Cold Feet Question? - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTS
Model Year: 2006
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Question Cold Feet Question?

Why does my heater blow everywhere else except the floor when I have the the mode switch in the "Floor Only" position. Turning the mode switch from the "Windshield/Floor" position to the "Floor Only" position does not increase the airflow to the floor as I would expect. Shutting the side vents should not be a solution but is the only one the dealer could come up with.
Spotter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM
ROC Rank: 5k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Re: Cold Feet Question?

As I told you on the phone, my feet don't feel warm in the truck either. I don't recall ever putting it on foot only, but I have split it (dash and foot?). However, the cab gets toasty very fast. I wish my Jeep had a heater like this truck.

Thanks for giving me a call today so that we could exchange phone and email information with you. BIGGUY will be calling you back when he gets home from work with his observations and ideas. We hope to meet up with you again soon.

'06 Steel BLUE RTL with NAV, OEM roof rack, running boards, backup camera, hitch, rear mud guards, air deflector, underseat storage, body side moldings, pin stripes, decals, Doggie Deck, Retrax, vent visors, bull bar, dash plate, tubular hitch step, XM!!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

I have the same problem. Once it gets cold outside I like most people wear a coat, so I do not need it blowing on my chest. The service manual says that the air on "foot only" will come out the vents like this; out the two outside vents and the two floor vents if I remember correctly. I get a weak trickle even when I turn the outside vent off. In the "floor only" position my thinking would be that most of the air would go to the floor, unfortunately most goes to the outside vents and then to the passenger side. First auto that I have ever had "trouble" with the heater.

Born on Date 4/05
2006 Nighthawk Black RTL w/moonroof, Westin Platinum series nerf bars, Honda tonneau cover, Day/Night mirror, Fog Lights, Bed Extender, Harmon Karden Drive & Play(IPOD connector) w/Soundgate HOND3 adapter, Davstar keysafe, Stealth turn signal Bulbs, RamMount Laptop stand w/ Route66 GPS software 5S Dude Door Sills.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

You might try cleaning the cabin filter. I read somewhere in the post that shows the cabin filter replacement process that this cleaning had helped increase perceived airflow.

Good Luck!

"-Black Pearl -"

Debadged; billet grilles; TSW Montage 18" rims, Yokohama - 265 55's; chrome handles/light bezels;bed mat; 6 window tint@20%; 5S Dudes sills/cubby; GE NightHawks; K&N Drop in; Stealth marker bulbs; KP Tech window mods; WeatherTech mats; iPAC audio input; Leer 100XQ topper; OEM: Moon roof, XM, two tone leather, bed extender, hood deflector, vent visors, sunroof deflector, rear mud guards, fog lights, trunk carpet/dividers, hitch, harness.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Model Year: 2007
Color: Billet Silver Metallic

Something's definitely wrong. When I have it on windshield/feet, the bottom barely blows any air out. My feet start to get warm only when I put it on feet only.

2007 RTS Billet Silver / Grey - rear splash guards, running boards, wheel locks, rear view camera, bed extender
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 05:44 PM
TMF

Model: RT

This is interesting... we are in our first cold snap this winter and I noticed the same thing. I have ~6 mo. and 7k on it. I'll have a service done sometime in Feb. and will discuss with the service department. If anyone speaks with them in advance I'd love to hear the feedback.

T

Nighthawk Black RT - Built 04/06
Roof rack, Running Boards, Splash Guards, Infinity 6012i, custom grill, bed mat, iPod link, other gadgets recommended on ROC...
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:32 PM

I noticed this also. My feet feel cold even if I have it set to blow on feet. I can feel it blow hot air down there if I stick my hand in there, but my feet and legs are still feeling cold. Maybe its the way the airflow is directed?

06 Silver RTS - Pretty much stock with towing package.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
ROC Rank: Senior

Color: Redrock Pearl / Beige

After reading these posts, I tried out my feet-only setting the other night -- and had the same problem -- there's a very little bit of heat coming out near my feet, but more still comes out through the side and middle vents, despite the feet-only setting. Weird.

"... in the morning, when the wild ducks rose in the air, they stared at their new comrade. 'What sort of a duck are you?' they all said, coming round him."
Build Date 4/05
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Send a message via Yahoo to bongus

Dang...now I have another thing to try out. Isn't this thing fun?

What we do in life echos in eternity!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
TMF

Model: RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMF
This is interesting... we are in our first cold snap this winter and I noticed the same thing. I have ~6 mo. and 7k on it. I'll have a service done sometime in Feb. and will discuss with the service department. If anyone speaks with them in advance I'd love to hear the feedback.

T
Updated observation... when only on the floor setting it appears to push out the side vents, the floor vents (which are close to the center of the console), and the windshield vents... for some reason my feet feel cold, but I don't know why. Maybe it's because of how much heat is made in general? I've never had a vehicle that heated this quickly.

FYI... don't test these things while driving down the road like I tried...

Nighthawk Black RT - Built 04/06
Roof rack, Running Boards, Splash Guards, Infinity 6012i, custom grill, bed mat, iPod link, other gadgets recommended on ROC...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode