Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2013 Sport getting more mods!

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  chrismarko 
#1 ·
Santa was good to my ridge this year.....got a new Go Rhino Dominator Hitch Step for Xmas.....nowi think i just need a lift and im done

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never seen a hitch step in real life, so I always wondered what the point of it was. Can you pull it out so you can step on it w/the tailgate down? Otherwise, it would be kinda pointless since there's already a step built into the back bumper right? At least it looks cool!

#3 ·
it doesnt pull out but if you dont have a tonneau it makes it easier to put stuff in the bed......its also a little more protection for the rear.......looks good too

#5 ·
i think they are manik but im not sure.....i bought them from ebay a few years back....so far no rust and they are holding up well

#7 ·
I have the cheapie hitch step from Harbor Freight ($32.00). It does make it easier to step into the bed. Adds some protection for the rear as well. I wouldn't mind if it was four feet wide, but then someone would figure out another place to ding me.

#9 ·
I have the same one. I got it because I kept bumping the concrete wall in the parking garage at work. The garage has real short spaces and I want back as far as possible but I was afraid of damaging the bumper paint. $32 was cheap protection for me and it does make it a bit easier to step into the bed - even though the bumper does have a step this makes it easier. At some point I may upgrade to a chrome one to match my side tubes but, for now, cheap is fine.

#8 ·
not to mention it rounded out the look because i had the front and sides covered before

#10 ·
I bought one of the cheap ones off of Ebay with the LED strip built in. Only the brake and turn signal functions work now and it's time to replace.

The OP's step looks great!

#11 ·
thanks!.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.