Why should I buy a Honda Ridgeline over an F150 Lariat - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: *Not a Ridgeline owner
Model Year: 2008
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
Why should I buy a Honda Ridgeline over an F150 Lariat

I can get a loaded Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew Cab for the same price as what I'm being quoted for a Honda RTL with Navi. Ridgeline fuel economy is rated 16/21 but questionable from all that I have read. F150 is 15/19. I don't need the 4X4 and in fact if the RL came in 4X2, I'd likely take that version instead. I live in Florida and I have zero need for 4X4. What is it about the Ridgeline that should make me buy it over the F150? Afterall, the F150 is much roomier inside and in my opinion the interior is nicer than the same old cheap plastic appearing interior of the Honda. I'd be interested to hear why I should buy the Honda instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 08:36 AM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2007
Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic
Re: Why should I buy a Honda Ridgeline over an F150 Lariat

what did they quote you for a price?
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 08:41 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTS
Color: White / Beige

I would compare resale value and visit some ford forums to see what issues if any the F150 is presenting to their owners. I had the Ridgeline up against the Explorer Sport Trac. For me it came down to Honda vs Ford and in that respect, it is not even close. Good luck.

2007 Stormtrooper White RTS
Rear Mudflaps, Air Deflector, Vent Shades, Scangauge II, 25% Tint, Stormtrooper Sticker, Roof Rack, 18" Chrome Rims, so far.
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I would compare resale value and visit some ford forums to see what issues if any the F150 is presenting to their owners. I had the Ridgeline up against the Explorer Sport Trac. For me it came down to Honda vs Ford and in that respect, it is not even close. Good luck.
thats not a bad idea. you might be able to get some info on the fuel mileage. from what im told by some friends that the f150 milage is not what they advertise.

good luck
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Rline View Post
what did they quote you for a price?
Honda RTL w/Navi $28,900 plus TTL (includes trailer hitch, side steps, roof rack)

Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat $28,709 (options include leather captain's chairs, trailer tow package, power sliding rearview window, reverse sensing system, 5" chrome tubular step rails, 6cd changer with aux. input jack and mp3 capability, chrome exhaust, universal garage door opener, limited slip with 3.55 axle ratio).

I can't go on reliability either because after wandering around here on the Ridgeline Forum the past 3 months I have become semi-paranoid with all the issues the RL has had.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintanaRooster View Post
Honda RTL w/Navi $28,900 plus TTL (includes trailer hitch, side steps, roof rack)

Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat $28,709 (options include leather captain's chairs, trailer tow package, power sliding rearview window, reverse sensing system, 5" chrome tubular step rails, 6cd changer with aux. input jack and mp3 capability, chrome exhaust, universal garage door opener, limited slip with 3.55 axle ratio).

I can't go on reliability either because after wandering around here on the Ridgeline Forum the past 3 months I have become semi-paranoid with all the issues the RL has had.
that also scared me but if you take a closer look most of the problems are on the 06s and some on the early production 07s i just bought a 07 nimbus gray rtl w/navi and i love it.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:27 AM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue / Gray

That's not fair. There are plenty of very early '06's like mine that haven't had any problems. This is a myth promoted by '07 owners.

If you don't need 4WD/AWD then I would get the Ford. It's the most important feature of the ridgeline. The ride would be second, but since you live in FL with their perfect, flat roads, it won't matter.

Shovelhd media installation thread
Kenwood DDX8019*Garmin KNA-G510 Nav 2009 Maps*KCA-BT200 Bluetooth*KTC-HR100 HD Radio Tuner*KTC-V500N TV Tuner (RIP)*KCA-iP200 iPod Adapter*SIR-KEN1 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner with Lifetime Subscription*Webb OEM XM Antenna Conversion*PPI DCX-730 DSP*Eclipse XA4000 Mains Amp*Rockford-Fosgate T1500bd Sub Amp*Rainbow SLC 265 Front Components*Rainbow 165 SL Rear Coaxials*(2) Diamond Audio D610D4 Subs in Custom Subthump Box*KP Technologies Rollup Modules

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:27 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTX
Color: Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintanaRooster View Post
I can get a loaded Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew Cab for the same price as what I'm being quoted for a Honda RTL with Navi. Ridgeline fuel economy is rated 16/21 but questionable from all that I have read. F150 is 15/19. I don't need the 4X4 and in fact if the RL came in 4X2, I'd likely take that version instead. I live in Florida and I have zero need for 4X4. What is it about the Ridgeline that should make me buy it over the F150? Afterall, the F150 is much roomier inside and in my opinion the interior is nicer than the same old cheap plastic appearing interior of the Honda. I'd be interested to hear why I should buy the Honda instead.
Sounds like you already made your decision! Good luck with your Lariat.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's own ignorance."
'07 Billet Silver Metallic RTX, Roof Rack, Rear Splash Guards, OEM Tonneau Cover, Underseat Cargo Tray, Cargo Net, Trunk Liner, Painted Wade OE Bugshield, Vent Shades, Tinted Front Windows, Color-Matched Mirrors, Protecta Bedliner, Garmin Nuvi 360
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKridgeline View Post
Sounds like you already made your decision! Good luck with your Lariat.
Here's why I haven't made my decision: I'm not sure I want to be driving a full-size truck around again. I used to drive a Titan and I liked it but what a pain in the you know what in parking lots. I think it's because of the paranoia that has been instilled in me from this forum that I haven't pulled the trigger on the Ridgeline. For instance, I read about the paint issues. I go over to the Honda dealer the other day all set to pull the trigger on a white ridgeline and sure as horseflies on ****, damn'd if there wasn't chips of paint missing where the plastic bumper seams with the front driver's side metal panel. Then I inspect the bumper even more and there were additional blemishes in the bumper paint and the bumper was a slightly different white than the rest of the vehicle's metallic painted surfaces. And this was on a brand new RL with 6 miles on it.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Formal Black

It took me reaching the age of 40 to realize that initial price is important, but residual value has even more bearing on true cost to own (unless you drive your vehicles for 7+ years, which makes initial price the only factor). Do a comparo of Nada values (or KBB or Edmunds) between an 06 RTL RL and an 06 F150 trimmed out as close to the one you are considering. Might be surprised to see what you find. HTH.

Just ASK - as in Just Amy, Scott and Kyle

'07 RL RTX
'11 Accord SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode