Original Equipment Tires - Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTX
Model Year: 2006
Color: Steel Blue / Gray
Question Original Equipment Tires

Wow, only 50000 kms on my Michelines and they need to be replaced. Any one else or is this a result of my bad driving habits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2008
Color: Billet Silver / Gray
Re: Original Equipment Tires

Well with only 31,068 miles - that doesn't sound to good. What kind of "bad" driving habits do you have?

Thanks
BruceRTL

Meets attended: Sedona IV in AZ - 2008, Tempe, AZ -2008, Phoenix, AZ - 2008, Sedona V in AZ - 2009, San Diego, CA - 2009 - Phoenix, AZ - 2009, Sedona VI in AZ - 2010, Sedona VII in AZ - 2011

2008 RTL /Navi
Purchased Dec 2007
Bug Deflector, Trailor Hitch, Dash Mat, ScanGauge, Rear Splash Guards, Westin Bed Xtender, Pop & Lock, BakFlip G2
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Model Year: 2007

There have been numerous posts about the life of the OEM tire. I had an extreme case myself. In my opinion, the tire itself provides awesome performance, but the life of them SUCKS! I went with Yokohama myself, but do a forum search and you'll find your not the only one.

The only reason some people get lost in thought...
is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
VoicesInMyHead
Dark Silver Sage Metallic

Click Pic For Full List Of Alterations

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 AM
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club

Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

See......

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...iles+OEM+tires

The OEM tires were specifically designed and engineered for the RL. After my test ride, demonstrating the capabilities of the tires (with a 1000 lbs loaded bed) the OEM's have proven to be a VERY worthy tire.

I would like to see any other competitors tires try to compare to the OEM,s on the coarse like they had set up at the meet. I doubt they would stand up to the over 3 hours of abuse the OEM's went through!!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: RTS
Color: Nighthawk Black / Beige

My OEM's also wore out by 50,000 miles.
I replaced them with the Yokohama Geolander HT-S's 275-60-17
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
ROC Rank: Junior

Model Year: 2008
Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic

Smoke Shows tend to wear tires out FYI I know I have owned a few Trans Am's in my life. Those were $200+ a tire for ones that would last more then 6 months. (went through a lot of used tires to save money)

PHX Meet Nov 08,

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out.. shouting ..Holy ****.. What a Ride!!!

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
ROC Rank: 2k Comma Club

Color: Steel Blue / Gray

Quote:

The OEM tires were specifically designed and engineered for the RL.
You mean their was never a Micheline LTX M/S before the Ridge came out? I could have sworn I've seen them on some early model Chevy Avalanches and some other trucks and SUV's. Their are other tires out their that rate better than the LTX. Did Micheline actually go out of their way to specifically design a tire for the Honda Ridgeline? I've heard of this before but its hard to believe.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Color: Steel Blue Metallic

Northern lights, Was just about to post the same... so who knows the specifics?

Hi, I have read a few times that the OEM Michelin LTX M/S was specifically designed for the Ridgeline, and I believe that is the case, but what does that mean considering the same or similar tire (by model) can be purchased all over the place. Different belts, numbers of belts, sidewalls, other constriction? And does this mean that you could really only get an identical replacement from your dealer? By consumer model name this tire has been around longer than the Ridgeline.

About 4 years ago after reading practically every review I could find on this tire, I purchased it for my previous truck. I just quickly scanned through ~1100 reviews of this tire on the Tirerack site, and in comparison, it’s still hard to beat (and CostCo had a coupon, which a local seller beat). Of course you can trade away any qualities you like in favor of others that better suit your needs, but in my opinion after having owned two sets to be an outstanding tire.

It's all good fun!

Last edited by schwejo; 06-25-2008 at 03:36 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:57 PM
ROC Rank: Comma Club HOF 10,000+

Model Year: 2013
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUinaRidge View Post
See......

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...iles+OEM+tires

The OEM tires were specifically designed and engineered for the RL. After my test ride, demonstrating the capabilities of the tires (with a 1000 lbs loaded bed) the OEM's have proven to be a VERY worthy tire.

I would like to see any other competitors tires try to compare to the OEM,s on the coarse like they had set up at the meet. I doubt they would stand up to the over 3 hours of abuse the OEM's went through!!

What Carl said!! Honda does a great job in selecting tires for their vehicles. The OEM on the RL is excellent!! I did nothing with the tires on my 06 for the 3 years I owned it, pressure check a couple of times. Intend to do the same with the 08!

25 Year Honda Owner
“The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Color: Billet Silver / Gray

Went through inspection on my 06 RTL @ 50,000 miles. The tires passed so
I'm good togo for 55k miles, I will probably replace with Bridgestones, WHY,
$625 with 4 wheel allignment Plus a 10% reduction in this price for being a Morganton Honda NC Preferred Customer. Hay, I have let them service my RTl every 5k miles since I bought it. I'm always getting coupons
of either a 10% reduction in service a a flat rate $29.50 for a 19 point inspection plus oil change and tire rotation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode