Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

New '08 coming!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Jack 
#1 ·
Hey there folks! I just signed the papers on an '08 RT and will be getting it from the dealer Friday or Saturday. Traded my '05 F150 in on it, and I'm hoping I gain at least a little gas mileage since I make long trips each weekend.

This'll be my first Honda, aside from an old three-wheeler and a sportsman, it's also my first import. I'm used to American half-tons, but don't use them for much more than carrying the toys around anymore so I'm giving the ridge a try.

Any good mods for these going on? Performance, interior, exterior? Big fan of DIY innovations!

Oh, and enlighten me, why do some Hondas have gold wings and lettering? I know they put them on the fancier models

#3 ·
Comgrats and welcome to ROC from Florida.

#4 ·
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to ROC. Pictures would be great. You will enjoy the ride on your new RL. I know I did when I went from a solid rear axle to four wheel independent suspension.

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

#9 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I'll get some pictures Friday.

She's bone stock for now, but I'll be doing a few mods here and there when I've got some extra money laying around and I will post how-to's as I go since there aren't too many posted yet I see and I enjoy tinkering with new things

I just hope the gas mileage beats the F150, driving back home each weekend is killing my wallet these days

#10 ·
If I had any advice about getting decent mileage in the Ridge, it would be on the open highway as much as possible, drive with a steady foot, watch the ups and downs on the throttle, and really important, keep it under 70. I just returned from a run from DC to Boston and back, almost all interstate, and by staying at about 65, I got 23.7 MPG. That's with 3 people and luggage. On the way back I pushed it to 75 - 80 and dropped to 19.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.