About to pull the trigger need some last minute advice - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 01:20 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL-E
Model Year: 2017
Color: Deep Scarlet Pearl
Re: About to pull the trigger need some last minute advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14v6 View Post
I think all RL's have the "shake" if you look for it. Also see if you like the brake pedal feel. Not sure about the hesitation. I think it exists. I also notice it in my Accord and I think the RL (AWD) but you have to be getting on the gas kind of hard out of a corner. It's rare IMO. Most importantly, your build date on the sticker by the driver's rocker panel should be a fairly recent within the last month or so. Although minor, when I picked mine up there were "body plugs" in the console as well as a cover for the shift lock. These items were checked off as addressed on the pre delivery inspection list which I signed. Obviously my dealer just checked all of the items off and who knows what they really did. There was a razor blade on the floor and the positive battery terminal cover was in the up position. The forum helped me out on the body plugs I had no idea what they were but I just installed myself. A month or so after I got the RL, the H on the tailgate was loose. It's held in by pins and double sided tape. I took it off removed the tape and purchased some of the same size double sided tape and reinstalled. It wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer for the navi code and radio code. The actual codes and not how to get them. I'm not sure what the procedure is for an E. You should have 2 key fobs one of which will have a white attachment denoting a key code and the brake controller wire connector.

Paint imperfections, panel gaps/fit leaks. If you find any issue don't let the dealer explain it away. It may be an inconvenience but there will always be another RL. Small chance that you will have any issues with the truck itself and you know what to look for so good luck to you and enjoy the E.
I gotta print this out! my head is spinning from trying to find all the items and issues to check when I pick up my new baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 03:52 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWoodburn View Post
I bought my RL the beginning of December. A friend recommended I join this site. I kept hearing these horror stories and thought what am I getting into. Apparently nothing because I have had none of the issues described.

Mine was beyond the wiring harness issue. That little cable thingy you need for towing was in the glove box. No odd sounds, nothing, I love this truck as much or more than the day we drove it home. Every machine has the ability to have something go wrong but remember for every one person who says they have this issue or that, there are probably hundreds that will never have those issues or any issues at all.

I can say my RL has never hesitated but I do have the AWD.
Ditto #2. Mine did have a strange wind noise above 70 mph, but the dealer identified the cause and fixed it immediately. As far as the shake after stopping, if mine has it I'm unaware of its presence. Now have ~3800 miles on odometer and have zero regrets, including color choice. I plan to keep this truck for 20 years. My only complaint stems from growing up at a time of rotary phones and black & white TV sets, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the infotainment and navigation systems. Intend on hiring a teenager to ride around with me
PS-like you I read all the posts on ROC.com and watched the videos. As a result I had pre-purchased a screen saver, but delayed putting in on. The first couple of weeks my screen had tons of fingerprints all over it, but I found as I mastered more of the steering wheel controls I touched the screen far, far less and now am unlikely to use the screen saver. Fingerprints are easily removed with microfiber cloth.

Last edited by PETDOC; 02-14-2017 at 04:01 AM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETDOC View Post
Ditto #2. Mine did have a strange wind noise above 70 mph, but the dealer identified the cause and fixed it immediately. As far as the shake after stopping, if mine has it I'm unaware of its presence. Now have ~3800 miles on odometer and have zero regrets, including color choice. I plan to keep this truck for 20 years. My only complaint stems from growing up at a time of rotary phones and black & white TV sets, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the infotainment and navigation systems. Intend on hiring a teenager to ride around with me
PS-like you I read all the posts on ROC.com and watched the videos. As a result I had pre-purchased a screen saver, but delayed putting in on. The first couple of weeks my screen had tons of fingerprints all over it, but I found as I mastered more of the steering wheel controls I touched the screen far, far less and now am unlikely to use the screen saver. Fingerprints are easily removed with microfiber cloth.
I was actually going to update my post and ask about the screen and fingerprints so thank you for bringing that up. I've heard the horror stories but I'm glad to hear it hasn't been an issue for you. I hate fingerprints on my phone so I usually carry around a microfiber cloth as weird as that sounds and wipe the phone down a few times a day. So I should feel right at home with the Ridgeline screen lol

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5ive View Post
I hate fingerprints on my phone so I usually carry around a microfiber cloth as weird as that sounds and wipe the phone down a few times a day. So I should feel right at home with the Ridgeline screen lol
On second thought you may want to buy a screen saver. I ignore fingerprints on my iPad to the point that my wife, who has her own iPad, has cleaned mine because she can't stand looking at them. Learn to use the steering wheel controls then make a decision. If by then you find you need a screen saver contact me, I may be willing to give you a good price on mine.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:25 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Quote:
I was actually going to update my post and ask about the screen and fingerprints so thank you for bringing that up. I've heard the horror stories but I'm glad to hear it hasn't been an issue for you. I hate fingerprints on my phone so I usually carry around a microfiber cloth as weird as that sounds and wipe the phone down a few times a day. So I should feel right at home with the Ridgeline screen lol
And I though my wife was bad.......

What color is your soon to be RTL-E?

2017 Deep Scarlet Pearl RTL-E
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSERVIT View Post
And I though my wife was bad.......

What color is your soon to be RTL-E?
Based on our comments probably not Deep Scarlet Pearl
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

It is indeed going to be deep scarlet pearl. My last car was a similar color and my wife's accord is that color and we like it.
DSERVIT likes this.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:07 PM

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
I gotta print this out! my head is spinning from trying to find all the items and issues to check when I pick up my new baby!
Well if that list is making your head spin, be sure to check out this thread. List of Factory Defects (pre-delivery checklist)

2015 Fit LX, CVT, Alabaster Silver, Build Date, 12/14

2006 Ridgeline RTS, Steel Blue, Build Date 03/05

1996 Del Sol S, Grenada Black, Build Date 02/96
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:20 PM

Model: RTL-T
Color: Crystal Black Pearl

Quote:
Well you are in luck, they give you a microfiber along with the truck. Since I turn off the stereo when I order food through a drive through you can see every little print. Since I seem to pick the worst time to get food I usually have enough time to buff it spotless. I also use the controls on the steering wheel. I like buttons that have texture so I can control it without looking down, can't do that with the touchscreen.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It is indeed going to be deep scarlet pearl. My last car was a similar color and my wife's accord is that color and we like it.
You're going to absolutely love the color. In bright sun it appears deep crimson with a sparkle and during overcast skies turns to a rich chocolate color. Beige interior is beautiful. I got the Honda all weather floor mats, which are very, very nice, but had to replace front ones with Weathertech because factory driver's side mat will not protect area where your left foot rests or as high on the inner right side. Honda mats are better material so I left the rear one on passenger floor.
PS-Not sure who came up with scarlet as name for the color but in normal color chart it is best match for crimson. Perhaps they were watching Gone With The Wind when they had to come up with name for the color.

Last edited by PETDOC; 02-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode