Honda’s Most Important Vehicle: A New Honda Ridgeline - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2007
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
Re: Honda’s Most Important Vehicle: A New Honda Ridgeline

Interesting analogy. You may be right.

However there really is nothing else on the market with the same unique architecture as the Ridgeline. Much of the handling and ride attributes we enjoy are due to the integrated unibody/ladder frame structure.

Comparing the RL to any other truck is apples and oranges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk miller View Post
Interesting analogy. You may be right.

However there really is nothing else on the market with the same unique architecture as the Ridgeline. Much of the handling and ride attributes we enjoy are due to the integrated unibody/ladder frame structure.

Comparing the RL to any other truck is apples and oranges.
I agree, and the same thing that makes it unique gets under the skin of some big truck addicts as a difference they can not live with. Of course, all this supposition without even driving it, except in their minds, which means they don't drive it very far!

Honda North, ClovisCA Sales 4 Service 3.5 (out of 5)
Private Mechs:
Kurata Automotive, Fresno
Charlies Automotive, Clovis

Home of the Free, because of the Brave!
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 07:44 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: VP
Model Year: 2009
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiph View Post
There have been Ridgeline advertisements in the past - but they were ... bizarre.

Chuck Norris in a fancy restaurant. Wrestlers playing jumbo chess, etc.
Yes, and they led to plummetting sales... about the same sales as the current no-advertising approach. However, during the first 1-2 years, they had normal advertisements, showing the Ridgeline doing trucky things, and sales were at or near targets.

post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
Yes, and they led to plummetting sales... about the same sales as the current no-advertising approach. However, during the first 1-2 years, they had normal advertisements, showing the Ridgeline doing trucky things, and sales were at or near targets.
Guess I missed those, Ian.

--
Matt, Connecticut
2010 Ridgeline RTL, BakFlip G2 cover, USA Spec iPod interface, Lund AVS Vent Visors from Burtman Industries, Lund AVS Hood Deflector from Tonneau Covers World and how to install, plated arch folding ramps from AllRamps, and a ROC Decal (white) (here)

Are you paying the dealer beaucoup $$'s to change your cabin air filter? Check out this all-time great thread!

post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 10:08 AM

Model: VP
Model Year: 2009
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerbudmatt View Post
Guess I missed those, Ian.
Here's one, sort of:

There is one with some guys towing a boat into cottage country. I could not find that one on-line.
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

I never saw that commercial, Ian. I think it is too short but pretty good overall. It shows several things that are unique to the Ridgeline. Wasn't there one of some fishermen being chased by a bear or something like that? I seem to recall seeing that commercial once or twice but it was a long time ago and all I really remember are the fishermen.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Here's one, sort of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDVUSblqhQ

There is one with some guys towing a boat into cottage country. I could not find that one on-line.
Thanks, Ian. I never saw that one, either. It actually shows the advantages of the Ridgeline (trunk, dual tailgate, awesome dune performance, hauling cycles, etc.), and I expect it would be raise some need in people if they saw it a few times and they started to identify with what Ridgeline could satisfy in them.

But, in the last scene, isn't that the "Rally" Ridgeline that Honda withdrew after the 2010 racing season? Probably explains a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
I never saw that commercial, Ian. I think it is too short but pretty good overall. It shows several things that are unique to the Ridgeline. Wasn't there one of some fishermen being chased by a bear or something like that? I seem to recall seeing that commercial once or twice but it was a long time ago and all I really remember are the fishermen.
So when you getting your boat?

--
Matt, Connecticut
2010 Ridgeline RTL, BakFlip G2 cover, USA Spec iPod interface, Lund AVS Vent Visors from Burtman Industries, Lund AVS Hood Deflector from Tonneau Covers World and how to install, plated arch folding ramps from AllRamps, and a ROC Decal (white) (here)

Are you paying the dealer beaucoup $$'s to change your cabin air filter? Check out this all-time great thread!

post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 02:34 PM

One other thing: it may just be a YouTube quirk, but the announcer almost swallows the line "To build and price your own Ridgeline…". Too bad, because it's definitely not an amateur hour ad.

--
Matt, Connecticut

post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
ROC Rank: 6k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Quote:
Here's one, sort of:

That's actually a decent commercial...and I have never seen that one before. Not surprising I have never seen it, though...as they never run RL commercials any more. I mean, I watched 2 rounds of the Honda Classic PGA Tour event...and not one RL commercial. It was like...seriously...an event sponsored by Honda and not 1 RL commercial...NOT ONE?!?! WTF?!?!?

Yes, there was a RL commercial...cut to an outdoor scene...4 guys riding in a RL and the RL is towing a boat. There is a bear standing in the middle of the road. One of the RL occupants runs around the back of the truck, opens up the tailgate in swing mode, opens up the trunk (and inside is a cooler), he opens up the cooler, grabs a fish, throws it off to the side of the road, the bear chases the fish, and they drive off. As they drive off, you hear one of the guys say, "Hey, was that my fish"?

Again, a good commercial...but I think I saw it all of two times.

Golf and Sex - Two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

RTL w/Nav and Sunroof, Running boards, Bug deflector, Leer Cap, OEM Hitch, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Weathertech Floor Mats, OEM Fogs w/Painted Bezels, OEM Side Door Protectors, '10 Pilot Touring Wheels, Kumho Road Venture KL61 Tires (New 05/14), new Monroe OE Spectrum Struts (New 05/13), RTX/Accessory Grill, Raybestos Professional Grade Rotors/Akebono pads (New 06/15), and Figs Hood Prop Kit.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 03:43 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Here are a few more Ridgeline commercials

BEST COMMERCIALS (my opinion)

Bear commercial mentioned previously

Herding commercial

WORST COMMERCIALS (might illustrate why sales have slowed)

Superbowl commercial

Saxophone commercial (probably one of the worse commercials ever)

LumberJack commercial

Chess commercial

Chuck Norris commercial

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode