Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2012 rtl

5K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Hopper 
#1 ·
Dear Honda: Why did you remove the 'Dual' button from the 'Automatic Climate Control'? My brother's 2008 RTL w/'Automatic Climate Control' has this feature. Now I have to adjust 2 knobs to contol the inside temperature. How much could you have possibly saved, especially since we are still in 'Generation 1'?

Also, the 'one-touch' sunroof button that I had in my 2008 CRV would have been nice.

Otherwise, love the vehicle.

#4 ·
#9 · (Edited)
I've complained about this on here before, so here's my opportunity to do it again. I can count on one hand how many times I've had a passenger in my RL. Of those few times, I can't recall any where dual control would have come in handy. When I've had passengers in other vehicles with dual climate control, they almost always complain about excessive air flow from the vents rather than the temperature and usually end up closing off or moving their vents. Certainly, I'm not the only person in this situation.

Edit: I just remembered a couple of instances where dual control came in handy for me. One time I had some food that I wanted to keep hot, so I set it in the floorboard and turned the passenger side to "Hi". Another time I had some food I wanted to keep cold, so I set it in the floorboard and set the passenger side to "Lo".

#11 ·
To be fair…on the occasions my wife rides with me (normally rare, but we recently did a round trip to southwestern Virginia), the dual climate controls get worked a lot. The OP's complaint was about the loss of the synching button. I would love if the little sucker was there. But don't mess with my dual controls in general.

#12 ·
To be fair…on the occasions my wife rides with me (normally rare, but we recently did a round trip to southwestern Virginia), the dual climate controls get worked a lot. The OP's complaint was about the loss of the synching button. I would love if the little sucker was there. But don't mess with my dual controls in general.

#15 ·
My 2008 CRV was more sophisticated and so was the 2008 Ridgeline. In addition to the 'dual' button which put the HVAC into individual mode; if the passenger adjusted the temp. knob on their side of the vehicle, that also put the system into individual mode. The passenger did not have to touch the 'dual' button to put the system into individual mode, just their temperature knob.

#19 ·
Whoa!! Another after-market opportunity! Honda branded rubber bands. Choice of color and textures.
Optional 'precision' gear driven system available on request.

#20 ·
Having lived with this "feature loss" for two years now, I find that it is no big deal. 99% of the time, I never change the temperature anyway. The 1% of the time that I do, it takes less than 2 seconds extra to turn the passenger knob - faster than the time it takes to press the "listen" button and say "temperature sync" or "temperature balance". (I prefer to say "balance" because the nice lady in the unit says "sync" much faster and at a higher pitch than all other commands. The fact she sounds like she's in a hurry when saying "sync" has always bugged me far more than having to adjust the second knob.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.