Trade In Value Or Sell Value Of Rl - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Trade In Value Or Sell Value Of Rl

I 've checked the usual (edmund, kelly, nada) none of them list the Ridgeline. I would like to find out the value of my truck, how do I do that??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2007
Color: Other
Re: Trade In Value Or Sell Value Of Rl

Good question, but I'm sorta happy I can not answer I checked thru car max as they usually have pricing on used cars/trucks... but they have no ridgelines in thier inventory! Thats the good news...Ridgeline is so good, few must trade them in.
On the other hand, looking for any domestic (used) current year model car.. look at carmax, odds are good you would fine one or more I checked Hummer H2 for grins... they have "3" 2005's in inventory in the chicago market
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2008

It will be interesting to see what happens to trade-in values once a few get traded/sold. Not that I'm looking to sell but I'm a little concerned that the recent dramatic discounting will hurt the value of the Ridgelines sold way back in the beginning (I could buy a Nav-equipped RTL for less than what I paid for my RTL w/moonroof back in March).
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 11:47 AM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

You already know the answer to that question. Couple this with the fact that the 2006 Ridgeline is a low volume/low demand vehicle, and get ready for sticker shock at trade-in time. I would venture to say that it may have the highest depreciation factor of any Honda vehicle ever produced. Honda just plain blew it.

Shovelhd media installation thread
Kenwood DDX8019*Garmin KNA-G510 Nav 2009 Maps*KCA-BT200 Bluetooth*KTC-HR100 HD Radio Tuner*KTC-V500N TV Tuner (RIP)*KCA-iP200 iPod Adapter*SIR-KEN1 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner with Lifetime Subscription*Webb OEM XM Antenna Conversion*PPI DCX-730 DSP*Eclipse XA4000 Mains Amp*Rockford-Fosgate T1500bd Sub Amp*Rainbow SLC 265 Front Components*Rainbow 165 SL Rear Coaxials*(2) Diamond Audio D610D4 Subs in Custom Subthump Box*KP Technologies Rollup Modules

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: SPORT
Model Year: 2014
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Send a message via Yahoo to steveberger

I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!

The object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride"!
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

I have been looking for this as well but I don't beleive we will see anything until next year.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Green With Envy Moderator

Color: Amazon Green / Olive
Send a message via AIM to zero

I don't know if Honda 'blew it' or if they released this vehicle at the wrong time (rising gas proces and deep discounts from the competitors).

When we have no thought of achievement, no thought of self, we are true beginners. Then we can really learn something.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:47 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model Year: 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveberger
I still don't think they blew it quite as bad as GM, Ford, et. al. How would you like to have paid $35,000 for a vehicle just before they started thier 25%
"family" discounts. You would be lucky to get $20,00 for that vehicle less than a year later!
I learned the hard way with 2 Chevys... less than 50% of what I paid. Both were less than 1 year old. 04 Tahoe and 03 Trailblazer... never again!!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Trade in value of the RidgeLine??
PRICELESS!!
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Just for ha-has, I think I'll swing by my Honda, and ask them to give me a price and see what they say. Let you know hasta maniana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > ROC Member Central > Trading Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode