Blue Pearl

"..one of the best things a Vancouverite can do is to get themselves out of Vancouver. Be it north or east, two hours time is all it really takes to remove yourself from the condensed urban sprawl, with another two hours being sufficient to remove yourself from nearly all human contact in some of the most gorgeous scenery planet Earth...

...And while the Ridgeline’s transverse 3.5L V6 and VTM-4 all-wheel drive system may work wonders in the desert (the Ridgeline is a class winner at the gruelling Baja 1000 stock mini class), its low ground clearance and smaller-diameter, street-oriented tires conspire against it here in the more technically challenging Canadian north...."

Okay, 4 hours north of Vancouver is exactly where I live, it is hardly the "challenging Canadian north" (another 10 hours north might do it) and it is the perfect environment for a Ridgeline. Quite a boneheaded comment. Giving Vancouverites a bad name. Surprising he actually mentioned the Baja win though.

"The worst offender, by far though, has to be the door panel. Molded in two halves, the casting line runs atop the door’s interior panel, providing a nice sharp plastic edge for you to rest your arm on.."

Can't you picture him now? Driving down the road wearing his Rice Killer T-shirt in his loud jacked-up Ford hanging him arm out in a ready to one finger poise. Anybody else drive around with their arm on the door? I am a right arm on the console resting type...

"...the North American buyer has no need for such novelties, or a unibody car-cum-truck..."

Well excuse me, but I am a North American buyer, and have the need, so once again you are out to left field.

"...We should juisy be thankful it’s on its way to the same fate."

It is quite easy to make comments looking at previous sales statistics after the fact and make predictions about the future of a vehicle. Where was his foresight in 2006? Maybe he would make a good stockbroker in recommending stocks that have already gone up?

Even if it ceases production I think the Ridgeline has a better career as a vehicle than him as a credible journalist.
post #7 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:01 AM

Model: RT
Model Year: 2007
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Garage

obviously he just like Fords and a Honda is foreign, it seems it's foreign to the reviewer also, I wonder if he really test drove one to give it a proper review, not saying the RL is perfect, but it's alot better than any of the Big 3, he also talks about the "plastic box" what I don't think he realizes is that if a panel needs to be replaced in the RL box, you just unbolt it and replace the panel instead of replacing the whole box or doing a lot of welding, bondo work, priming and painting to replace just a panel. Oh yes, I believe the payload on the RL is higher than most 1/2 ton trucks. I could keep ranting but I'll just let losers be losers.
post #8 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Rib
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic

Why did I buy this thing?
post #9 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model Year: 2008
Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic

The only good fritter's are FRIED.

The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor...Vince Lombardi
post #10 of 237 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club

Location: Washington,DC Pax River Naval Air Station Area Southern Maryland
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Wow this guy does not understand the target buyer of the Ridgeline.
The lockable in-bed trunk is one of the main selling points of the Ridgeline to many. Dodge tried to put storage bins on the sides of their pick-up. But this is not a true trunk like a car. We can store & carry full size Ice coolers in the in-bed trunk or other types of gear. Its not a big work truck but it is a nice size truck with car like ride & comfort. I don't need an off road vehicle if they wan't to make another version of the Ridgeline for this fine. I say its a Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway, Giant Food, Sams , BJs ect type using truck. Then you can load a small family in it a take a long highway trip in comfort & plenty of storage space & utility. Then you could tow a small boat or trailer with room in the truck to spare. This is what most of the target buyers of the Ridgeline got it for.

2007 DARK CHERRY PEARL/BEIGE RTLNAV
OEM FOGLIGHTS+ BLACK TUBE SIDE STEPS+ FENDER FLARES+ BACK-UP CAM +TONNEAU COVER+
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers
Honda Ridgeline Truck Utility with Crossover DriveAbility & Versatility
2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode