LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2009
Color: Sterling Gray Metallic
Pull the Trigger??

help...

my father-in-law has RL and I've had my eye on it for a couple of years...

finally ready to pull the trigger, but I always have a hard time going too high on price and usually settle on a mid-mileage with a few more features and a lower price point

that being said...

$18888 (got them down to $19,600 out the door) for an '09 Sterling Gray RTS w/ 60k miles

http://infinitidallas.sewell.com/web...as-TX/1290518/

should I be deterred by the 60k mileage? I see lots posted w/ higher mileage for the same or slightly less $

clean carfax, drove it yesterday and it all seems in great shape...just wanted to make sure I'm not getting in over my head w/ the mileage...I drive about 15k a year

thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic
Re: Pull the Trigger??

Jump! That's a great price! 60k on a honda is just barely broken in. I had a 2003 accord with 103k when I traded it that ran like new, no major service. Traded that for a 2000 odyssey that I drove up until 165k with no major engine trouble. Had to replace the Tranny but that is par for the course with that series of odyssey. I just traded that recently and bought a 2006 RL RTL with 57k. Runs like a dream and I love it! Also my wife drives a 2005 Pilot with 115k and it runs like it is brand new and has never had any trouble. Hondas hold their value and are super reliable not to mention safe! Go for it you won't regret it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RT
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Thumbs up Re: Pull the Trigger??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddydiesel63 View Post
Jump! That's a great price! 60k on a honda is just barely broken in. I had a 2003 accord with 103k when I traded it that ran like new, no major service. Traded that for a 2000 odyssey that I drove up until 165k with no major engine trouble. Had to replace the Tranny but that is par for the course with that series of odyssey. I just traded that recently and bought a 2006 RL RTL with 57k. Runs like a dream and I love it! Also my wife drives a 2005 Pilot with 115k and it runs like it is brand new and has never had any trouble. Hondas hold their value and are super reliable not to mention safe! Go for it you won't regret it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I agree^^^^^^^ if you can afford it and the insurance --it's just now broken in

06 Ridgeline-RT-blue-K&N-no cat skid plate
13 Ridgeline-RTS-silver-K&N-mostly stock--wife's vehicle
02 Dodge diesel 4x4-chipped Diesel -tan--K&N --no muff
96 Lifted Geo Tracker 2 door--4x4
67 Camaro Red Z-28 4 speed
98 Jeep Wrangler (red)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 AM

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2008
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Send a message via AIM to verongome Send a message via Skype™ to verongome

I agree on the price. But how well is the condition? can you upload a few pics?

Last edited by verongome; 07-05-2013 at 05:06 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 AM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model: VP

Just make sure to have a pre-purchase inspection done by a mechanic of your choosing (who specifically knows Hondas).

The only problem with miles, which isn't much at 60K, is that more miles means more opportunity for a previous owner to have had something go wrong... collision, mechanical issue, poor maintenance, rodents in the wiring, etc. An independent inspection will minimise these risks by specifically looking for them in ways that you'll never discover from a test drive and a peek under the hood.

Best wishes on getting the ride you want!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Model: RTS

I pulled the trigger...VERY HAPPY w/ the purchase so far

the dealership has been amazing and has sterling reviews (like a 27 of 30 on google+) so I feel confident about that

talked them into 4 brand new tires and an alignment...so that was a nice bonus

here are some pics...I really feel good about it and it checked out mechanically!

I think, ultimately, I would have preferred an RTL...but this is a nice foray into the arena...and the trunk in the bed is awesome...I'm now going by "Magic Man"

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTL
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic

Looks great...as others have said, 60k is nothing. I bought mine 2 years ago with 90k, now has 126k and drives like a new one! Enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode