About to pull the trigger, but need some help... - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Me2
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver Metallic
About to pull the trigger, but need some help...

This will be my first new car, and I was hoping for a little help so I don't get taken.

I'm looking to get an RTL with navigation. No dealer installed options. There are a couple that I'll be getting later on, and I'll install them myself.

What's the invoice price, and what should I expect to pay? What are the legitimate extra fees that I will need to pay (destination, tax, registration, etc.)?

My location is El Centro, CA. Any help is appreciated. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:33 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Re: About to pull the trigger, but need some help...

Congradulations on your first new car, I too am buying a RL this week before the $1000 to dealer rebate ends. Unlike you I have bought many new cars over the years and am amazed on all the "new" tricks and fees that they come up with. Here is a good web site on dealing with car dealers.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car2.htm

As far as fees that you should pay, IMO you should only pay the destination fee, any others are just padding that should be taken off prior to any serious talks with the dealer.

My biggest suggestion is to be ready to walk out, they will chase and call you later with a better deal.

Greg
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:18 AM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTS
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Send a message via MSN to Erock40

Make sure you check out www.edmunds.com you can find out the invoice price and what people in your area have been paying for the same RL.

And Congrats on the new RL

Erock40

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:22 AM
HBM

GET an internet quote from the 5 closest dealers from you. You'll save thousands of $$$$$$!!!!!, or if you dont mind driving to OC, I'll give you the name of my internet fleet guy...and he'll hook you up. PM if interested!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 AM

Model: RTS
Color: White / Beige
Send a message via Yahoo to Ludikrisspeed

I sell cars for Porsche, so here you go... Got to edmunds or kbb.com and look up what invoice is for the car you are buying at whatever trim level you are buying, and you can also look at the true market value number (that's what most people are paying for the vehicle). Depending on where you live, and inventory levels, you should be able to buy a honda at, or below invoice pricing. I got my RTS for about $400 less than invoice. Yes, honda dealers get hold-back, but profit is acceptable... just as long as it's not too much. You also need to shop your financing.... this is another big area that dealers can make profit. Go to your own bank and see what the best interest rate you will get is, and then check with the honda dealer... take the best rate. If you have a trade in, you need to shop that as well... take it to carmax or some kind of place that will just buy your car, and see what they will pay for it. At some dealerships, a dealer fee is mandatory, but you can put that into the equation, and it might mean you can go to another dealership, but as in our case, customers are willing to pay our dealer fee for the service they receive here. A big factor to think of is where are you going to service your honda... try to buy from the dealership where you will be servicing. Those customers [U]always[U] come first.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hope this helps
Kris
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Me2

Great info, thanks a lot. When does that rebate end, and what are the specifics of it?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 AM

I just bought my new RTS last week an am really enjoying it. I got this truck fot 26,100. I Emailed the internet manager the Car's Direct.com price and asked her to beat it. After all of my research I found in my area that this price was a good one to deal from. She took another 100 off and gave me free rear mud flaps. The destination fee was included in the price. Hope this helps!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 01:37 PM

Color: White / Beige

I just got an RTL (no nav) for 27400. Carsdirect list price was 28600. Definitely ask for quotes thru the internet. Highest internet quote was 28900. I'm in SF Bay Area.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Me2

Thanks for the advice. Did some research on the net, and now I'll see what the local dealer can do for me this weekend.

Keep the suggestions coming...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Send a message via AIM to Toobuku Send a message via Yahoo to Toobuku Send a message via Skype™ to Toobuku

Hey Me2, avoid the saleman! Go directly to the fleet sales manager and deal with him. All he wants to do is get the truck off the lot!

TOUCHDOWN, RAAAIDERS! FIGHT ON SC! GO DODGERS! AND LAKERS!

'Let No One Steal Your Joy!'
Tony, The Ridgeline Raider!
http://www.eventfulvisualmoments.com

Check out the 2006 Honda Ridgeline Portfolio, 3rd Edition Modifications to the smooth jazz sounds of Enigma and Praful on the you tube link below.
http://youtu.be/AykFzG9q5ow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode