Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2013 black sport running board, bullbar

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  chrismarko 
#1 ·
Could you guys recommend a set of running boards and bullbars that would like nice on a crystal black sport ridgeline. I would like them to match the black and silver rims of the sport. That, or I think all black would look pretty sweet on this black beast. Thanks!

On a side note, are both of these products fairly easy for a diy'er?

Todd

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
Most of the aftermarket running board/side steps are pretty easy to install as they use the existing threaded holes. Not sure about the bull bar, however I think you need to remove the bumper to install it. Good luck!

#5 ·
havent off roaded yet......no bumper removal for the bull bar.....need to cut some plasic and it is 6 bolts....the steps are 8 in total

#7 ·
I think Stainless Steel would look better on a Black truck, but of course is a personal choice, as personal tastes differ.

EBAY was my friend for great prices.

For the Bullbar, you don't have to remove the bumper, just the plastic shield under it, and make a couple of cuts in it, and re-install.

Looks great with PIAA Fog lights too!

#8 ·
Running the Westin step tubes vs. running boards and the Steelcraft bulbar. The Steelcarft was one of the few I could find that is also described as functional. So, I wasn't going after looks alone but needed something to help protect the front soft underbelly of the RL. It has certainly helped as since getting this, I have not had any bumper damage (already replaced the bumper once) and the bull bar isn't damaged either. Bought black so if it becomes damaged, I can simply repaint if it gets too bad. The skidplate is also removable.

One caveat, the instructions are cr*p. They provide templates for cutting the splashguard behind the bumper and they are wrong. You should just measure the mounts yourself and make your own cuts. It's not hard, but it is irritating as I doubt the manufacturer could have ever tried this themselves. You do not have to remove the bumper but I did anyway as it is very easy and provides a more open space to complete the work.

#10 ·
mine was on my 2008 before my 13.....no changes in mounting position....just some of the plastic that needs to be cut...no big deal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.