Various Minor Issues in New Ridgeline Causing Second Thoughts? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Various Minor Issues in New Ridgeline Causing Second Thoughts?

I am in the market for a new 2017 RTL-T and would likely have purchased one by now if I could find the trim level and color combo I am looking for in Denver. I have been following this board for the last month and have noticed a lot of minor issues owners are having with their new Ridgelines.

None seem to be deal killers (except for GTRdone's lemon issue) but I am wondering if any other prospective buyers have been scared off by the problems and decided to buy a different vehicle. For those who are new Ridgeline owners, do you regret your purchase or are the problems so minor that you are still happy with your choice?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 08:56 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: RTL-T
Model Year: 2017
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Re: Various Minor Issues in New Ridgeline Causing Second Thoughts?

Other than being a flying lawn mower magnet, I have had 0 problems with my RTL-T. "No regerts"

-----
2016-Current 2017 Ridgeline RTL-T
2003-2016 03 Element DX- Modded to SC
2000-2003 98 Prelude
post #3 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 08:59 AM

Model: RTL-E
Color: White Diamond Pearl

Very happy with mine after two months. I think that you should factor in that most happy RL owners are not on this forum and that 'some' of those with issues specifically come to a forum to state the issue and seek out support and assistance (or solace!).

There was a poll early on and only one person answered saying they regret the purchase. I say inspect the vehicle judiciously (using our inspection list for help: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...checklist.html and go from there. Heck, you probably be like me and others and not find a single issue at all. My salesman said I inspected the truck more than he had ever seen prior to signing. I told him about my list from the ROC.

Good luck..if you choose to buy, you will be happy!
Andrew Diamond, Fritz1 and 2017BE like this.

post #4 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Agreed with above...you will get a sense of a lot more issues than in reality if you visit the forums. Check out Tacoma and Colorado forums, and you will see the same thing, but probably more so due to more of those vehicles out there in the wild.

The only reasons I haven't bought yet, are 1) dealers are still asking too much, and 2) extremely limited availability in my area.
post #5 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:09 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Modern Steel Metalic

Most of us don't start "My Ridgeline Has No Issues" threads so they are harder to find.
Border411 and Fritz1 like this.
post #6 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Color: Billet Silver Metallic

Vin in the 6000 range, NOT a single issue and I have been towing.
post #7 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:25 AM

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Concerned yes, deal killer no. Just typical first year issues, mainly build quality and QC failures. They'll get rectified with time. This is why I don't buy first year models, even from Honda.
post #8 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 09:40 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: BLACK
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
Garage

Going into my 3rd month with the BE (vin in 4000s) and still not a single problem. No regrets!

2009 Mocha Metallic RTL (sold)
2017 Black Edition
post #9 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Premium Member

Having not had any of the more major issues that some have experienced (malfunctioning tailgate, leaking transmission cooler, assorted warning messages due to bad connector, misaligned doors, differential pump, bubbled/peeling paint, whistling wind noise, etc.), I don't regret my decision to buy (~7,000 VIN here). The biggest complaints with mine are the rattles in the door and dash and the steering creak. Those would be minor things to most people and are things that can and do happen to any vehicle - first year of production or last. The "brake-and-shake" issue annoys me at times, but I don't consider this a defect as much as I consider it an undesired characteristic of the vehicle's design. So far, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
post #10 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
bkp
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL-T
Color: White Diamond Pearl

I'm a tad notorious for being an early adopter... Personality quirk...
That aside, at VIN ~3600, and having put it through its paces for a month and >1000 miles, I'd buy it again tomorrow. The successful high ticket product (I know, that's a relative term) doesn't exist that won't be improved upon in a year, or two, or three... And, I know too many people that keep waiting for just the next revision, model, enhancement, upgrade, etc., when it comes to tablets, smart watches, motorcycles, trucks, and so on... and all they're doing is killing lots of playtime.

However, today, Honda's put out a truck that makes me want to climb into it daily, makes me smile when I use some of the conveniences I'm glad I stretched for. I completely understand there might be better brakes, or user interface, or some other situation that can be improved. But, from a total package perspective, I'm *very* pleased...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Second Generation Ridgeline (2G 2017+) > 2G Problems, Fixes & TSB's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode