Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

B134 service questions

16K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  speedlever 
#1 ·
My dear Ridgy has 99900 miles as of this a.m. and the B134 maintence light came on. Part of the maintence is to replace the diff and tranny fluid. I just replaced the fluid 25k miles ago does it really need to be changed that often?

Also It seems that most people are taking the timing belts longer then 100k. Should I just bite the bullet and do the full maintence or what?

Thanks.

#2 ·
That sounds about right. The code to change the differential and transmission fluid has popped about every 25k miles on my '06. The timing belt/water pump code ('4') popped at 105k for me (just short of the 'normal' 106k). Remember, though, "your mileage may vary." :)

Seems like the MM has determined that conditions warrant you change the belt a bit earlier than most. Most likely no reasonable threat of imminent TB failure if you don't do the full maintenance. I put off my timing belt replacement for about 9k miles and others have gone much further.

#3 ·
I let mine go until around 110,000. If you plan on keeping the Ridge until over 200K, then you'll be facing two tb changes and you might as well go ahead and get it done. If you plan to sell before a second tb change, then you could wait a few miles until it is most convenient.

I think the VTM-4 change every 25,000 is the normal routine after the initial couple of changes.

#4 ·
Yep. The unofficial maintenance schedule calls for 30k mile rear diff changes in normal usage. The MM in my usage confirms that. Half that for severe service.

I change tranny fluid every other oil change (a personal thing) and get around 13k miles (about a year of service) per change.

I am a slow worker and did my Pilot the other night. Took me about 2 hours to do an oil change, tranny fluid D&F, and a rear diff change. Then it took me about 2 hours to do an oil and filter change on the RL, rotate the tires, and replace engine and cabin filters. About 4.5 hours total with clean up and test drives. I figure I saved myself about $400 or more by DIY. Cha-ching!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.