Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

So what are you trading in on your Ridgeline?

20K views 138 replies 124 participants last post by  skeive 
#1 ·

It'll be interesting to see what sort of "conquest" sales the
Ridgeline brings, as well as what sort cars, SUV's are
surrendered in favor of the Ridgeline.

Mine will include a BMW 335 sedan [twin turbo, manual] as
well as my well worn, stone reliable Tacoma with 178,000
miles.

What are you going to trade in, sell or substitute for your
Ridgeline?

Mike

#31 ·
The '11 Ridgeline RTL, black, 70k miles, Retrax cover on box.

Online sites compute it's worth about $16k trade-in. EBay shows this truck just about everywhere with $23k asking price.

I'm in Denver area so could probably get $21k on a private sale which when doing the numbers for tax, makes me $3,500 better for going through the hassle.

Here's what's funny. My black color is worth LESS than any other color, per the online calculators.

What's up, Honda?

#35 ·
In late 2014 I bought a new F250 crew cab 4x4 diesel to pull our 5th wheel. We had recently retired and thought that RVing might be enjoyable.
It wasn't, so this year I sold the 5th wheel and the truck.
So, no trade-in, but I am going to wait for Honda to get the 'new model' bugs out of the Ridgeline before I buy one.
Until then when I need to haul something I'll hook up my Costco/Home Depot utility trailer to my wife's 2003 Chevy Tracker.

#42 ·
Ford F-150 AND Honda Accord

Just purchased my RTL-E 2 days ago.

Traded my 2013 Ford F-150 Crew Cab (first pickup ever owned) AND my wife's 2010 Honda Accord (she a long-time Honda fan).
Seems the G2 provides the best of the various 'worlds' I live in: A 'truck' that my wife can and actually will drive (and likes to drive)... AND a 'techy' car with all the bells and whistles and modern convenience features we both like... AND a vehicle with a usable and lockable trunk that I can keep my tools and such in, but out of sight and out of the way unless I need them (in the F-150 they lived in the crew cab... but had to be moved when we wanted to carry extra passengers)... AND a ride that can handle the various utility trailers and mid-range towing and payload I regularly take on but still fit reasonably well in the garage... AND a 4-5 person capable (in a pinch) 'SUV-ish' vehicle that will do most everything else we want to do.

#44 ·
Traded in a 9 month old '16 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab Ltd 4x4. The sticker on the Taco was $41769, the sticker on the RTL-E was $42270. My youngest son, a police officer, just drove the RL and said: "I wouldn't feel bad about losing money turning the Tacoma in, this Ridgeline is worth thousands more than the Tacoma. you didn't lose money by trading, you got a much better vehicle."

That, right there, says it all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.