SC/NC dealers - Page 2 - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2007
Color: Formal Black
Re: SC/NC dealers

Bought a 2007 with internet sale. Crown in Charlotte had the best price and I didn't have any problems with the sale. In fact it was the best transaction I have ever experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Not in Charlotte, but North Charleston: Stokes Honda was easy to deal with. I found their selection online, saw a good price and asked for it a little sweeter through e-mail, told them I was ready to buy today. They called back with the typical salesman speak, "We got your e-mail, and we want your business. We can only go as low as ($500 higher than the price I asked for); you want to come in and make this deal?" "No, instead I think I'll go look at the Ridgeline at Carmax again--" "Sir, let me see if there's anything else we can do and I'll call you back" (seven minutes later) "Sir, after talking with our sales manager I think we can meet at that price."

I walked in, paperwork was ready for me to sign because they filled out my credit app over the phone, got the 4.9% financing advertised, got the truck, got the price I wanted. I don't fault them for trying to get $500 more for it--the truck was worth it but it's the principle of getting the price I wanted.

'08 RTL with moonroof, rear splash guards, 6-CD changer
12/08: added OEM hood deflector, OEM roof rack, OEM bed extender
02/09: added Westin black nerf bars
03/09: AVS Ventshade rain guards from Burtman, iSimple iPod interface
12/09: OEM moonroof visor, Sportwing molding
02/10: OEM hitch & harness
12/11: BakFlip G2
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Model: RT
Model Year: 2010
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

I dealt with Haskell Chisolm at Rock Hill Honda. I was outside trying to look as interested as I could and after being walked by and ignored by other salesmen, he came out and helped let me take one for a test drive. While I debated between a used model and new over the next few months, I wasn't harrassed at all as some other dealers may do. I finally decided to buy a new model since they matched a quote I got through Edmunds. There were add ons of wheel locks and mud flaps that I couldn't get out of for $500, but I got such a great deal with the $1500 incentive at the time that I didn't care.
I've had the truck for 2 weeks now and I love it.
C/N: Rock Hill Honda, ask for Haskell, bring Edmunds quote

PS. Rock Hill Honda is a Hendrick family dealership, so they can access plenty of inventory.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Model: RTS

Stay away from Flow Honda in Winston Salem. Bunch of rip off artist working there. Service department seems pretty good, but sales is another story. I know they are there to make money and have no problem with that, just not all at once and all from me. Very dishonest sales men there.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTech View Post
Stay away from Flow Honda in Winston Salem. Bunch of rip off artist working there. Service department seems pretty good, but sales is another story. I know they are there to make money and have no problem with that, just not all at once and all from me. Very dishonest sales men there.
I bought my RL in August of 2005 from Flow Honda, I used internet quotes from area dealers to beat the crap out of them on price. I do not know how the sales dept. operates now.

In the past the service department has been good to me, though I take my RL to a former Honda Tech who opened his own shop less than 5 miles from my house.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Model: RTS

I was on the used side of the dealership. They wouldn't budge on the price at all. The salesman pulled up Autotrader to show me that they were on par with what was for sale in a 75 mile radius. He entered my world and didn't know it, I've researched Autotrader to death. I asked him to extend the search radius to 200 miles because I knew there was a RL in Fredricksburg VA that was apples to apples the RL they had, within a few hundred miles and different color. The salesman hit the back button and changed to 200 miles. As he was scrolling back down to hit the search button, I noticed the as SET the MINIMUM price at $19500. What?!?!? That really ticked me off really, really bad. I, um, let him know what I though about that practice. After he set the minimun to $0 and pulled up the RL I was telling him about, at $4000 cheaper, he had no where to go. I left and will NEVER go back to purchase a car from them. That's just dirty and low down. Hard to tell how many people they have used that trick on.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 AM
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner

Had a bad experience (several, really) at Flow MINI, and wouldn't go back to any Flow dealership.

Chip H.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Billet Silver Metallic

I have not been back to Flow Honda in a while. Based on what you guys are saying, looks like they have gone downhill and I have no need to ever go back. There is a Vann York Honda and Crown Honda just as close as Flow Honda to me.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic

My first Ridge was purchased at Rogers Honda in Shelby. They beat Charlotte prices, though I only spoke with internet managers at Concord and Hendrick on South Blvd. They sold me a very good extended warranty that I got when I bought my wifes' Odyssey there that has really good coverage. My second Ridge was bought at Fred Caldwell in Clover. Not Honda, but very straight up and easy to deal with sales. I get service at Hendrick in Charlotte and Rock Hill and have had great experiences at both. I work with Scott Wendell in Charlotte. Not sure about sales for either. He's very knowledgeable and recommends what the manufacturer suggests. Hope that helps someone.

-2007 Ridgeline RTL w/Nav, oem foglights, optional grille, factory DVD, body side moldings, backup camera, led lights,tonneau cover.
-2005 Honda Odyssey
-2004 Honda VFR 800
-Honda lawnmower
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
I know they are there to make money and have no problem with that, just not all at once and all from me.
And that would be 'Parker Honda' in Morehead City,NC. Am now a satisfied customer of 'Pecheles Honda' in New Bern, NC!

22 more miles to travel, but worth it.

Hawk

(Too smart for NASCAR, too dumb for opera.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Mid-South Ridgeline Owners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode