Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Moonroof Wrench

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rollinhonda 
#1 ·
Hello all, I tried searching for this but came up dry. Anyway when I owned a 95 Civic EX coupe it had a moonroof similar to my Ridge. However on that car it came with a moonroof wrench in case the power failed and I needed to get it closed. I can't find any info in my manual about closing my Ridge roof manually and I don't seem to have a wrench tool. I know Hondas are reliable but what gives? Any info is greatly appreciated. :act014:

#2 ·
News to me!~

I say go see your dealership parts counter and look up the part, and explain to him about the civic wrench!

#3 ·
They don't make the wrench that was in the tool kit anymore at least not on the Ridgeline.
The vehicles that came with a moonroof had this item.
They also had a button/plug in the headliner on the roof that you could pop out & insert the wrench in the socket if the power moonroof failed to close it manually. My 1980 Honda Prelude had this so did my 1994 Accord EX & my 2000 Acura TL has it.

#4 ·
Also forgot to say I was looking around in the Ridgeline when we first got it for ths wrench/crank with tire jack kit this is the location Honda always kept it. But when I took a look at the roof headliner I saw no pop out plug button so I said they don't have it for this vehicle.

#5 ·
I just checked the service manual, no mention of a crank for the power moonroof. If it does not work right, it is a fuse, the power switch, a limit switch or the motor.
Not much else can go bad unless it was physically damaged somehow. I'm sure it can be closed if it fails when open, but it will not be as easy to do it without a crank of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.