Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

SC/NC dealers

10K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  User498734 
#1 ·
Looking for a 2009/2010 in the next few months. Would like to hear what dealers to stay away from and what dealers bent over backward to make you a new owner.

Especially want to hear about Rock Hill/Charlotte area dealers.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Well, I bought my Ridge in NJ and moved to NC, so I don't really have any stories about the sales side of this dealer, but I do go to Metro Honda for my service. They are located on 74 in Indian Trail.

Been there about 3 times and they are very nice and professional. If I were in the market for another Honda, I would consider them.

#3 ·
I didn't really encounter any standout dealers when buying my 06

Concord is a volume dealer, so you're just a number to them. Go there if you don't really care about making new friends and all you want is to negotiate.

Crown is old-school. Salesman will run back & forth several times to the sales tower. Expect them to get at least one thing wrong (in their favor).

The dealer in Rock Hill had only one RL on the lot (when I visited) and it was loaded with dealer add-ons. Didn't actually talk to a salesman, as they were strangely closed that day (might have been a Sunday?)

There's a new dealer in Huntersville - no experience with them.

No experience with Metro, either.

Best of luck.
Chip H.

#4 ·
Breakaway Honda in Greenville, SC is the largest dealer in SC. I've bought 2 cars there, no haggling, awesome pricing both times.

my only gripe is I feel they slipped in a $225 tire warranty into my most recent deal and after driving 3 hours to get there, and 1.5 hours at the dealer I figured it was just weird math on the truth in lending sheet. even with that, I still feel like I got an AWESOME deal. I was in and out in 2 hours. I got bluebook for my trade which was a 1999 CRV with 165000 miles that needed 4 struts, 2 windows didn't work, so I was thrilled with that too. they also included a full bumper to bumper warranty through 100k miles on top of the honda certified warranty.

happy shopping!

#6 ·
We've bought two Hondas from Honda of Rock Hill, an Odyssey and the RL. Working to trade the Odyssey for a Pilot now. Service department is very good - loaners are usually available if you need one. I deal with Haskell Chisolm and he has made us some good deals on our vehicles. Don't know much about the other sales staff, but call Haskell.

Bought my Bali Blue RTL a year ago and they brought it down from another NC dealer at no charge.

Thumbs up for the Rock Hill dealer from me...

Bill

#8 ·
I stopped by while they were closed (Rock Hill) and did note that every vehicle on the lot had a dealer add on sticker for the "Hendrick Protection Package" and either mudflaps, wheel locks or a pinstripe. Then they stick a big orange sign on the window claiming a reduced price that subtracts the dealer add ons, bringing the price to MSRP.

We'll see. Anyone deal with the place in Blythwood next to the new Dick Dyer Toyota?

#10 ·
I'll sure second the vote for Lumberton Honda (Lumberton, NC). I got my '08 there two years ago this month, and I couldn't have been happier with the deal. I'd gotten several quotes from other Honda dealers, and some as far away as Tennessee. I took the deals to Lumberton Honda, and they beat all of them. Faye Taylor was my salesperson, and she's tops. Still love talking with her when I go in for my service. The service manager has been VERY straightforward, and even told me how I could save money on the service visits by doing the work myself. (Which I did.) Good dealership....good people.

#12 ·
Not in Charlotte, but North Charleston: Stokes Honda was easy to deal with. I found their selection online, saw a good price and asked for it a little sweeter through e-mail, told them I was ready to buy today. They called back with the typical salesman speak, "We got your e-mail, and we want your business. We can only go as low as ($500 higher than the price I asked for); you want to come in and make this deal?" "No, instead I think I'll go look at the Ridgeline at Carmax again--" "Sir, let me see if there's anything else we can do and I'll call you back" (seven minutes later) "Sir, after talking with our sales manager I think we can meet at that price."

I walked in, paperwork was ready for me to sign because they filled out my credit app over the phone, got the 4.9% financing advertised, got the truck, got the price I wanted. I don't fault them for trying to get $500 more for it--the truck was worth it but it's the principle of getting the price I wanted.

#13 ·
I dealt with Haskell Chisolm at Rock Hill Honda. I was outside trying to look as interested as I could and after being walked by and ignored by other salesmen, he came out and helped let me take one for a test drive. While I debated between a used model and new over the next few months, I wasn't harrassed at all as some other dealers may do. I finally decided to buy a new model since they matched a quote I got through Edmunds. There were add ons of wheel locks and mud flaps that I couldn't get out of for $500, but I got such a great deal with the $1500 incentive at the time that I didn't care.
I've had the truck for 2 weeks now and I love it.
C/N: Rock Hill Honda, ask for Haskell, bring Edmunds quote

PS. Rock Hill Honda is a Hendrick family dealership, so they can access plenty of inventory.

#14 ·
Stay away from Flow Honda in Winston Salem. Bunch of rip off artist working there. Service department seems pretty good, but sales is another story. I know they are there to make money and have no problem with that, just not all at once and all from me. Very dishonest sales men there.

#15 ·
I bought my RL in August of 2005 from Flow Honda, I used internet quotes from area dealers to beat the crap out of them on price. I do not know how the sales dept. operates now.

In the past the service department has been good to me, though I take my RL to a former Honda Tech who opened his own shop less than 5 miles from my house.

#16 ·
I was on the used side of the dealership. They wouldn't budge on the price at all. The salesman pulled up Autotrader to show me that they were on par with what was for sale in a 75 mile radius. He entered my world and didn't know it, I've researched Autotrader to death. I asked him to extend the search radius to 200 miles because I knew there was a RL in Fredricksburg VA that was apples to apples the RL they had, within a few hundred miles and different color. The salesman hit the back button and changed to 200 miles. As he was scrolling back down to hit the search button, I noticed the as SET the MINIMUM price at $19500. What?!?!? That really ticked me off really, really bad. I, um, let him know what I though about that practice. After he set the minimun to $0 and pulled up the RL I was telling him about, at $4000 cheaper, he had no where to go. I left and will NEVER go back to purchase a car from them. That's just dirty and low down. Hard to tell how many people they have used that trick on.

#19 ·
My first Ridge was purchased at Rogers Honda in Shelby. They beat Charlotte prices, though I only spoke with internet managers at Concord and Hendrick on South Blvd. They sold me a very good extended warranty that I got when I bought my wifes' Odyssey there that has really good coverage. My second Ridge was bought at Fred Caldwell in Clover. Not Honda, but very straight up and easy to deal with sales. I get service at Hendrick in Charlotte and Rock Hill and have had great experiences at both. I work with Scott Wendell in Charlotte. Not sure about sales for either. He's very knowledgeable and recommends what the manufacturer suggests. Hope that helps someone.

#22 ·
Hendrick Honda in Charlotte has treated me great...salesman was Joe Gamati. I got a great price on a leftover new 2011 this year. Unfortunately, I had several minor issues that had to be fixed in the first 6 months, but they really bent over backward to take care of it. They took care of me with free gas and car washes because of all the problems I had initially. I love the truck now by the way!

#23 ·
The sales staff at Asheboro Honda is good I have bought two RLs from them they played the back and forth game until they were about to lose us. I have a friend who is a sales manager at a Honda dealer out of the area who advised me where to be on price, after a little back and forth they settled with me where I started.

#24 ·
Sanford Honda, Sanford NC is the best. I have been going there since 94 and cant complain one bit. Allen Black has been the greatest. Everytime a new model or big changes came out he had me there playing and digging around inside and out. I really consider him a great friend and I know he is still there as of last summer. I stopped by to say hello when I was stateside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.