SC/NC dealers - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: *Not a Ridgeline owner
SC/NC dealers

Looking for a 2009/2010 in the next few months. Would like to hear what dealers to stay away from and what dealers bent over backward to make you a new owner.

Especially want to hear about Rock Hill/Charlotte area dealers.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2007
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Re: SC/NC dealers

Well, I bought my Ridge in NJ and moved to NC, so I don't really have any stories about the sales side of this dealer, but I do go to Metro Honda for my service. They are located on 74 in Indian Trail.

Been there about 3 times and they are very nice and professional. If I were in the market for another Honda, I would consider them.

--john
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 AM
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

I didn't really encounter any standout dealers when buying my 06

Concord is a volume dealer, so you're just a number to them. Go there if you don't really care about making new friends and all you want is to negotiate.

Crown is old-school. Salesman will run back & forth several times to the sales tower. Expect them to get at least one thing wrong (in their favor).

The dealer in Rock Hill had only one RL on the lot (when I visited) and it was loaded with dealer add-ons. Didn't actually talk to a salesman, as they were strangely closed that day (might have been a Sunday?)

There's a new dealer in Huntersville - no experience with them.

No experience with Metro, either.

Best of luck.
Chip H.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 04:15 PM

Model: RTX
Color: Formal Black

Breakaway Honda in Greenville, SC is the largest dealer in SC. I've bought 2 cars there, no haggling, awesome pricing both times.

my only gripe is I feel they slipped in a $225 tire warranty into my most recent deal and after driving 3 hours to get there, and 1.5 hours at the dealer I figured it was just weird math on the truth in lending sheet. even with that, I still feel like I got an AWESOME deal. I was in and out in 2 hours. I got bluebook for my trade which was a 1999 CRV with 165000 miles that needed 4 struts, 2 windows didn't work, so I was thrilled with that too. they also included a full bumper to bumper warranty through 100k miles on top of the honda certified warranty.

happy shopping!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
ROC Rank: 4k Comma Club

Model: *Former Ridgeline Owner
Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Forgot about Breakaway.

I haven't shopped there, but I took my CR-V by there a couple of times for service and was very happy.

Chip H.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2009
Color: Bali Blue Pearl

We've bought two Hondas from Honda of Rock Hill, an Odyssey and the RL. Working to trade the Odyssey for a Pilot now. Service department is very good - loaners are usually available if you need one. I deal with Haskell Chisolm and he has made us some good deals on our vehicles. Don't know much about the other sales staff, but call Haskell.

Bought my Bali Blue RTL a year ago and they brought it down from another NC dealer at no charge.

Thumbs up for the Rock Hill dealer from me...

Bill

Bill

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. ~Guilaume Apollinaire
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betapifiji View Post

Thumbs up for the Rock Hill dealer from me...
+1 for Rock Hill

#567 HPD-Shut Up and Drive...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Model: *Not a Ridgeline owner

I stopped by while they were closed (Rock Hill) and did note that every vehicle on the lot had a dealer add on sticker for the "Hendrick Protection Package" and either mudflaps, wheel locks or a pinstripe. Then they stick a big orange sign on the window claiming a reduced price that subtracts the dealer add ons, bringing the price to MSRP.

We'll see. Anyone deal with the place in Blythwood next to the new Dick Dyer Toyota?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Color: White / Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by roch207 View Post
Looking for a 2009/2010 in the next few months. Would like to hear what dealers to stay away from and what dealers bent over backward to make you a new owner.

Especially want to hear about Rock Hill/Charlotte area dealers.

Thanks!
HIgly recommend Lumberton Honda North Carolina
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Model Year: 2008
Color: Formal Black

I'll sure second the vote for Lumberton Honda (Lumberton, NC). I got my '08 there two years ago this month, and I couldn't have been happier with the deal. I'd gotten several quotes from other Honda dealers, and some as far away as Tennessee. I took the deals to Lumberton Honda, and they beat all of them. Faye Taylor was my salesperson, and she's tops. Still love talking with her when I go in for my service. The service manager has been VERY straightforward, and even told me how I could save money on the service visits by doing the work myself. (Which I did.) Good dealership....good people.

Tom - 2008 Formal Black RTL with some extra stuff on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline Clubs and Gatherings > Mid-South Ridgeline Owners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode