LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
ROC Rank: Freshman

Model: RTL
Model Year: 2006
Color: Amazon Green / Olive
OEM Tonneu cover help...

Hello All,
I bought my Ridgeline used last week and do not have a key for the Tonneu cover lock. So, is my best bet to go to a dealership and see if they can order a key (?) or go to a locksmith to see if they can replace it with a new lock & key? (I assume someone else must have also had this dillema.)

Also, it appears the cover is oxidizing or getting a "chalky" appearance. Has anyone found a cleaner or wax to bring back the black color?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TEN100; 12-11-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 AM
ROC Rank: 1k Comma Club

Model Year: 2008
Color: Steel Blue Metallic
Re: OEM Tonneu cover help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN100 View Post
Hello All,
I bought my Ridgeline used last week and do not have a key for the Tonneu cover lock. So, is my best bet to go to a dealership and see if they can order a key (?) or go to a locksmith to see if they can replace it with a new lock & key? (I assume someone else must have also had this dillema.)

Also, it appears the cover is oxidizing or getting a "chalky" appearance. Has anyone found a cleaner or wax to bring back the black color?

Thanks in advance!
Just order a new lock assembly from Majestic Honda and replace it yourself the dealership will charge too much.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 AM
ROC Rank: 3k Comma Club

Location: Washington,DC Pax River Naval Air Station Area Southern Maryland
Model Year: 2007
Color: Dark Cherry Pearl

Iam not sure about the lock but with the oem cover oxidizing.
I use the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish to keep it black.
Wash the cover with a car wash detergent like Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner. Then dry it & put the Ice Liquid Polish on it with wax applicator just like you would polish the truck. You may use about a quarter to half a bottle for the first time. If it starts to turn back to the normal black color then this is what you can use. This has been what I use to maintain the oem cover.

2007 DARK CHERRY PEARL/BEIGE RTLNAV
OEM FOGLIGHTS+ BLACK TUBE SIDE STEPS+ FENDER FLARES+ BACK-UP CAM +TONNEAU COVER+
BED EXTENDER +BODY COLORED SIDE PROTECTERS 35% Tint 2 sides OEM Hood Air Deflector/ Covercraft model UV10938 HEATSHIELD/OEM Window Visors+Moonroof Visor+ Under-Seat Storage Tray/LRV ProTecta Heavy Weight Bed Mat #LV6968 /Wet Okole Hawaii Seat Covers
Honda Ridgeline Truck Utility with Crossover DriveAbility & Versatility
2000 ACURA 3.2TL Navi NighthawkBlack Ebony
FTM1/ FRED
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:48 AM
ROC Rank: Sophomore

Model: *Not a Ridgeline owner
Model Year: 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN100 View Post
Hello All,

Thanks in advance!
Ten100- Its funny because I just bought my Ridgeline 3 weeks ago and did not notice the key was missing for the cover lock. I called my salesman and asked if the previous owner gave them the key and they said no. I explained to them this should have been part of the purchase and they needed to rectify the situation. They set me up for an appointment, ordered a new lock and key assembly and will be installing it tomorrow at NO cost to me. Give it a try and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums > Honda Ridgeline > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode