Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

looking for new audio

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  laserguy 
#1 ·
I have an 08 rt and want to get satelite radio and see it has an xm buton already on the stock radio. What diu I need to get this hooked up? I am also thinking about just getting a new in dash system with navi but have not found much. Can anyone give me some ideas or let me know what you have and what you like and dislike. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
To hook up your XM on factory HU? if you click on XM you normally hear a station with comercials on all channels. All you have to do is contact XM to activate it.

Head units with nav are convenient and come with many options, DVD, play cd's text display MP3, have usb ports to hook up your ipod, and control it with the radio, or a laptop, optional blue tooth to hear your calls through speakers, you can use the usb port for a memory stick with music folder to listen to music also. Navigation etc. the only thing is they can be costly. Check www.crutchfield.com to look for some options, stick with quality names like Kenwood, alpine, pioneer.

Keep in mind you will loose your steering wheel controls but for $60.00 extra you get a device that you can use to keep that control.

#4 ·
Correct, thanks for catching that 08 R RT, it will be more cost effective to get a new Radio. I failed to notice you had an RT, I have an RTL and it has steering controls and XM radio ready to to subscribe :act060:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.